main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA OH GOOD LORD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by pacman, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    All i'm gonna say is don't **** with master yoda.

This one wins, hands down and without even trying.

Only 8 more hours until i see it again!:)

2. phijedi202

phijedi202 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I have not been able to whip the look of shock from my face since I saw the opening shot after the classic Star Wars crawl. It is difficult to put into words just how much I loved this movie. There is so much in this film for a Star Wars fan to enjoy. When I left TPM, I kept thinking how I couldn't wait for the next movie. When I left AOTC, I couldn't stop thinking about everything I had just seen. This was great the first time and I know it will only get better the more I see it. This was well worth the wait. BTW Yoda is the bomb.

3. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Yoda is da man, but we already knew that. Dooku and Palpy, they are serious bad asses.

4. phijedi202

May 5, 2002
    P.S. I got interviewed by 1530 AM while I was waiting in line. The did a segement with me live, and then another interview that they said was for file so they could play it a few times. The funny thing is, the lady couldn't grasp the idea that even though this is the 5th Star Wars movie, it was called Episode 2. I had to explain it to her like 5 times, but she still never got it right, but I got to correct her on air, so I felt pretty cool. Just a little thrill for a fan that got to talk about Star Wars to about 300,000 people. What a great day.

5. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    just got back from the UA Olympus Pointe show. The movie...well how should I put this...ROCKS!!!!!! Myself, Darth_Hater, and Ghost_Rider arrived at the line at 1:20 in the afternoon. Rattak was walking around with a video camera taking some footage and we got to meet him, so that was cool. We were then invaded by line cutters which sucked but ended up getting good seets anyways, so it doesnt really matter. Sadly, Ghost_Rider had to leave the movie towards the beginning b/c he came down with something quick and was feeling very sick. I havent been able to talk to him since he left but hopefully tomorrow. Then I stared blankly at a screen for two odd hours wondering how I got so lucky to see such an awesome film. Then I got home and it's now 3:30 so I'm going to bed.

6. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Howdy, Y'all,

phi, I heard the comments earlier on KFBK -- well done, and I was laughing right along with you :)

OHMYGAWDITWASSOMUCHFUN!!

And only 26,280 hours to go until the next one!! :cool:

My wife and I will be at the Century Cinedomes for the 4 PM show on Thursday, May 16th -- we'll be easy to spot, as we'll have four kids (and my mother) in tow. If anyone is up for another go, feel free to say howdy! :D

OHMYGAWDITWASSOMUCHFUN!!

Also, I got interviewed by the Sacramento Bee for the Scene section, and it was a relatively long interview. I'm curious as to how much will make the paper, but regardless, feel free to pick up a copy (shameless plug, and thanks, Alison) :D

OHMYGAWDITWASSOMUCHFUN!!

Jar-Jar Binks: Destroyer of the Galaxy?

OHMYGAWDITWASSOMUCHFUN!!

Take care, all,
    Darth "I can't believe it's not Fabio" Ridiculous

7. FluukeStarbucker

FluukeStarbucker Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    WOW! I'm still catching my breath. Dooku doesn't F around. And of course, Mace is the baddest bad ass of them all, along with Yoda. Those two are like Starsky and Hutch of the galaxy. Talk about non-stop. This made up for that lull in the Phantom Menace. OH, how I wanted to be Anakin on Naboo. Alright, time to sleep.

8. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Weird about all the interviews. I got interviewed by the Roseville Press Tribune while standing in line for the 12:02 showing, and I got to pose for some silly lightsaber pictures. It was a crazy day, my car broke down on the way to the theater, and I almost got beat up by a bunch of kids who were trying to run me over with their car in the UA parking lot. Long story. I almost didn't make it there. But none of it matters, cuz I got to see EPII and it ROCKS!!

9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe how amazing it was! Eight times better than Phantom! I totally exceeded all of my expectations!!!! FAN-TASTIC!! I can't wait to see it again! Yoda and Mace Windu rocked! I loved Anakin and Obi. Amidala's costumes were amazing. The film was beautiful. The story was very emotional. The film and ALL the jam-packed action was incredibly tight! I loved the female jedi and the female bounty hunters too! AMAZING!!

