main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Now that this season is over, we can all look forward to the offseason. :D

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congrats Trieste!!! A long time coming and the old lady is returning to Bakura! The Jets put up more of a fight in this cup but they're as hapless as the Buffalo Bills were during the '90s. Ouch!

Anyway, yeah, I think we've got a Browns fan in here. Maybe Chip Kelly can fix all that, eh?

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I think we're going to call 270 & 271 the Black and Blue Back-to-Back. :D

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Sounds good to me ;)

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    To be honest I am not sure good ol' Chip Kelly can fix the BROWNS. Though I do seem to be doing my best to turn the Mercs into the ELL version of them, I even just brought in a head coach who preaches a high octane offense. I can ony hope that unlike them, the Mercs actually win it all someday.

[​IMG]

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Is it perhaps too cliche that just as I read this post the NFL Fantasy Playoff Challenge came on with "Bad Day" as the song? ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

The above .gif could be interpreted in a variety of ways, but I am thinking strictly platonic, you know, join me on the champions side of things.....

CPL_Macja and Trieste like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

To be honest I am glad I haven't won yet, it would destroy the storylines I have laid out for this upcoming season. Of course, now that this past season is over I would be happy to win it all. :p

[​IMG]

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yes I would. :D

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Now he gets to join the Winner's Circle. :p

Where only 6 teams in this Era have been (with 5 of them being player-controlled).

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    You guys talk all you want about winning the Galactic Cup. I'll be happy to see the Storm produce a winning season. Give me that first, then I'll think playoff win. Give me a playoff win, then I'll think about winning a Cup. One thing at a time.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, if you can avoid being mugged by the newbie teams in the Skywalker Conference, you should make the playoffs next year. :p

13. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    jcgoble3 Not going easy on you, so don't ask.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    For all the perceived dominance of the Skywalker Conference over the Solo, in the end a team from the Solo Conference took home the title. ;)

[​IMG]

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    or Teegirloo, either?

Ironic thing is I'm watching that episode right now :p

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    You guys can mark my words on this: The Solo Conference over the next ten Limmie Seasons, will have generated more Galactic Cup victories.

Bold statement, but if history is to be my guide, one I can make with confidence.

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Teegirloo informed me a few weeks ago that she was coming into a busy period during real life and that she would be absent and not posting. I am keeping her in the league in anticipation of her return. :)

And CPL_Macja, I'm betting that Liam_Vehn doesn't know the context of that gif. :p

Oh, the Miners championship post is *almost* done. It's a doozy.

NHL lockout looks over, Miners Galactic Cup, not a bad day even if my beer league hockey team did have a pretty lousy outing tonight. But hey, I'll take it. :D I think I'm going to have a drink tonight. ;)

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    All I can say Trieste is....

"RODDERS!! DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!!!"
    [​IMG]

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, that is an incredible post. Truly befitting of a Galactic Cup championship. I especially like how you brought back old characters. I think the only thing missing was John Talley's reaction, but that's minor. Overall, excellently done. =D=

20. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm here sorry I'll have the post up from the host's perspective on the title game probably tomorrow

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That's cool but the bigger question is whether or not you are going to join us for the draft

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Sadly, the window for participating in the draft closed some time ago. But Ryloth doesn't really need it, do they? I mean they've got Qorbus and Barbosa. I heard those guys are kind of good. ;)

And jcgoble3 I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'd been thinking about this post for quite some time (and I'm talking on the order of four seasons since I started playing Alana). The more I thought about it, the more I thought that it would be neat to get little windows into the former primary viewpoint characters that I'd had. You're right that Talley was the only major character not touched on there, but that's half because I did receive one inquiry as to his availability for other head coaching gigs (and in case you're all wondering, yes, he's very much available). I didn't even think of him, mainly because he wasn't a primary viewpoint character, but he was certainly a formative figure for the Miners and their longest-tenured head coach in the game. Bringing him back into the picture would actually be super interesting since Cundertol made it clear he was never a fan of Talley and very unceremoniously decided not to retain him once Talley's contract expired. Of course, when Cundertol got his hire in there, he won a Cup.

So yeah, that could be a bit of an interesting little side plot. Especially because Cundertol is such a people person. I mean just look at what he said to Corrie Andersen, his star corner forward:
    [​IMG]
    And he likes her.

In other news, hey Bardan_Jusik apparently those UBTV coaches aren't bringing their spread offense to the Mercs quite yet. ;) Oh, and that other guy has decided to continue tormenting me in the Pac12 and pretend like sanctions don't exist.

And CPL_Macja yes, I do think Rodders is going to begin selling some speeder insurance this season. :D But I know you all are truly interested in Alana's next ads because she's gonna get the moneyz now.

23. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'll trade around anyway to get a few people

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    meh. To be honest I didn't think the guy was the right fit anyway for the BROWNS. Not saying I know who is, but I feel this was a blessing in disguise. As for Glencross and her ad money, we all remember the last time she was tapped for galactic ad campaigns. :p

[​IMG]

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Maybe you can trade for that first-round draft pick back. It's not like Trieste needs it anyways. :p