main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT DVD Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Amber_eyes, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    If only I didn't want to dance with a sword so badly. :( You all know I would be there, but alas I get to play with a sharp object. [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Hahaha, you guys have to enjoy this comic. pvp

2. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm so there if Erin car pools with me....phone's not ringing. Which oddly enough reminds me that I have a ring payment.

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wahoo, we were on the news. sorry I didn't have a VCR ready for us :( but it was still really cool. :D

4. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Channel 13 showed the bit of the 5 of us on their 9 o'clock news program & also used the "Rungy time" bit.
    Woohoo!

5. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    I missed it all, blasted!

6. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Poor baby. but in the meantime, go to the Alpine Garrison board & look at the galley section under the Dvd midnight release.

correction: When you go to the Alpine Garrison board click on "Gallery" not galley.

7. AllenReturns

AllenReturns Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2004
    if anyone understands you mary, its me! ;) I missed tues nights shin dig cause I was wrapped up in trying to figure out a 15th century Italian swordsmanship manual.

8. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, it's Wednesday morning and I finally got some decent sleep last night after about two days with no sleep. It was one of the more exhausting and yet rewarding events that we have organized. Thanks to all those that made it. Frio, good to see you again, Riley too. Mary and Mary, always good to see you too. :D Erin, nice Leia. I look forward to seeing the first Mara Jade of the garrison. I can't remember if you said you were doing the green outfit or her dark one with the cape. Are you gonna die your hair red or wear a wig? It was good to meet Jedi Noghri as well.

Glad the gig was a success. The children, as always, loved it. They always do. I have yet to open my DVD set and sit down to watch it. Maybe this weekend if I have time. Ugh. Well, I'm off to work!

9. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I figure i went 40 hours without sleep. Today I am just going to veg out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

10. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Work is going to kill me! the last two days I've been late to my day job and leaving early from my night job because of this event. I told them that if they think this is bad then they don't want to know what it is going to be like when Ep3 hits the theatres :D
    Skalen, as always it was great to see you; thanks for showing off your awesome costumes! I'm doing the dark body suit with the cape Mara Jade because that is the one that is 'emperial' Mara. The green one is the 'rebel' Mara, thusly not making it 501st worthy :) I will be wearing a wig as my hair is waaaaaaay to long to dye all red (but the wig looks great, everyone at work said so)(I also contimplated doing the spray colour like how I did for Leia but it doesn't come in a normal red, atleast not that I have found yet).
    Amber, loved seeing you and your Jedi costume! I just can't get over how wonderful it looks! (when I do mine I'm so going to hire you as a consultant).

I can't wait for friday! I'm so excited to watch these movies :D

11. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

It was great to see all of you there the last two nights. :cool:

I have high-quality, digital recordings of all of the news broadcasts including Mary, Amber, Erin, Derek, and Riley stating their names and costumes on Fox 13. All of the videos will be posted on AlpineGarrison.com in the next day or so in the Gallery. I can also make DVD or VHS copies if you like.

Great job, everybody! :D

Later,

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Something I've noticed this past year, everytime I've snuck off to an event I'm always recorded by some news station. I think someone is trying to tell me something.

13. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    what? to not use your real name so those that you are hiding from can't find you?

14. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Naw they're trying to tell her something "camera" is sounds like "Gamera", who we all know is really neat and full of chicken meat.....hmmmmm.....there's Robin logic for you Mary.

15. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Maybe it's just Fate's way of saying "Gotcha!"

On a slightly related note - when I finally decided to surface today I went downtown & grabbed a bite to eat at the food court at Crossroads. There was a lady at a nearby table who kept staring at me. I think maybe she was wondering where she had seen me before. At least I hope that was why she was staring.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I've had four people at work today come up and say that they say me on TV. They all say, "When are you going to wear your costume in to work??"

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I had people at work asking me the same thing. Rather funny, I might wear the wig sometime.

18. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    My little brother saw me on Fox tonight, he kept screaming "Riley's on TV", but by the time I got there, I wasn't.

19. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    what a cruel prank to play on you...

20. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

All the TV coverage of the Original Trilogy DVD event has been uploaded into the AlpineGarrison.com Video Gallery. If you want to see the clip with Mary, Amber, Erin, Derek, and Riley, it's on the video titled "OTDVD Fox 13 at Nine."

Enjoy! :cool:

21. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    let's see if I can get this to work...

http://www.pierfamily.com/swgallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=43

man...I can never get these links to work right...

I tried to imbed the photo in the post...can't figure it out...

anyway...
    this is a hello for Amber Eyes from the folks here in the Midwest....
    I am the Imperial Officer on the far right....

waves...
    Hi Amber

anyone know how to post photos? lol

22. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    To link photos you type:

[image=http://www.yoursite.com/images/whatever.jpg}

except you put a bracket at the end instead of a } (I don't know what those are called)

edit: I just checked out the pic, and I don't think you can remote link something in an album like that.

23. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Here you go, Schph_Gochi...

[image=http://www.pierfamily.com/swgallery/albums/dvd_release_0904/PICT1892.jpg]

Love the pirate Trooper! [face_laugh]

Just FYI, 20x6: { } = braces ;)

Later,

24. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Is that Captain Sparrow in Trooper armor??? That is so awesome!!!!!!!
    Next time you see that guy give him a big high five from ondiv in Utah

25. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Not only was he Captain Jack Sparrow...he also had his very awesome "Edward Scissorhands" hands on for part of the night...so he was..

TK Jack Scissorhands...

lol...

It was a good time....at midnight ....we counted over 450 people in line...at 2:30 am, the last customer got their DVDs...

and...thanks for posting the photo for me...I thought I checked that bracket thing carefully....curious...you use one kind at the front...and another at the end....

...and my eyes aren't what they used to be...
    :_|

My sister (who lives in Herriman, UT) will probably take to wearing sunglasses thinking that someone may know that her idiot sister (me) is plastered over the Salt Lake City Boards wearing an Imperial Officer Costume....
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.