main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our friend, Kevin Grant, becomes One with the Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Having spoken to some of you this morning, I think it's easy to say that we are all shocked and saddened. We have lost one of our original members and a good friend. I want to post something meaningful about Kevin and I intend to soon, but right now I'm just kind of numb.

From Reflector.com

Kevin M. Grant

Kevin Matthew Grant, 29, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, July 13, 2006. The funeral service will be conducted Sunday at 3:30 p.m. in the Wilkerson Funeral Chapel. Burial will follow in Pinewood Memorial Park. Kevin was a Pitt County native and 1994 graduate of Greenville Christian Academy. He received his Associate's Degree in Information Systems Technology from Pitt Community College, and for the past two years was employed with Computer Peripherals as a computer technician. Kevin also volunteered at Pitt County Memorial Hospital. He was a member of Belvoir Free Will Baptist Church. Kevin was preceded in death by his grandfather, James E. "Daddy Jim" Pollard. He is survived by his mother and stepfather, Sherry P. Farmer and George Alton Farmer of Greenville; his father and stepmother, Steve Grant and Paula Grant of Hickory; sisters, Kimberly G. Simpkins and husband, Rex, of Winterville and Kellie G. Hagen and husband, Alan, of Jamesville; maternal grandmother, Margie F. Pollard of Greenville; paternal grandmother, Sally Grant of Snow Hill; step-grandmother, Frances Farmer of Robersonville; niece, Courtney Simpkins; and nephew, Matt Simpkins, both of Winterville; and a special lifelong friend, Todd C. Smith of Greenville. The family will receive friends tonight from 6 to 8 at Wilkerson Funeral Home.

There is also a Legacy Guestbook at reflector.com to sign to share storie and condolences.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/kevin20g.jpg]

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Oh my God!

what the freak happened????

I'll be at the funeral and will most likely see you guys there....

this is very unbelievable and shocking.

Man...

Robby

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Unfortunately I couldn't attend both the visitation and funeral, so Kevin H. and I went to the visitation at the funeral home Saturday night. I don't know how large the funeral was, but the visitation had a tremendous turnout. It was obvious that KG touched a lot of lives. We spoke with several family members and they all mirrored each other in expressing how inspirational Kevin was to a lot of people - how he overcame tremendous odds to live a full life and how you never heard him complain about anything despite the fact he probably had more right to than most people.

I always joked with Kevin about being the "resident Trekkie" in a Star Wars fan club and he only tolerated us because he didn't want our group to shrink. :p But since we were both UNC fans, we always enjoyed talking about basketball and I know we were both super-thrilled about our boys winning the '05 championship.

I agree with Robby in that it was ironic, yet fitting, that our last meeting with Kevin ended up as a Star Trek event, and I'm glad we were all there for it.

We will miss you, KG, and you will always be a part of this group and our hearts. @};-

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear that Kevin passed. :(

I only got to meet him a few times and he was a great person to talk to. My condolences are with the Emerald City Empire and with his family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.