main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH organize first meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    is it too early to start organizing a first meeting?

should we start voting on a place yet?

what's the next step?

2. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    would there be any interest in doing some action figure trading at a meeting?

just an idea of one possible activity at one of our meetings.....

3. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Padawan:
    Slowly it's starting to come together. I'm working on getting all the tatics down by talking with others who have started this type of group already.

I put up a poll for the possible meeting days, and was flexable as to the days between Friday and Saturday, since those seem to be most popular in amongst the emails I received. I know that both are good for me to begin with, since my weekdays are encompassed working during the day and evening, and I know others have similiar scheduals.

There has not been a place yet agreed on, till the date is agree on, because I'm trying to make this all simple. I figured the first get togethers would be a "Get To Know You" type of meeting. I was thinking having us meet up for lunch/dinner to say hello, and offically come face to face, as our first meeting.

If you want to bring figures, for trade if anyone says, "Hey yeah! I've got stuff to trade!" Then go for it! I don't have a problem at all with that.

It was my personal hope to just a realaxed, and enjoyable first meeting, so that we all know one another when we leave.

More to come....
    Lotus!

4. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    If collecting is your thing, you might want to check out the Ohio Star Wars Collecting Club here. We meet every second Saturday of the month.

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    cool! i'll check it out

6. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    i just realized that the dates posted on the poll are incorrect friday is the 29th and saturday is the 30th, the april dates are wrong as well....

is there a way to correct that or do we need to start a new poll?

7. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Just out of curiousity, would it really be necessary to really start a whole new pole if everyone knows that a slight goof was made on the dates? Isn't it noted somewhere that the dates in question were planned to be a Friday or Saturday?

8. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah, there's no way to change the poll, but ImperialRecruiter posted the correct dates. The Dates were wrong, but the days right. I put this post up when it was really early after creating a bunch of graphics for our fan website, so that we have more of a voice online than just here. I'll give everyone the information after I've gotten it together.

Next time there is a mistake made, on a poll, please post the correct information below the poll in the thread, or else noone is going to really understand what your talknig about. It just keeps the information inline.

Thanks!
    Lotus! :)

9. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    yeah, i realized that you could actually post replies to the actual poll AFTER i had posted it here.....

sorry....

i'm sure we can all figure it out....friday is friday reguardless of date and so on....

10. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Hey LovelyLotus I am currently working in Cincinnati (M-F) and will be here for the next 6 weeks (March 25-March 29 I will be in Springfield) If you need any help or want to give me your fliers for C2 just let me know.

11. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Springfield or Springdale? And that's totally cool, any help is really welcome. Or if you just want some company from a few of us, and your board stiff.

Drop me an PM, my fiance would be happy oblige, and I'm sure a few of us would be happy to visit for dinner.

Lotus!

12. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Springdale...sorry

Maybe went I get back off vacation and from Springdale some of us could get together for dinner. I am staying at the Comfort Suites on Riverboat Row in Newport.

13. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Very cool, I used to live near Springdale. (we moved a little while ago.) Most of the group lives not to terribly far from there, so it would be cool to meet up.

Lotus!

14. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Would you guys like to do a dinner the week of March 25-29 when Im up in Springdale?

15. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Me and my fiance, (ImperialRecruiter) don't have a problem with it. I don't know as for others. I'm sure Jules, Koz and a few others will see our messages, and pop their heads in, and say a yeah or nay.

Do you know where the Tri-County Mall is, in Springdale?

Lotus!

16. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Is there a Chilis, Toys r Us and Target by it?

I will be staying at the Woodfield Suites.

17. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeppers, with BestBuy, and the place that smells like Beenie Wheenies. Same road. So we've got a lot to choose from.

Lotus!

P.S. I'm on yahoo messager right now. If that's faster.

18. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I work at tri-county mall! i'd be up for meeting most likely...Ruby Tuesdays in the mall might be a good option, there's also a fridays and Steak and shake close...or for a taste of Cincinnati there's always skyline!!!

19. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Coneys... Yum... 8-} ( Massive Drooling Problem Suddenly) ...Depression... Too late to get Gold Star, they're already closed. :(

20. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    I was thinking more in the lines of Chili's or O'Charlies. But I'm gonna let Incom decide, since he's the one that is here on business.

Lotus!

21. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Either one is fine with me :)

I will be in town on Monday the 25th and available Mon-Thur after 5pm for dinner. You guys can pick the best day and time.

22. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Hello Cincy,

Just checking up on our pres :) Hi Incom!
    It's about time somebody got things organized down there:)

Good Luck!!!

23. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Cincinnati!

Let me know when you lock down a date and place for your debut meeting. Just send me a private message and I will get it posted on the fanforce.net main page. ;)

24. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Elan:
    I drop ya a note, giving you the heads up, thanks so much! Mucho Appreicante! I look forward to our dates going live. I'll have them to you in a few days.

Lotus!

25. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Hey all!

Those dates in March work fine for me as well, so I'm in for dinner. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.