main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Opening Day Developments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Ryan-

We'd love to have you, but I need a little firmer commitment so actually fill all the slots. When will you know about your availability?

2. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I have just checked up on Shantelle's claim of tickets for the Wynnsong theatre, and her claim is false. Please avoid this person- if she is willing to misrepresent herself in this fashion, I doubt she would be fair with your money.

3. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Ok, I need to clear this up.

Navaren, you are currently trying to make arrangements for us to all get into a show on opening day sometime, correct? And also for us to make an appearance in costume at Provo Town Center, Saturday afternoon?

4. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Renegade-

I am not trying to get us tickets, free or otherwise, for opening day. If that happens, it will be a pleasant development, but the main thrust of my efforts has been directed toward the passes we have been offered by Provo Towne Center. These passes are for either Friday or Saturday, but not opening day itself.

Free tickets for our group have not come up during my discussions with the 107.5 marketing director, but those discussions are just beginning. As a safeguard, you may wish to purchase tickets in advance to ensure that you can see AOTC on opening day.

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    we can buy tickets online on teh 2nd, right?

So the thing with 107.5, what kind of thing are you thinking we might do? Show up in costume for their party? I know negotiations have just started, but what are you negotiating for?

6. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Adam, I am going to find out what their plans are before I go asking for anything. It usually helps to know the other side's position before making requests.

Patience, grasshopper. ;)

7. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I am pretty sure that tickets go on sale the 2nd. I will keep checking and let you know when I find out for sure.

8. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    What kind of presentations/activities would you guys be interested in doing for opening day? I'd like to get your feedback before making contact with 107.5 again.

9. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I need your opinion about what costume I am going to use for the provo towne center. I am either going to be Dooku or a Jedi, which do you think I should be?

10. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    For one of the activities we should do some kind of lightsaber fight

11. Sprry75

Sprry75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Navaren, I am a definite on either Friday or Saturday. I have a really good (if I do say so myself) Jedi costume. If all goes well, I might have one for my two-year old daughter as well by then (but even if my lil' Padawan :) accomopanies me, she won't need a a pass to the movie). However, I told my little brother about this, and he has both Lando (our favorite character) and Yoda costumes, and he would like to come (1) if there are still passes available, and (2) if it is on Saturday (he works on Fridays).

Thanks.

(breaks into Pointer Sisters, "I'm So Excited"...)

12. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    _Jediknight_, I don't know if lightsaber duels would be the best of ideas for Saturday, but if that sounds like a good idea for opening day, I can't see why not. We will have the room in which to do these that we just won't have on Saturday.

On the costuming issue, just bring both costumes to the picnic on Monday and we'll look at them then.

Sprry, we've settled on Saturday for the Provo Towne appearance. I don't think bringing small children is a good idea, as we're going to be in a crush with a lot of people and keeping tabs on them might be a challenge. I also have small children (6, 4, and 1) and have opted not to bring them along.

At last count, we had 15 people attending. There are five passes left.

13. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Count me in for the Towne Center weekend costume thing. I'll have a wicked costume by then [face_devil]

14. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, I have almost enough stuff to make bounty hunter costume, I think. It would be cool to try and chase down a jedi or something...

I need to put some stuff together to make a mask or helmet though. Something like a painted paintball mask maybe... And I need some gauntlets.

I dunno. I'd love to choreograph a little light saber duel and perform for everyone, too. I'm up for just about anything. Maybe we could have some prizes and print out some star wars trivia questions on them and those of us dressed up can go around and ask the people in line the questions and who ever answers first gets a candy bar or something. Maybe the prizes could be provided by 107.5?

15. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    That's a very cool I idea Renegade!

16. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    All right, here's a question.

Would you still be willing to participate/host in the trivia contest if 107.5 does not agree to provide prizes?

17. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    Well sure. I'll probably have some money by then so I'll buy a bag of those fun size candy bars...

18. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Thank you, Renegade. Let's hear other ideas, guys!

19. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I think if everyone pitches in a few bucks we can buy some bags of mini chocolate bars. And to those who can't contribute much, just even $1 or something.

It's not like we're the ones eating it, so it won't be too unfair

20. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Sorry, double post. It told me that there was an error and it didn't post.

21. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Waaag!
    TRIPLE post??

What's wrong with this thing? When I read my double post there were only 2!

22. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I would be glad to help with the trivia contest inany way.

23. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    The trivia contest and lightsaber exhibition are excellent ideas. Let's hear some of the other ideas you all might have up your sleeves.

24. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    How about Jedi Training?

We can pick kids or people out of the line/crowd, and teach them the ways of the force. At the moment, I can only think of teaching them light saber moves, but I'm sure there are cool little tricks we could teach as well, stuff that isn't really the force but is fun or funny. We can spout off all the Yoda-isms he says and have people try to stand on their hands and balance and stuff.

25. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    That sounds like a fun idea. Disney World did something like that on Star Wars weekend when I was there 2 years ago.

Does anyone know what time all this will be happening? And should James and I bring our box of sabers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.