main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Opium: Revolution

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    OOC: Where is PRENN? I feel bad littering this thread with Out of Characters, but weren't we supposed to get an update? :(

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    GM-You were supposed to get an update. Then I broke my middle finger, and consequently can't type an update...it would take me like 4 hours...But I'm chipping away at it. Sorry folks. Really, really sorry. My PM box is always open, and the update will come sometime.

3. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: Hey sorry for being gone, but My computer broke, but it is fixed now so I'll should be about 4 times a week. Hey anybody lets get this thread back on track.

4. Renson

Renson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC

Anyone know who the other character in prison is? PM me.

5. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    Aiden Leighton Hall
    Imperial Republika Prisoner?s Cell

His shoulder the hard concrete floor hard, make a resounding crack echo throughout the cell. He moaned and turned over on his back, taking the pressure off his broken shoulder.

Aiden?s left eye was swollen shut and blood was dripping down his cheek. His nose was clearly broken and a steady stream of red ran down his upper lip into his mouth, making him either swallow or spit out his own blood. Burn marks were clearly seen on his wrists and ankles from electronic clasps and his naked feet were like prunes from multiple submersions in iced water. His right cheek was swollen and purple just right to the corner of his mouth.

He sat up very slowly to spit out a mouthful of blood. He moaned again and tried standing up, his legs were like jelly, this making it almost impossible to stand on his own two feet. He quickly stumbled to one of two cots in the cramped cell.

It was only then that he noticed another man in the cell. He had dark hair and looked as if he hadn?t shaved in a while, indicating that he had probably been in for a while, or at least that?s what Aiden thought.

Aiden grunted, coughed and spit out blood. Grabbing his shoulder, he peered over at the other man. ?What you in for, mate?? His speech was a barely audible grumble.

Tag: anyone (Reyner?)

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Axel Rhodes
    Prison Cell

Strings of smoke danced gracefully in the air of the tiny prison cell, moving and swerving left and right as if choreographed, emitting from the end of Axel Rhodes' newly lit Cuban cigar, one of the luxuries of befriending the warden of the prison. Axel was dressed in his usual apparel - a white tanktop that defined his bulging torso muscles, and the pants from the complimentary orange jumpsuit that was free to every prisoner.

It was then that a young man was thrown into the cell, his shoulder slamming down on the concrete floor making a resounding crack echo throughout the area. He moaned and turned over on his back, his left eye swollen shut with blood dripping down his cheek. His nose was clearly broken and a steady stream of red ran down his upper lip into his mouth, making him either swallor or spit out his own blood. Burn marks were clearly seen on his wrists and ankles and his naked feet were like prunes. His right cheek was swollen purple just right to the corner of his mouth. This kid had taken a beating.

He sat up very slowly and spit out a mouthful of blood. He moaned once more and tried to stand up, his legs nearly unable to support him, causing him to quickly stumbe to one of the two cots in the cramped cell.

It was then that the young man took notice of Axel, who stood there puffing his cigar and watching the entire thing. The kid coughed and spit out blood. He grabbed his shoulder and peered over at Axel.

"What you in for, mate?" His speech was a barely audible grumble, and Axel was surprised that he'd given the strength to utter the words.

Axel waited for a moment, and removed the smoking cigar from between his lips. "Serving my country," Axel said as smoke emitted from his mouth. "You new here?" The war veteran reamined nonchalant throughout the ordeal, sticking the cigar back into his mouth and awaiting a response.

Tag: Renson

7. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    Aiden Leighton Hall
    Republika Prison Cell

Aiden leaned back against the cold stone wall. It was cold against his back. "Serving my country." As he said this smoke drifted up from his lips. "You new here?" Aiden?s cell mate seemed to stay unconcerned through his full two lines of dialogue.

?Yeah, this place throws a helluva welcoming party.? He wiped a drop of blood off of his chin. ?You seem to be doing alright though?.?

Aiden laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He closed his eyes an pictured another time.

He remembered there being this one girl that he saw while still in the Republika?s forces. She had big curls, huge green eyes and looks to die for. She would entertain Aiden when she was in the building but other then that him and her didn?t go anywhere.

He remembered a friend that he had, he was a nice guy and almost the only person that Aiden trusted. While he drifted off he took in the sweet aroma of the Cuban cigar. ?So tell me a little about your self??

Tag: Reynor

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Prison Cell

"Yeah, this place throws a helluva welcoming party." The young man wiped a drop of blood off of his chin. "You seem to be doing alright though."

Axel shrugged as he continued to casually puff on his slowly diminishing cigar. He watched as the kid laid down one of the two beds in the room, two more courtesies of having friends in high places, and closed his eyes.

"So tell me a little about your self?"

Axel gave off a gruff chuckle. "Believe me, kid, you don't wanna hear it." He reached into the right pocket of his orange pants and pulled out another one of his fine Cuban cigars. "Here." Reaching into his left pocket, he then pulled out a shiny double guillotine-style cutter, and tossed both to the newcomer. "You look like you could use it."

Tag: Renson

9. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    Aiden Leighton Hall
    Prison Cell

A Cuban cigar and a double guillotine-style cutter. Aiden picked them both up and cut the tip of the cigar off. He leaned over and spit a mouthful of blood on to the concrete floor.

?Got a light?? He asked the other guy. ?By the way, I?m Aiden, pleased to meet you.? He handed the cutter to him with one hand and offered his other.

Tag: Reynar

[b]OOC[/b]

Sorry for the short post, there?s just not a lot going on right now.

10. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    IC: Jehkyl Eiras

Jehk first looked at the girl, then to Dev. A wave of dread washed through him. 'not yet, not yet!' he thought urgently 'If see find's out too soon, we won't have time to weigh the options! This is bad!'

He looked to Doc for support, he had never really been good with people. He liked bombs much more. At least they were predictable, had certain stimuli that made them blow. People were far more dangerous. He just stood there letting an awkward silence settle over the four.

Tag: Meerkat, Brutus, SWB

11. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Devon

Done worry about this Jehkyl, I can do this, keep with near base and I will watch her

TAG: Jehkyl,Doc,SWB

12. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Doc

Doc took one large step over to Devon, and he quickly brought a hand over the man's mouth.

"Come on, Bob," he said in a slow voice, emphasizing the Bob bit. He hoped the stranger didn't notice that. "You really need to go to sleep after you take your pills, just like the doctor said, remember?" Doc continued his charade of being Devon's caretaker, trying to convince the woman that nothing was out of the ordinary...although her seeing what had already happened probably put her in more danger than anyone should ever be forced to endure. He looked over at her, still trying to salvage some chance at her surviving the police when they came around looking for people who had been in the house.

"He fell and hit his head. The doctor said he had a mild concussion, and he needs a lot of rest, otherwise he gets a bit loopy," he said to the still unidentified woman. He prayed that she wasn't medically proficient enough to recognize Devon as not having a concussion. He forgot about that, and attempted to drag the man away from the newcomer.

TAG: Brutus, Arc, SWB, Resistance

13. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Mariana

Mariana kept watching the three men look to her then back at the others. Something was wrong here. Jehkyl looked like he had just seen a ghost and the others were trying to speak in whispers so she wouldn't hear.

Done worry about this Jehkyl, I can do this, keep with near base and I will watch her.

Base? That probably had to do with the recruiting they were doing.

"Come on, Bob," "You really need to go to sleep after you take your pills, just like the doctor said, remember?"

Mariana raised one eyebrow in a look of disbelief. Did he really find her that dense?

"He fell and hit his head. The doctor said he had a mild concussion, and he needs a lot of rest, otherwise he gets a bit loopy,"

Mariana had to use a giant amount of self control to stifle the laughter. Yeah, he must think she is dense.

"Can someone PLEASE tell me what you are trying to recruit me to? I have places to be and things to do! PLEASE just tell me what is going on!"

Tag: Arclite, Meerkat, Brutus

14. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Doc

"Can someone PLEASE tell me what you are trying to recruit me to? I have places to be and things to do! PLEASE just tell me what is going on!"

Doc sighed and dropped his arm from around Devon's neck and mouth. There wasn't really any point trying to keep pretending. They could let her go ignorant, and she would get killed by the PI. They could keep her prisoner, but that would hinder them more than help them. He adjusted his beret, and subconsciously reached for his FS 2000. He had to work to stop the impulse, and he was somehow between the unidentified stranger and the door. Not that she could escape that way, but old habits died hard. He fingered the 2000 to let her know he meant business. He worked to stop himself from instantly starting to talk. She probably wouldn't believe what he said now...especially since Jehkyl was the one who had included her...she seemed to open up easily to him.

