main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Omaha Fan Force Flick

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarkJeedai, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJeedai

DarkJeedai Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2001
    Hey I think that pot luck idea is great, though I dont think Tara or I will be there this time :(. We are going on a little trip to sunny Florida. But anyways, I was wondering if maybe you guys and gals might be interested in doing a Fan Flick. It doesn't have to be huge...but I think it would be a fun project to think about along with Alpha Con and such. Please let me know what you think and maybe some ideas you might have. See yas soon !!!

Rob

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Hey Rob, sunny Florida huh? Can we all come too? We promise to be nice! ;) Anyway, Ive heard others talk of doing a local fan film, and I think its a great idea! I just also happen to know some guys with plenty of software and a digital video camera. I believe there is great interest in this. Right gang?

Mark

3. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Oh ya! Now that we have one Stormtrooper, one on the way (go Mark), and maybe more. It could be awesome. Definitely interest here. Have fun on your trip.

Bob

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Count me in. I wonder where we could film it though.

5. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I have a degree in Broadcasting which means I can edit... hint hint. I know several people in Television and if I beg, they may let us use the edit bays. (I worked at a TV station for 4 years) I have to do some checking though. Later Dawmer

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well there seems to be plenty of interest, and we have some great connections. Now all we need is a story! Lets start brainstorming and see what we can put together!

7. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    We now have a seperate website for our fan film. www.beggarscanyon.com

Bob has converted his site to be our offical fan film website. We'll post all our fan film news and info there.

Thanks Bob!

Mark

8. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Wow, everything sounds and looks great so far

I'm always willing to pitch in and help with whatever =)

9. DarkJeedai

DarkJeedai Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2001
    Hey we are back :) And there is no rest for the weary. I get right back into the groove of work heheh. It looks like I will be doing an Airshow this weekend in Kansas at Forbes Field. I am glad to hear the positive responses. The web-site is great!!! Much kudos. As for what the fil will be about....I think we should throw out all kinds of ideas. Any idea at this point is a good one. Do we want it to be comical...or serious. A lot of action ...or drama...or a mix of it all. I think making a small project like this would bring us all together and be loads of fun. Each member can add their own special touch :) If we need to coordinate some fight scenes I take martial arts so I can help there. We have some Troopers so that is good, and maybe we can get some props for lightsabers and such. I am also working on getting a degree in computer animation, so as the project moves along I will be able to help more. In any case I am rambling because I am excited. This will be loads of fun...let the brainstorming begin!

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Rob,

Email me for some updates!

Mark

11. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Hey everyone, new to the site here and saw that your trying to get a fan film going and I think that it's a great idea. I would like to volunteer my help. I am a Chinese kung fu martial artist so I can help with any of the physical things that may be needed. Catch yunz all later.

Dan

12. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Hi yatchie. Do you live in Omaha, or nearby? If you do, I'm sure we'd love to have you as a member. We could use all the help we can get.

13. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    Yes I do livein Omaha. And I'm pretty easy to get a hold of in case anyone needs to contact me.

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    [Neo]I know kung-fu[/Neo]
    well, I'm only a lowly orange advanced...

Hi yatchie! maybe we can do stuff together. Raising hell is my specialty ;)

15. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    that would be cool, I'm always up for training with other people. let me know when you want to

16. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I think a good action movie with a decent story would be the best. We have people with martial arts experience, people with costumes, and people with prop skills. (me included):)

The Jedi thing has been greatly used, but that is because they are some of the coolest characters in the SW saga. They have the greatest special effects and have the coolest moves.

We've seen the 2 brothers thing and the 2 sith aprentice thing so we need to come up with something else if that's the path we're going to go down.

Otherwise we have stormtroopers, etc. which really don't have much dialogue in the movies.

All in all I think a Jedi story would be a good one to do. Location is a big thing. What do we have around Omaha that isn't a corn field or the city?

17. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that you need to include these new members in the circle to what direction we are going with the Fan Film, Mister CR PC.

Let's just say that we will be able to use the martial arts talent...but this isn't the type of FanFilm that you may be thinking of... ;-)

-- Rusty

PS -- Is our secret courier service still working? I haven't gotten an update in almost a week.

18. yatchie

Jun 7, 2001
    Maybe a story envolving bounty hunters might provide some interesting material to create a story.

But that's just my 2 cents worth

Dan

19. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    but this isn't the type of FanFilm that you may be thinking of... ;-)

what, I can't show off my non-skill and humiliate myself in front of you guys even for a film? ;) Footage on Being a Failed Jedi who Cant Even Do a Front Flip ...

er, I'll shut up now ;)

20. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Yes I will do that, all will be invited and initiated into our secret circle.....

21. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Yes Master

22. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Just a note to let you all know, our new and revised fan film site is now officailly up and running. All requests for information regarding our project should be referred to this site. Work will continue in the circle. If you wish to become involved, just drop a post here, or shoot me an email. The site is
    www.beggarscanyon.com

23. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    OK all, we will be having a meeting for those interested in the fan film. Looks to be this Wednesday in the evening. I will post the details when they become clear. If you are interested, feel free to stop by. Check here for more details....

Mark

24. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok, we'll be getting together to discuss the film at Chilis at the Crossroads. We'll be meeting between 6:45 and 7. The goal is to nail down the framework of the film. All are invited to attend if your interested.

25. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    The next meeting for the fan film will be July 10th after the regular FanForce meeting. We invite all to attend and join the effort if your interested. Check the next meeting thread for location info...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.