main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I was actually hoping that we could schedule those non-league matchups for next season. Then I clicked on the link and suddenly felt a lot less interested.

But you are getting me tickets for the game, right Trieste? :p

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Did anybody back up the game thread before the move? If so, I could use a copy of the backup. I've got ideas on what I want to do in terms of a storyline, but I may need access to details in truncated posts to go that route. I asked in Comms if it would be possible for the admins to extract truncated posts from the database, and they said no. :(

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't think anyone did, but I know we were discussing it at one point.

Unless Mac did.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I barely post at all and get bonus rolls yet I'm still 4-0[face_thinking]

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I didn't and I should have because I am having a similar situation in another game. I have most of my posts saved on my PC, but I lost some of my early posts when it died the summer before this past one.

[​IMG]

7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    You've got it better off than I do, then. I don't keep my posts on my PC; once I confirm that the post has successfully saved to the boards, I delete it. Probably should save my posts, now that I think about it.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It is really just a by product of how I post for RPGs. I usually type my responses up in notepad and then copy and paste those over into a post.

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I only keep posts if I need to save them to my hard drive during the writing process.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I normally type mine up in the same Word document I store my character sheet in, then copy and paste into the boards. That allows me to easily save partial posts during the writing process, but I don't keep them there permanently, otherwise the file would get way too large to easily work with.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah I keep each post saved in its own .txt file organized by season. My team roster I keep in excel.

[​IMG]

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The only place I have my team roster at now is the wiki. Even my library thread post simply links to the wiki for the roster.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I keep my roster updated in the library thread. I don't think it was affected by the truncation issue.

[​IMG]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I sadly did not back it up. Hindsight, you know?

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll tag him: CPL_Macja, do you have a backup of the game thread pre-move?

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sadly I do not... it was the only game that I didn't get to back up before the move

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Jc, out of curiosity what are you looking for? I can try to wrack my brain and see if I remember anything.

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Really minor details. Specifically, any post of mine since Marte started with HSN that mentions Podracing, and the names and other details of the two Jedi whom Marte and Tendra traveled to Ragoon VI with during the offseason immediately after he retired from coaching. The latter might be at the beginning of a post, or at least close enough to the beginning to have not been cut off, but I haven't checked yet because I don't need that information yet (but I will soon). However, I know the Podracing mentions were usually at the end of a post, but it will be longer before I need that (and I might decide against taking the story down that road anyway).

In other words, I don't need anything right now; I'm just trying to look into the future a bit.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, I can't help you there. :D

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I remember that post, and that you stole a name (at least a first name) of one of my characters. :p

21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I did not steal anyone's character's name. :p All of my character names come off the Star Wars Galaxies Random Name Generator: http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/characters/name.php The name in question must simply be a common first name in the SW galaxy.

That's also why you don't see a wide variety of species from me; I limit myself to the eight options in the generator.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh that will come in handy come draft time. ;)

[​IMG]

23. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    When do we get to do Super 16 Limmie again?

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To quote Tenel Ka, "Fact."