main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Man Star Wars Trilogy Jan 13-15

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Nostradamus, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    [image=http://www.noblefool.org/images4/starwars.gif]
    One Man Star Wars Trilogy

Charles Ross will be bringing his One Man Star Wars Trilogy to Atlanta for a limited engagement at the Art Station 1/13-1/15.

Atlanta, Georgia
    ART Station
    One Man Star Wars
    Jan 13 - 15, 2005
    Thur & Fri 8:00pm
    Sat 3:00pm & 7:00pm

[image=http://www.artstation.org/Theatre/Star%20Wars/ARTSTA_poster_Starwars_r2.jpg]

I would definitely recommend this comedy as a "must see" to all Star Wars fans!

Charlie Ross, spent much of his childhood in a galaxy far, far away? adulthood has been similar. He has portrayed a giant caterpillar, taught children about conservation and performed with such respected groups as the Eclectic Circus, Theatre SKAM and the Western Canada Theatre Company. The CBC has said Charlie Ross? ?mastery of each character is top notch?. Now Magazine proclaimed ?the show is a must see for any Star Wars fan.? George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars trilogy, loved the show so much he hired Charlie Ross to promote the new Star Wars movie coming out next spring.

Charles will also be performing the One Man Star Wars Trilogy at Celebration III in Indianapolis this spring.

Charlie Ross the creator and performer of "The One Man Star Wars Trilogy" is slated to bring his show to Star Wars Celebration III this coming April 21 - 24, 2005. The Canadian actor, who has performed around the globe, is scheduled to present five shows at the Indiana Convention Center over the course of the event.

Star Wars enthusiasts who attend Celebration III are in for an exceptional treat. Ross, a long-time Star Wars fan himself, has been performing to rave reviews. Using no props, and no instruments except his versatile and talented voice, Ross performs everything from dialogue and music to sound effects and battle scenes. The result is a high-energy gambol through the original trilogy that fans will not soon forget.

--Quoted from the Celebration III site

This is a very funny show and definitely worth seeing.

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    We're about to start organizing a group outing to the show since our regular monthly meeting is on the 15th.

Can't wait to see it!

3. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    You will LOVE it! :D

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    This sounds too cool. I look forward to seeing it.

5. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    The Hothlanta Rebels are going to be attending the 2pm show as a group.

I just bought my ticket and there are still 359 seats left for the show. Looks like we really need to drum up some business for this show!

Pass the word!

6. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Excellent.

This truely is a hilarious show!

I will pass along any further info as I receive it.

7. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    The latest issue of Star Wars Insider #80 features Charlie on page 18.
    Excellent write up! :)

8. AllieFox

AllieFox Jedi Master

Feb 12, 2001
    Is anyone going to the performance on Friday night?

9. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I had planned to go tomorrow night. But sadly, I will not be able to see this at all while it is in Atlanta. :_|

I hope to catch it at CIII.

10. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    How was the show?

11. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    The show as GREAT! Totally worth the funds. Well worth making the effort to get in to his shows at C3.

He does everything. Imitates people pretty spot on. (Yoda, not so much...but he can be hard.) He sings the music. Does the special effects.

He picked the best moments to include that really move the story along. But he also includes the parts that the hard-core fans appreciate.

I thought we were going to lose two of our folks when he did the famous, "It's a trap!" line. They were in hysterics.

He runs full-tilt through this whole thing. I would strongly suggest avoiding the front row. His shirt is soaked through by the end of ANH. By the end of ESB, he's pretty much going into heat exhaustion. By the end of ROTJ? He can barely stand. It's amazing to watch.

I would get this on DVD if he ever sold it. Totally fabulous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.