main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OMG! Lucas to redo effects on Episodes 1-3!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthLowBudget, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    My sources at Lucasfilm have informed me that George Lucas is modifying the effects, and rediting the pictures, of our beloved Star Wars, to be released next summer as a "special edition". I have also been informed that this is a testbed for the special effects of Episode 4 and the rest of the trilogy to follow!

How could Lucas rape my childhood by turning my beloved Phantom Menace, CLones, and Sith into a trivil aspecial effects experiment for a new trilogy! I am outraged!

2. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    This is the Episode IV spoiler board.

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I know, I just thought this was pertinent, as the Sequel trilogy may be delayed to accomedate the theatrical rerelease of the Original Trilogy, sorry I forgot to mention that in the previous post.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    What I like most about the OT is the way the effects are only there to serve the story. It feels... right. If Lucas decides to prostitute the new film for the sake of pursuing his interest in technology, I'll be even more outraged than I am already... and I'm about to burst in a big ball of outrage right now.

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm not sure why Lucas should do such a thing. If he wants to go retro with EpV, ok. Not my fave plan, but if he thinks it'll make the movies good, let him.
    But to redo the other Episodes just to match the looks, that's overkill IMO.
    Imean, we KNOW the movies belong together. There is no neat to whack us over the head with this fact like that.[face_not_talking]

6. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    There I was thinking the story was there to serve the effects.

7. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    What are they gonna do?

Put even MORE CGI Jedi in the arena battle of Episode II?

The effects were awesome in the OT, and they served the story.

It looks like Lucas is selling out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.