I can't believe how many people there were at Arden. I never found anyone I knew. I forget how many fans there are in the world! I was in theater 4. I can't wait ot see it again!

10. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    doh! Crutag and his group and I were in theater 4 too!! We were looking for you auntie, can't believe you were right under our nose the whole time!

11. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    I was the fat guy with long hair in a black long shirt.

As per the movie...
    Id give myself up just to be able to say yoda's my pimp.

12. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Saw Brightsith at the movies last night.

Movie rocked!!!
    Yoda is DA MAN!!!

13. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    OMG! My mouth was wide open during the entire Yoda/Dooku battle. That is when I wasn't yelling "**** yeah!" The UA Laguna theater sucked (movie's focus and flat seating). At least someone brought a beach ball to knock around, while we were seated and waiting.

14. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Cal! That's hilarious! Yoda did rock!

Sactown, dang, I'm so sorry the Laguna theater wasn't good. We'll all see it at Arden soon, and hopefully we'll make it out to a digital theater in San Francisco.

Oh man Pacman! That's funny. Could you believe that woman brought her baby?? She got up in a huff and after everyone shhhh'd her and said "Then I'm going home!" You know, like we'd say "Oh no, please stay. We didn't mean for you to have to leave the theater." It's not a big deal in a normal movie, but not the biggest release of the year! (My apologies if anyone reading or posting here was the baby or the mother).

I can't wait to see it again!

15. phijedi202

May 5, 2002
    yeah I was in theater 4 also at Arden. I'm so glad that lady finally took her baby out of the theater. Who brings a baby to a midnight show anyways? geez

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    sounds like everyone loved it. Haven't seen it yet myself. Hope I am up to it tomorrow night.

17. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I know for sure I will be seeing this movie more than once. I already plan to see it again this weekend. Going to SF for a digital showing sounds great.

18. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Anyone read the scene section in the Sacramento Bee today? Joe Baltake sucks, he always has and he always will.

19. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    I'M FREAKIN' OUT!!! I GOTTA SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! HOPEFULLY TOMORROW!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAGH!

....just breathe, young Jedi.... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE HELP! i get out of school at 12:00 tomorrow. closest times after at UA Olympus Point: 1220 1250 1320 1350
    with any luck, we could get in relatively easily, since it'll be the middle of the day. if anyone wants to go (stupid question, i know), reply here and maybe we can even get advanced tix tonight. i'll be back on in a couple hours to check.
    NGHAAA! MUST FIND WAYS TO PASS THE TIME! BUT...... SO...... HARD......

20. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    URGH! I haven't read the Bee yet. I was worried he'd be an idiot again. He was terrible with the last movie too.

21. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    WOW!!!!!! All I can say is just...WOW!! Okay so the sound wasn't loud enough..but still..it was an AMAZING story. I soooo wanted to be Padme, she totally surprised me in teh arena battle.
    I don;t know how the crowds were in Sac..but down here everyone was cheering and reacting throughout the entire movie. It made it very exciting, but I can;t wait to see it when people aren't screaming through half the lines. And when Yoda went after Dooku...ohh forget about trying to hear anything!

Anyways, that's my so. cal scoop. Can't wait to go see it again..and again...and again...

The Force is with Lucas!

22. GHOST_RIDER

GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I got some rest and saved up some of my jedi power for today just to catch the entire movie. It sucks i got sick, but today was AWESOME!!!! I never doubted George and i always thought TPM was awesome too. I just LOVE Star Wars. Gonna see it tomorrow too.

23. GHOST_RIDER

GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    BTW Hayden did an excellent job!!!

24. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better, Ghost. I was kind of worried. I knew you must have felt miserable.

25. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Three times now and it keeps getting better!!!!
    12:01 at UA Laguna (aud 4)! place sucked! Met Sac-Town Knight and spiked a beach ball!

9:30 at Century Arden (aud 4)! best emotional response! only 80% full. Went solo! best way to go!
    5:00 at Century Arden (aud 3)! best trailers (matrix 2/3) best sound and print so far!

All shows great!

Best will be the DLP 1000 van ness in SF!!!!!

can't wait!

maybe time for one more show tonight. Must call more freinds to see if they want to go!
    see ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.