main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OH MY....Look at this if you want a shock about Dark Journey, I found it on Barnes And Noble!!! (sp)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Simone, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    If Jag isn't going to die, my money is on Zekk or some other new character. Kind of like Tahiri being reintroduced in Conquest without any introduction for people who hadn't read JJK. After all, in Ruin, Jaina was supposedly all broken up about her wingmate Anni dying and we only ever read a couple of lines about her.

But I do so want it to be Jacen. To die in an utterly ignominious fashion, and then Jaina deciding that the whiny little brat just isn't worth the trouble. But we all know that isn't going to happen. If a person's got 'Skywalker' or 'Solo' attached to their name, they can do no wrong.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I bet this Major character isnt the Magnificant Six or family members of the Magnificant Six.

It'll be either:

A made up character we've never seen before
    Talon Karrde
    Lando Calrissian
    Kyp Durron
    Corran Horn
    Ganner
    Gavin Darklighter
    Booster Terrik
    Mirax Horn
    Admiral Ackbar
    Hobbie
    Janson
    Admiral Gilad Pellaeon
    Shada D'kul
    Tahari
    Mon Mothma (She still around?)
    Winter
    Tycho
    Kam
    Tionne
    etc etc

Plus who said it had to be a good guy that bites the dust? We all know Nom Anor is in trouble or going to be. Maybe he bites the dust? I'd classify him as a Major Character.

3. Capt_JainaSolo

Capt_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    "personal lost"..I don't remember who posted it, but what if it isn't a person, but it was her able to fly? Maybe her vision goes again unexpectantly and is gone forever?

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    In another thread, Baylen put forth an interesting theory: what if it's Rogue Squadron itself that gets wiped out? To the point where there is no more Rogue Squadron? That would leave Jaina free to go off into the Unknown Regions, and give her a devestating loss all at once.

5. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    That would make the most sense for her heading out of the NR.

6. Jedi----Cost

Jedi----Cost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    i like the idea of J/S seeing going get it dark journey

7. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Think about this :

This is Jaina "deep personnal lost" and the novel is Jaina centered. OK

BUT, if Anakin or Mara or Jacen dies, the sorrow will be greater for Luke or Han and Leia than for Jaina.

The question we should have is in fact: what could touched Jaina deeper than any other member of the Solo/Skywalker clan?

8. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    I think that if it is a person who dies as a "deep personal loss" to Jaina, it wouldn't be one of the skywalker/solo clan just because they have been hurt so much already.

Winter is the one who raised Jaina, Jacen and Anakin, maybe she'll be the one to go...

9. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Maybe it is Luke who is the personal lose.
    I mean think about it, it seems as though Luke is the only MAJOR of the big 7 who has not suffered physical damage.

Maybe Luke is presumed dead and returns or manages to escape in Dark Journey when or if Jania turns to the dark side and he redeems her.

I know that it is unlikely but just think about it, I sure have...

10. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Peral Harbor style

(man that film takes the biscuit!)

11. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    For all of us, we agree to say that the dark journey is the Jaina's return to the light side. And it's the famous lost who conducts her to the dark side.

But, the alliance with Kyp (with his history) is for her the first step to the dark side, somehow, isn't it?

If she believes in Kyp's way of teaching, and if Kyp dies, it seems to me that this hypothesis' correct, and fit very well with the NJO series. The others possibilities seems mor less founded.

What do you think about this theory?

12. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    What about Winter? She just kinda dissapeared, but didn't she have a big part in raising the Solo kids? That would be a deep personal loss.