He gave himself a small mental shake. They had to deal with it. He looked over at Jehkyl, raised one finger to eye level, waved it slightly to get Jehkyl's attention, then lowered the finger to point at him, then pointed at himself with two fingers. In the course of their duties on patrol, they had needed a way to communicate silently, as well as come up with a story on the spot. Roughly translated into English, it mean You good cop. Me bad cop. Ages old, but still very effective. Thank god for discreet hand signals.

TAG: Arc, Brutus, SWB

15. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    GM- This is what I have written up thus far...broken finger and all. From here on out, I should be able to post updates fairly regularly. Thank you all for your patience. You guys are doing a WONDERFUL job...

An unknown liquid was rhythmically dripping from the ceiling, and the doors were locked. A certain feeling of restlessness had managed to fill the safe house as a small number of the rebellion?s foot soldiers went about planning and equipping themselves for the coming battles. A select few could be found gathered together in the controlled chaos, and all of those select few were invited into a back room. The invitation was such that it could not be ignored, and all at once (it seemed), the chosen few made their way through the security and into the company of the most dangerous man in the world.

Quietly, the bearded man began to speak.

?Thank you for arriving on such short notice, and thank you for your loyalty.? Though Barnabus Iscariot was one of the most powerful men in the world, he looked beaten. It was a frightening sight for those sitting at the table around him. The fearless leader had never before allowed himself to be seen in such a state.

?For the past three or four months, I have had?suspicions. This latest police raid has simply verified them. Our order is splitting. There are those?who seem to not want me in power any more. I called you all here, because quite frankly, I have run out of options. I fear there will soon be a play for my life that I cannot avoid, and that from there the revolution will crumble. We cannot allow this to happen. I fear that unless the proper precautions are in place when I die, our cause will die with me. I don?t want that to happen. So?I called you all here. Through your actions, you all have proven to be loyal to our cause?not our organization. With that being the case, I want you all to know, I have a very dangerous mission for you. Before I go into details?I will need to have your assured loyally and acceptance. There is a very good chance that this could end up taking your lives?and it will be very, very hard to complete. You will not only need to watch out for your enemies?but also your friends. But if you complete it, the revolution will reach it?s highest point, and most likely, success. Do you accept?

TAG: Arc, Brutus, SWB, Meerkat

For the first time since birth, Jeffery Standpole was speechless. After what seemed to be an eternity of silence, the 'seasoned' officer paced backward rather slowly, and placed his gun on the ground. Soon after, smooth but nervous words escaped his quivering lips.

"Th...think before you do anything, ladies...I'm going to have to report this. I'm sure this is all a severe misunderstanding...Co...come back to the st...station with me and we..we...we can w...work this out..."

His voice had lost all authority. It was said that once one stared down the barrel of a gun for the first time, all one could see was the barrel itself. For the first time since birth, Jeffery Standpole wondered briefly if his life was going to end with a shooting by the side of the road.

TAG: Santary, Dances

Carmine was rather excited at the moment. Nothing seemed to get the mans blood pumping like the prospects of a good terrorist hunting. He laid back in the state of the art P.I. car, and waited for the uneventful trip to the terrorist cell meeting. As he stuck his feet up on the seat across from him though, Carmine was startled rather badly by the voice that started echoing throughout the back of the Rolls Royce.

It was Yergi Sturioff of course, the Defense Secretary for the United States. The man's voice was nothing new to Carmine, who had heard it many times before. Those previous 'visits' in fact gave Carmine a clue as to what this 'meeting' would bring. Carmine quickly turned on the glowbox in the back of the seat to reveal a large, white, obscenely wrinkled face. Every time

16. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Kareena

Delicately raising her eyebrow, Kareena said, noting the dropped gun, "It seems to me you're not in a place to be making the demands, Officer. We have the upper hand now, as I'm sure you've noticed. We will not be following you anywhere, much less the station, let me assure you, sir." Her voice rose to a commanding, steely voice she occasionally used when recruiting people. "We don't want to harm you, goodness knows you must have family who'd miss you," she said, adding under her breath, "though I'm not entirely sure why." Raising her voice again, Kareena asked, "But how are we to be sure you won't report this?"

TAG: Dahlia, PRENN

17. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Devon

TO Doc: I yank out a taser and shoot the girl, theoreticaly she is now unconscious. There your problem is solved

TO Barnabus Iscariot: I'm with you, I've got nothing else better to do.

TAG: SWB,Doc,Jehkyl,Prenn

18. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    GM- Oi! Not to intrude...but unless you have SWB's permission, I don't think it's a very good idea to knock her out...at least it's not very nice. So either get her permission (and PM me, or post it), or probably re-write that post, if you can. Thanks! Also, to that whole crew, you can feel free to do a post leading up to the meeting. I just wanted to post it to eventually get things moving. Morakai, your update will be up late tonight. Thanks for your patience.

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Carmine

Carmine despised this old bureaucrat talking to him via the glowbox, but he wasn't about to voice this opinion. It wasn't the man he hated, it was his age. Life extensions - stupid. Do what you were meant to do in the time allowed, and get it done with.

"Understood, sir."

The car drove on, as Carmine flicked off the glowbox. There was no need to spend precious moments with idle talk while he waited for the car to bring him to the prison.

Rhodes and Hall, he thought. The ideal thing would be to kill the criminal scum, but Carmine's personal beliefs would not interfere with the party's needs.

The car came to a silent stop, and the driver stepped out, walked around the car, and opened Carmine's door. The inquisitor stepped out, buttoning up his long coat, and picking up the folder the driver handed to him. Carmine nodded, and the man saluted briskly.

He walked up the steps to the prison, where a guard saluted quickly, before opening the door and following him inside. The guard took him through the prison, to the yard. Rhodes and Hall were standing, shackled, in the yard, guards hidden behind walls and chain fences.

"Gentlemen. How are you doing today?"

Tag: Reynar, Renson

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    GM- One thing, Peng...then I'll get out of your bizzzznas....The prisoners aren't shackled. You didn't think I'd allow it to be that easy, did you? ;)

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I knew I'd do something wrong...oh well. Let's conveniently ignore that part.

22. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: I figured that might happen, but that why I said theoretically she is unconscious.......If I was g-moding I am truly sorry.

23. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    IC: Eva

Eva?s fingers were so sweaty that it was almost hard to hold the gun in both her hands. She heard her heart pounding in her ear and her breath staggering in and out of her nose. All of her muscles were tense with anxiety and nervousness. She just hoped the officer, or Kareena noticed. Allowing Kareena to do the talking, Eva just concentrated on keeping the gun aimed at the man?s shoulder. She had never shot a person before. Aim a gun at someone to frighten him off, yes, but she never pulled the trigger.

How this officer would react to this, she did not know. And that is what made her so nervous. Perhaps this time, she would have to pull the trigger.

Tag: Dances, PRENN

24. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Prison Yard

"Gentlemen. How are you doing today?"

Axel glared at the speaker, casually holding his cigar between his teeth. "We're inmates," he said with his usual gruff tone. "How do you think we're doing today?"

He looked around at the rest of the prisoners in the courtyard, particularly the ones that were on his side. There was Giovanni Miccini, an scrawny Italian smuggler who was busted for possession of an illegal substance (a lot of it), Maria Torres, a gorgeous Hispanic woman in her mid-twenties who was convicted for six counts of grand theft auto, Hideki Takanoshi, a gruff Japanese man who murdered his wife's killer, and Jerome Figgins, a young black gangster who killed a kid that snitched on his gang. All six of them, Axel and Aiden included, could start a riot without any problem. The only thing to consider was when.

Axel looked back at the man who'd approached him and Aiden. "Now I'm sure you didn't come all this way to ask us if we brushed our teeth this morning. What is it that you want?"

Tag: Peng, Renson

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Carmine Escadre

Carmine smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. This one was surely Rhodes.

"I'd like to know what you know about Barnabus Iscariot."

Carmine tucked the folder into his jacket, before resuming his spiel.

"I'd like to know why two prisoners such as yourselves are still alive. The Publika doesn't tolerate radical ideologies such as yours, Mr. Hall. And we have no need for old war heroes anymore, Mr. Rhodes. Your time is gone and dead - you just need to catch up to it."

Carmine found himself glaring at Rhodes' necklace - a cross. He felt like beating the man senseless, like tearing him limb from limb, bringing him close to death, and then, at that pinnacle, taking his cross and crushing it as the man died.

"There's a reason you're still here. Tell me."

Tag: Reynar, Renson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.