main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Once Upon a Time (ABC show)

Discussion in 'Community' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Once Upon a Time is a show on ABC (in the States) in which the evil queen in Snow White curses all of fairytale land into our world. Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter, who doesn't believe in the curse, is destined to save them all.

The show goes back and forth between our world and fairytale land every episode, showing the present story and the fairytale past of the characters in each episode. So far, it's been really good (and the visuals are, in my opinion, amazing).

Is anyone else watching the show? What do you think?

2. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    I am watching the show and so far it has captured my interest. I do like the LOST style flashbacks, but I'm still wondering where the series is actually going to go. Now granted, in season one of LOST we were all saying "They are stuck on an island, how far can they go with this," but they have already answered some of the questions posed in the pilot episode.

I'm all in at this point and I think it's a neat concept. I'm just wondering where we go from here.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ive been in since the pilot epi as well. Its a very cool show with only a few weak epi so far.

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The only thing I'm worried about is them creating so many characters and plotlines that it's impossible to wrap them all up. So far, I like the way they've dealt with a lot of the minor characters (Cinderella, Hansel and Gretel) by kind of finishing their tales (at least in our world).

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I just watched the last couple episodes. I like that the characters are actually going somewhere rather than just having mystery and stagnation -- though I don't like that David and MM are apart.

I'm interested to see more of Catherine's story, especially since Frederick seems about to find her.

But I think the more interesting bit is Mr. Gold and Belle. I would never have guessed he was the Beast, but I think it's excellent. It's nice to know more about him (and this episode was SO much better than the one with his son ... who seems to have left him), and it's also nice to know he might get a happy ending. And that something motivates him besides greed.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I have been watching the show and so far i love it. I missed the last couple of episodes so i need to catch up on what happened.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The last couple haev been REALLY good. IMO there were a few in the middle that were just okay, the it's picked back up again.