main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Geez, at this rate none of us are ever going to post again. :p It'll take an entire season plus some offseason just to fill the page as we attempt to "throw" games by not posting.

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    And the Miners are doing a reverse for them: good start, bad finish.

A few of my Week 5 observations:
    • Congrats Ryloth: you're hosting the Final and you're a lock for the playoffs. That's not official, but 5 wins aught to be enough to go to the playoffs. Especially with 3 conference wins already.
    • Against the early odds, the Monarchs are looking like they're playoff bound again too. 3 conference wins is going to be hard to catch. They're going to own a lot of tiebreaks.
    • Bardan and I were discussing this in PM earlier this week, but the Mercs are now officially done.
    • Therefore, it's a three way fight for the last two playoff spots in the Solo Conference. The Miners have the most control here. They've got Thyferra and Nar Shaddaa left on their schedule (both on the road, naturally). I think that a Miners win next week and a Smugglers would make it impossible for Nar Shaddaa to get in thanks to their loss to Thyferra earlier. Any other scenario I believe still keeps the Smugglers in the hunt.
    • The road for Euceron looks quite hard. I'm not sure it's impossible, but I think they'd need a lot to happen.
    • Ryloth, much to my chagrin, looks like they're getting better each week. Right now they are clearly the team to beat.

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My Week 5 Observations: :p

• With Onderon losing their game, a loss by them or win by Ryloth wraps up the conference title. They still have to play each other, so that gives Onderon a good chance to come back and take control.
    • Vandelhelm is quietly posting another good season. They're 4-1 and have Ryloth in their sights.
    • Rydonni Prime is doing well despite their lost starters. Of course, my Senators patented the success against all odds in 266, so it proves that the Monarchs can pull off some wins. It looks like that Week 7 matchup between the Monarchs and my Force might be for the conference title, especially if I win next week. Or, Rydonni Prime and Bakura fighting for the top spot if the Miners win next week and the Monarchs lose. So that Bakura-Thyferra game will be a huge one in the Solo Conference.
    • It'll be interesting to see what Bardan does now. This right here is going to determine which direction the Mercs go for the next few years (in terms of personnel, strategy, etc.)
    • Nar Shaddaa is really fading here. Is this another Smuggler slump (the calm before the storm?), or has the Chambers injury really exposed a weak defense?
    • Euceron definitely has a chance to get to the playoffs here, but it won't be easy.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Heads are on the chopping block now. Or are they? ;)

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I just realized that all of the acquired draft picks for the 272 Draft are looking like really low picks right now. :p

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah. I know. Curses!

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, at least it's a first-round pick, so you can't complain too badly about that. :p

And there's still plenty of time for things to change.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have some high draft picks next draft that I may be willing to trade... ;)

[​IMG]

9. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    You said you were going to bed Mando boy

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I said I was going to be offline for awhile. And I was. But I am back now and depending on how this week goes and what players I see in the draft (when the time comes) I may be trading draft picks for cash to help pay for the monstrosity that is the Meshla Vhetin. ;)

[​IMG]

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Wow 5-0 and I get to host the Galactic Cup Final. :cool:Sweet

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, I need to start thinking about who's going to hit the Draft. I'll have to make sure that I make only some moderately good candidates so that they'll still be around for the Miners picks. Which I intend to be the 9th overall pick for the Miners winning the Galactic Cup, the 7th overall pick from the Rough Riders after their ignominious Semifinal defeat, and the 15th overall pick from the Monarchs after their loss in the Semifinal.* :D

*Disclaimer: If this actually all happens I'm going to expect you guys to accuse me of rigging the scores.

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Already have the accusatory post typed up ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I expected several protests when the StarBucks went on their run last season, but never got any. :(

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Had you gone all the way, I would have. ;)

And it's probably high time I updated the S16 scores. :p Because at least you can't accuse me of rigging the scores . . . yet. Scores are now up.

And if you two are now telling each other you're going to be on/offline, you two are severely addicted to these forums. 8-} I mean, I think you spend more time on here than I do, and that's saying something. ;)

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's right. The Rovers are making a late run baby! :D

...does this mean I'm going to have to provide you with a Bak10 champion for the Carnation Bowl, which this year would be played in a Super 16 stadium?

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    CPL just likes to keep track of me because he thinks I am going to cause trouble somewhere on the forums. He is probably right. :p

As for scores, running them can be addictive. Though I always knew there was no way the StarBucks would have gone all the way. They surprised me with as far as they got.

EDIT: Yes, yes it does. Are you going to do a Galactic title game too Gunny? ;)

EDIT2: Crazy, after last season of leading the S16 in points allowed, this year the StarBucks are dead last.

[​IMG]

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, I guess I will. Interested in having a certain team make a run at consecutive Galactic titles, eh? :p

And yes, Trieste. It would be nice to have a Bak10 champion at some point so I can do the Carnation Bowl (which probably stings right now because certain 'Tree people' are in the real thing right now).

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, I actually felt a little guilty about just putting KMI in the title game without really having to run scores for them. I created the school just as a kind of lurking antagonist for the StarBucks coach. But they were the only other non-S16 or Bak10 school mentioned so with Trieste's blessing I placed them in the game. If you want to use KMI in the title game go right ahead, but I wouldn't "feel bad" if you made up another school to play for the title.

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, I was thinking I might do that because they're now canon for our game. But I have some time to figure all this out.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's all good by me. I am just happy to see college scores run to keep some continuity going for us and our draft. It's all I have to look forward to this season. :p

[​IMG]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, if KMI runs the table and gets back in (which is possible, since I think I might run another small bracket to figure that team out), there will be plenty of Mandos for you to draft. :p

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Another bracket is a good idea, I should have done that last season.

[​IMG]

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Where's the dislike button on this forum?

Actually, though the Noble House is a pretty big backer of UBSD (there are two Fionn Trieste halls, one for Fionn Cormac Trieste and one for Fionn Dunross Trieste), the ninth generation (the currently eldest one that includes Kerry and her siblings) spread through the Bak10. While two of them (Kerry and Siona) did attend UBSD, Fiona went to the Fleet Academy, the eldest son (whose name escapes me at the moment) partied it up at College of Deredith & Millicent, Regan was the rebel at archival StanfordTiarest University, Ronan went to University of Evenvale, and the baby of the group, Oisin, studied at Prytis College of Natural Sciences. They spread themselves around quite a bit. Though none of them have gone and slummed it with the University of Bakura, Telaan Valley Pioneers yet. ;)

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Except that they made the Carnation Bowl last year. :p Goes to show you that "bad" teams can make runs when the time is right. :D

And now you experience the frustration of having your biggest rival being in that bowl. I've already had to deal with that three (two in that bowl, and one other) in the last four years from those infidels to the South. :mad: