main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Order 66 Questions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CloneTrooperFox, Jan 29, 2013.

1. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Hey! I have a few questions for you all about Order 66. I looked for the longest time on past posts on this and i can not find anything. So I thought this maybe faster. Thank You

During Order 66 we seen the clones turn against The Jedi, and this was the fall of the republic. How could The Clones turn against the Jedi with a simple sentance? I know that the clones had orders to follow, that was their job... etc... But they were still human and had their own minds. I just cannot see how the clones could turn on the jedi that easy. Some of them have been through many battles and fought alongside the jedi knights and masters and padawans and probably developed somewhat of a very tight bond between each other. We see somewhat of a bond between Commander Cody and Obi in Episode 3. Along with many other bonds Rex and Anakin in the Clone Wars TV Series.

This brings me to Order 66 itself. Was Order 66 something programmed in the clones? (like a computer chip) or was it just something implanted in their head during their growing and developing of soldiers?

Last thing is... Did all of the clones follow order 66 or did some clones not follow it?

I know that these might be weird questions or maybe i just did not catch on in the movies.

Thank You!

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This is still debated a lot, with different writers giving different answers.

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader has a few clones reject orders to kill their Jedi commanders.

Republic Commando: Order 66 has it be one of several contingency orders- (in the case of such and such disaster, the clones take such and such a response). Order 65 was if the Chancellor turns traitor, arrest him.

Sam Witwer, one of the actors for the television series The Clone Wars , has said it's not an "on the books order" and cites the clones calling Palpatine "My Lord" as evidence.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I saw your posts in LACWAC's TCW section, you may want to watch TCW for the "official" story behind Order 66.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Some clones, like the Arc Troopers weren't made to be compliant and docile so they had independent minds. Most followed the order, but some chose not to. Same with clone commandos and clone officers. The rank and file clones were made to be docile and compliant so they followed orders like good little soldiers.

5. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    Thank You!

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    You're welcome.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It remains to be seen how much TCW will really address Order 66, though... and how much they might screw it up if they do.

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Regarding if it's a chip or brainwashing, I think it's genetic code. So both/neither. ;)

9. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013

So iron lord is right? Order 66 is very debated. It seems to me that lucas did not go into to much details about order 66 and it is very open to debate?

10. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    I read somewhere that Order 66 was just an order, not genetically programmed. As it was order 65 to turn in Chancellor himself (probably another cunning trick by Palps in case he would have lost elections). Also, clones were genetically programmed to obey the rules, so they didn't question the order (with some exceptions).

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, I think Dave said they're going to get into it.

If they do, they can't possibly screw it up, because whatever TCW says overrules everything else (besides the movies, but I doubt they'll contradict anything in the movies).

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They can still screw it up.

13. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    This.

I would like more clarification on O66.

I have also heard that it was programmed into the minds of the clones. (Less Believable)

OR

It was simply an order that they had to follow out.

I will side with the latter for now...

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, exactly. CT-867-5309 : I'm a little surprised you have this much faith in them. :p

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I have absolutely no faith in them, but whatever TCW says it is, it is.

16. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    But if Palpatine weren't Chancellor then where would he find the power to command the Clone Army and issue "Order 65"?

17. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    ^This, exactly.

It's supposedly not genetically programmed, but rather the obedience is genetically programmed. They're made to be warriors, not free thinkers.
    So any order can be denied, but majority of the case they will obey it.

So in response to your last question, there's not a set count, but as far as I know, not every trooper turned against the Jedi.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I find the idea that some troopers disobeyed their programming a little too far fetched, tbh.

Eryndil and CT-867-5309 like this.
  19. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Some did disobey , no matter what kind of training, conditioning, or programming they went through.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Not on-screen where it counts.

Eryndil, Count Yubnub and CT-867-5309 like this.
  21. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    As a human with feelings even if they were clones like i said earlier. I. Just don't see how a simple sentence could make all of them turn against the jedi. They have fought along side many battles with the jedi and became very personal with each other... i just cant see it. Lol.

22. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    It's Star Wars logic. Don't try to insert real life abstracts into it.
    ------------------------------
    Their loyalty was to the big man Palps himself. More than likely that overrides any feelings they have over the Jedi.

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    lol..true.
    I tend to forget how often "on screen " pops up here. Then I remember all the fresh new ones that joined up recently.

24. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Exactly. Being conditioned to obey Palpatine in most cases would null and void any emotions.
    The fact is they were conditioned to obey at such a young age. It's become almost automatic for them to obey everything he says.
    That's what they know, what they've learned. Serve and obey.
    The friendships came later, and were not part of their genetic conditioning or behavioural conditioning.

They weren't trained to keep friendships, they were trained to serve Palpatine.
    (Though their training might have faltered in some cases, leading to the escape of some of the Jedi...) For the majority of the cases, the "re-wiring" of their emotions and thoughts lead them to carry out the order.

25. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    :

Darth vader made it personal and real. Why not a clone?