main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

oh georgia! the hutt man cometh!

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by Grimby , Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    hey guys, guess what?! i just found out the other day that i might be coming back to fort gordon for some more schooling. :D

i'm going to be reporting to my new base in montana next month, and i think i'll be sent out to georgia probably sometime this summer. i'll be there for about a month i believe.

hopefully i'll get to show up to a meeting or two. it'll be fun hangin' out with you guys again. can't wait. :D

so, how's everyone been?

2. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Hey Grimby, it's great hearin from ya man. Everything is going good here, hope you can make it to a meeting when your in town. :)

3. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Awesome! :D Hope you can come! :D

Well, we've got a couple new Augustan Raiders, LordJoda and Jedi_TaganCalera :D

How have you been?

God bless!

-Malz

4. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Yes I'm a Newbi. I don't know you but welcome back all the same.

How was your trip Malz?

Joey ;)

5. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    The fact that Grimby is headed back for schooling implies that like me he's in the Service. Welcome back Grimby, I look forward to meeting you. I'm an Air Force instructor here at Ft. Gordon.

JTC

6. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    It was awesome! :D I'll tell you more about it in a PM :D And I've got lots of pictures!

Yeah JTC, he's in the military...he moved away and I guess he's getting moved back again! :D

God bless!

-Malz

7. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Cool!

It will be good to see ya again dude!

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    good to hear from all my old friends. brings back memories from last year. :D

The fact that Grimby is headed back for schooling implies that like me he's in the Service. Welcome back Grimby, I look forward to meeting you. I'm an Air Force instructor here at Ft. Gordon.

Heh, yep I'm in the Air Force as well. I've been here at Osan AB, Korea for the past year. I imagine you're a SATCOMer too? My new base (Malmstrom AFB Montana) will be sending me back to Ft. Gordon for MILSTAR training. Do you have any idea how long the course is? You may know better than me how long I'll be out there.

9. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Tell us when you hear something! :D

God bless!

-Malz

10. Jedi_TaganCalera

Mar 10, 2002
    Yep. I'm a SWATS Instructor. I teach TRC-170, GRC-239 and Basic Radio theory at Allen Hall.

Milstar is about a 3-4 week course but I think its self paced. So if the class goes fast it goes fast, if not..not. But its good per diem if you can get off base (about $36). Oh yeah, and depending on when you get here my roommate will likely be your instructor. >:)

My number is up later next year. I'm hoping for Germany, Japan or England if I can get overseas. If I'm stateside I'm hoping Florida or Colorado.

So how long ago were you here for school? Or did you come in during the old days at Keesler like me? I'm wondering if I don't already know you. It's a small SWATS world after all. :)

JTC

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    heh, that's pretty decent per diem. hopefully i get off base. ;)

i was there for tech school from november of last year until the end of march. were you there around that time?

i grew up in colorado. great place to live. i was hoping to go there from korea but unfortunately it didn't happen. they never gave me a follow-on when i left tech school, so i'm still bitter. (curse you Sgt. Velez! :_|)

12. Jedi_TaganCalera

Mar 10, 2002
    Yes I was there. I wonder if I was one of your instructors or not.

Cursing Valez is a fairly standard response to many of his incompetancies. hehehe. :)

JTC

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well, it turns out that my shop's not in as big of a rush to send me as i thought. it doesn't look like i'll be coming this summer, but it's possible i could be there in september.....

15. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
  16. blueeyedjess

blueeyedjess Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    It will be quite noce to see you whenever you get back!
    I hope your stay over in Korea wasn't too bad!
    Glad your back stateside though!!

17. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Aww... :(

Well, you'll be here in time for my birthday... ;) :p

God bless!

-Malz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.