main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH OT: The Dark Knight!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lazer310, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Has anyone seen it yet?

Saw it last night, easily the best movie of the summer! What did you think?

2. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Went to the Lennox last night to see it, and I was completely blown away. It was amazing enough that they'd sold out 22 theaters for the midnight showing alone - I couldn't believe it.

The movie, however, absolutely blew my mind. I had such a difficult time sleeping after it was all over because my mind simply wouldn't shut off. Bale's performance was quite nice as he's struggling to deal with his own life and balance two identities. Ledger was almost flawless in his portrayal of a maniacal villain bent on destruction and mayhem, and I adored the little psychological/philosophical moments he was able to share with the audience. His little speeches about mankind and the world and just how he views things?I adored it.

It was a hard movie to watch in places due to the darkness and the?the only word I can come up with is ?brutality?, but I?m not sure that?s what I really mean. And for all of its anxiety-producing action, you can?t turn away. You?re always waiting. Always wondering. And ? for me, at least ? I was always surprised at what happened next.

The film does an excellent job of sucking you into the world of Gotham, putting you there to experience every last horror with the rest of its inhabitants. I was completely drawn in, and I really lost myself from the very moment this film started. Despite the fact that the theater was backed shoulder-to-shoulder, I forgot that there were other people sitting around me.

So I guess ? in short ? I loved it. Go see it. ;-)

3. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    What theater were you in Shada? We were in 24, which had 2 guys dressed as Batman and Robin from the old 60s show. Some great Joker costumes last night too.

4. SITHMASTER3117

SITHMASTER3117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2007
    I saw it bootlegged und it was by far the best Batman movie yet it went pretty good with the comic in my opinion,Heath Ledger did A nice job so overall it might just be the best movie of this summer but I do want to see clone wars tho who all will be at the Theaters in costume I und some friends will for sure. do reply to this post so that we may save this local forum. Sithmaster3117

5. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Bummer, I didn't get to see them wandering around in the lobby. We were in theater 13 - had a couple of guys dressed as the Joker in our theater. They were pretty awesome. And everyone around us was really enthusiastic about the movie. We even scared the lady that came over the PA system to announce that we all needed to squish in because the theater was sold out. We were too busy cheering. It was great.

Saw Dark Knight again yesterday at the Easton IMAX. Holy cow...that was so worth it. If that had been my midnight showing, I never would have gotten to sleep. I definitely recommend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.