main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Opening Round, Game 3: EUClone of Emperor Jello and the Knights of the EUC vs. DEAD POSTERS SOCIETY

Discussion in 'Archive: Forum Feud' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Carmen, I get what you're saying. What I'm trying to do is come as close as I can to replicate the television show. At least, when it was good, when I was young.

And then, when you got to the triple questions, they wanted it to be more likely to have the board run, so the show wouldn't keep dragging out. So, the questions slotted for triples are, in a lot of cases, ones that are more likely to be run than the ones that are up there for single points.

Does that make sense?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm not annoyed either, but the Star one threw me. See, NO ONE here in Australia knows what a star spangled banner is, well a few do, but when I told my husband what won he screwed up his nose and asked "Whats that?" It's a totally American thing, totally. I guess playing internationally is tough, but I doubt there will be questions about Aussie stuff or European stuff. ;) I agree, it is about luck and maybe a good knowledge of general stuff.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    when you say board run, you mean one team sweeping the available answers (i.e. the other team not even getting a chance)? if so, i don't think it's a good way of going about it - the triple points question is most likely going to be the deciding game and is thus much more important. this question shouldn't be easy at all, other wise you're going to have a lot of limp endings to games, much like what happened here. at the very least both teams should get a chance at winning it - unless a team deservedly sweeps.

eve and the two mary's was about as obvious as answers as you're going to get, though. i don't think such easy questions should be used for the important games (hopefully not used at all, really!).

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    :eek: You just called our ending limp!:eek:
    [face_shame_on_you]

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    In the UK version, that's exactly what happens in the big money rounds. Fewer and easier answers.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Same in the US version. And, again, this is what I was trying to replicate.

But, that doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions. If you guys would prefer I drop that approach and just go back to a more random take on the questions (which is pretty much what happens, though I try to avoid giving completely US-centric questions to the GSFF and other teams I know are entirely non-US based), I can do that. I was simply trying to come as close to possible to the television show.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Please don't misunderstand, I have nothing against the way you are running this DarthIntegral, I admire you for taking such a big job on, I imagine it's a strain at times. The less 'Americanised' questions would be nice, but I do understand the stress you are under for this. We lost on my answer, I'll take it on the chin ;) Next time I might 'Google' the question and see what teh US 'Google' has to say! LOL! It's just a game, it will all be fine if we all remember that! ;)

8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    seems silly to me. maybe in real life it's fair enough if there are time constraints but i don't think we have the same kind of pressure here. i would prefer an even contest in the important rounds, not an easy ticket for one team. up to you, though, Inty! just giving my opinion. :p

9. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    The thing is both teams have an equal chance at getting the top answer to the question when they PMed their responses. However, it would suck to lose a coin toss and have the other team run the board due to easy answers when the points are tripled, but that wasn't the case here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.