13. Stix

Stix Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    Well it wouldnt make sense for them to kill off one of the solo kids. Because the whole point to this serious is for them to develop new interest to a wider range of people. And by killing off one of the solo kids you would perhaps take away a potential character that a large group of people like and when your trying to bring new energy into a series thats a big risk. Most people have a favorite solo kid since the books are mostly centered around them. I think it would be to big of a gamble to kill one of them off. And another thing. It would make sense if someone is going to die that it would happen in the book that coming out in october. Becuase SBS is about her extracting revenge. Meaning whoever dies is going to already die becuase she wants revenge on what happened. And the next book coming out has three solo kids doing some risky mission. So it would make sense if someoen dies while they are doing the mission. Like maybe han or luke sense there characters are kind of played out. I think luke more likely then han. Because how many times can one person save the galaxy. And if luke dies he could serve as a mentor towards three kids like obi-wan and yoda did in the movies.

14. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    If any of the following characters die, I will just plain snap.

Corran Horn
    Wedge Antilles
    Gavin Darklighter
    Mara Jade
    Lando Calrissian
    Hobbie Klivian
    Booster Terrik
    Talon Karrde
    Mirax Horn
    Iella Antilles

15. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I just wish nobody died in DJ

16. Morgan-Sunrider

Morgan-Sunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    I think If we are consideing all major spoilers are true ( thats a big IF ,) then the death of a charactor in SbS will indeed be the motivation for Jaina's " Dark Journey " , and we allllll knwo who bites the dust according to " accepted " spoilers........

Jimmy

Nooo..................

" ALas poor jimmy for i knew him well "

( Of topic anyoen seen " the whole nine yards .. rememeber the way the gangster pronounced it .. Yimmy )

Personally if LFL do kill off Jimmy , i think it is a step in the wrong direction and will lead not only to Jaina turning but also quite possibly . Han ( not forcewise , but he would go nuts ) ... Leia ( Force attuned )..... Mara ..... Luke ... i think if the link between the personal loss is Jimmy's death then it will not only be jaina walking a dark path ..... but hey , its just my speculations [face_clown]

Personally ... my own gut feeling .. Jimmy wont die ... maybe Herbert will [face_devil]

cheers

[face_devil] :D 'Rider :D [face_devil]

17. DarthLefty

DarthLefty Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    What about Gavin Darklighter? Or Zekk, or Tenal Ka, or Lowbacca (sweet, sweet irony)? I do not forsee a Skywalker or Solo going. I really like the idea of Darklighter going though. Don't getta me wrongo, i like the guy, but he meet his maker in this war. Or perhaps it's not a person at all. Perhaps the Vong take away her home, or something.

P.S. Sorry if i misspelled the wookie's name, but you get the idea.

18. Capt_JainaSolo

Capt_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    Mara doesn't die..she's mentioned in the Summary of Rebel Dream.

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, these are the people I want to get killed off and reasons.

Mara--sure she's a new mommy, but Luke didn't see her in his visions of the future. I liked her character in Zahn, but she's lost everything that made her a plausible soulmate for Luke. She's weak, annoying, and quite frankly, I had hoped the Vong disease WOULD kill her off.

::Ducks rotting fruit.::

Jacen--his philosophical tendencies finally finish him off. and there was much rejoicing.

Luke--I think this makes sense given the back cover. I don't think Leia would turn to Jediism after Han's death. But the loss of Luke and thereby his legacy would drive her to action in the ways he taught her.

20. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    it's either gonna be KYP or GAVIN. I think Kyp, and i think his relationship with Jaina will b explored a lot in SbS, only to be knocked down at the end. Most of the Jedi will see (what I hope will be), Kyp's final act of defiance as a new starting point for the Jedi battle against the Yuzzahn Vong. However, Jaina will be one of the few people that actually got close to Kyp and so will have a sense of personal loss.

Finally I'd just like to add that there is no way 'jimmy' is dying. It's just not gonna happen folks and if i'm proved wrong you can ban me from this board.

21. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow... Maybe you should already prepare your unban request form ? ;)

22. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    This is old news now.

p.s. I really hate this one post per minute thing.

23. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Watch Zekk go back to the Dark side (fits with the title :p)

24. Doogie76

Doogie76 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2001
    I bet the deep personal loss will be her virginity to Kyp...now that would drive anyone to the dark side...to further disappoint Kyp is a "one pump chump"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.