main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga One Simple Sentence

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by smuggler_vola, Dec 31, 2012.

1. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    One Simple Sentence

Author: smuggler_vola (known as Epic Duck on fanfiction.net)
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: I'm a person and my name is Anakin.

I'm a person and my name is Anakin.

Just because I'm a slave, doesn't mean that I don't have thoughts or feelings, that I'm just someone's property.

Growing up on this dustball of a planet, I've seen things that are impossible to forget. Even I push the memories into the darkest corners of my mind, they're still there. I've seen people that just can't take it, they can't handle it, and they run. They run away and get themselves blown to pieces because, for them, death was better than spending another day in servitude. My mom always taught me that there aren't many things in life worth dying for, and freedom certainly isn't one of them.

One day I'll have freedom, the freedom to build a ship and roam the stars and travel to distant planets as I please. I'll take Kitster, and Mom, and even Threepio when he's done, and we'll have a better life. Maybe we'll even meet a real Jedi, I've heard that they carry around laser swords and take down bad guys. So wizard!

We could visit the moons of Iego and see the angels, the deep space pilots say that they're the most beautiful creatures in the galaxy.

Once I've traveled for a while, I'll come back and free all the slaves, every one of them.

The other kids say I'm crazy, that everyone says that and no one ever gets away from here. But Kitster says I'm just the kind of crazy that might actually succeed. He's right, I will get away from Tatooine one day.

I know I will.

Kahara and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This was a really good insight into young Ani's mind. My favorite part is this: But Kitster says I'm just the kind of crazy that might actually succeed.

Kitster was a good friend to Anakin.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice little piece of insight

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very well done!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very nicely in character.

6. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Lovely! Great job getting inside young Ani's head and giving hints of the passionate, intense man he will become. :)

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Nice insight to young Anakin's thoughts. I liked the line about Shmi having told him that there weren't many things in life worth dying for. Well done.

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Very nice insight into little Anakin's thoughts. I quite like his plan! Great viggie!