main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Otakon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Lyra, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lyra

Jedi_Lyra Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Greetings everybody! Just wondering if anyone besides myself would be at Otakon this year? If so, maybe we could meet somewhere. Let me know!

2. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm going and a friend of mine as well are going. he's from way up north (new york) I can only go for the first 2 days

3. Jedi_Lyra

Jedi_Lyra Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Don't worry about missing Sunday. I don't know if you've ever been before, but about the only thing to do on Sunday is the dealer room. I'm sort of surprised that more people aren't going! It's such a good time!

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll be there all three days.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm going. WOOO!! Just look for an orange and blue mohawk.

Anyone want to meet up just PM me. I don't check this forum too-too often. So that'd be your best bet.

6. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    Pardon Me,

I'm sorry i don't mean to intrued on your thread like this because I'm not from Maryland. I'm from Connecticut. I was there all three days also dressed as Obi-Wan. I'm pretty sure I got pictures with all of you even thou I didn't have my camera on me most of the time. Anyway it was good to see alittle Star Wars at Otakon even thou most people didn't want us there. Oh well.

Peace.

7. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I saw two Obi-Wan's there.

8. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I saw two, and talked to one. Do you remember talking to a BSG viper pilot? If so, it was probably me.

I saw several people with mohawks, FID, but they seemed red/black, rather than orange/blue.

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    My hair wasn't a true mohawk, but it was orange and blue. Quite bright orange and blue at that.

10. Jedi9181

May 2, 2005
  11. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I saw Barf posing for pics at the Otacafe on saturday.

12. Jedi9181

May 2, 2005
    Pictures moved to http://www.alderaanbase.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=33

13. Jedi_Lyra

Jedi_Lyra Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Jedi, your pics are awesome! I agree that was the best looking Anakin there by a long shot, and you were the best Obi Wan. One of the other Obi Wan's I saw was just too young. I went as a Jedi on Saturday, one of the few women Jedi, and had a blast. I didn't hear any complaints, just somebody asked why star wars at an anime con and I replied Clone Wars. That was anime, imo. I had such a great time as a Jedi this year that I am going to do it again next year. I got some good pics of me dueling with Vader but alas, they are not posted anywhere. Till next Otakon friends!

14. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I went and had a blast. i was just a goofy looking guy trying to wear the most random things ever. no one saw me. (score!)

I walked buy most of you guys i think but didnt know to look for any of you. btw, you all know there was a Starwars Manga, right? that was my respose when a friend complained about the jedi infestation....

15. Jedi9181

May 2, 2005
    [face_tired] Wow. I didn't realize we were such a problem there. I also came back with The Manga resonce but that didn't appease them I guess. I just wish I could have had a chance to meet everyone there in Star Wars Cosplay. Oh Well, Till Next Year Kids.

Peace.

16. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I believe I heard someone mention Star Wars manga. Dunno where, but I distinctly remember hearing it.

17. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I know there was a manga because it was the background of the Syracuse fan force for a while (i use to live there) i think it mostly was about episodes IV through VI

18. Jedi9181

May 2, 2005
    I noticed over on cosplay.com that group arrangements are starting to pop up for 2006. I am deffanetly going to Otakon 2006 and wondering if anyone else is going and maybe arrangeing a meet up time for a big group shot again. Anyone?

19. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    What exactly is Otakon? :confused:

20. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Large anime convention in Baltimore. Laaarrge group of SW cosplayers there this year due to the Clone Wars cartoon.

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I managed not to cosplay. That could be because my friends had only asked me to go in April and I didn't have enough time.

This year I'll have a room at the Hyatt. :D

22. Jedi9181

May 2, 2005
    Cool. So I take it I'll should be looking for...... Jedi? Trooper? Vader? Whom?

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    No clue. I might cosplay. Badly.

24. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Who here has pre-registered?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.