main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Outer Rim Posters

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Mar 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Now that we have an official logo, we can design posters to put up in all the places that have been waiting for them, as discussed at the last meeting. Smaller versions of the poster can be used as flyers.
    Since SK did such a great job on the logo, I've asked him to work on a design for the posters but he could use some input. Put your suggestions here. I'll start with my suggestion.

I'd thought of something like a recruitment poster. I don't want Outer Rim to seem more oriented towards the empire or rebellion so I thought that perhaps on the left side we could have Vader (perhaps the classic pointing pose). On the right side we could have a rebel leader. Initially I thought Mon Mothma but then I realised that your average non-harcore starwars fan would be more likely to recognise Leia as a rebel leader. The logo could be up the top with the details in the middle.

At the meet we discussed what details would go on the poster. Just to remind you all.
    My phone # and SK's phone number as contacts.
    An email address. For the time being I could set up outer-rim@oneil.com.au as a mailbox that several people on the committee could have access to. We don't have a PO box or official website address yet but we could always add them in to a revised version of the poster when we have them. For now I think we should get the word out quick.

Another note. Notice I've been putting Outer Rim in the subject of club related posts. I thought that would be a good way of letting people spot the club related threads. It doesn't mean that those who aren't in the club can't post on these threads. It just identifies that these threads are about club related business.

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    *LOL*

Already two steps in front of you Soniel. I think we must think alike because thats exactly what I had already planned to do.

I was going to make it widescreen (landscape) however if anyone disagrees just shout NO! I currently have the logo in the middle and a strip through the center of that. I have the basic structure done, I just need to know exactly what information needs to go on it so I can finalize the placements. I plan on seeing Soniel this week to discuss it anyway. Its hard to explain but when I have more I'll upload it for ya.

Other comments?

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Landscape sounds fine.

4. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Outer Rim Advertising Campaign
    ==============================

Well I suppose you ask a advertising campaign come on, what are we trying to run here.

A CLUB THATS WHAT!!

So I thought we might as well have one. I was thinking of calling it:

JOIN UP NOW!!

Or does it sound to Starship Troopy.

Any ideas for a name?

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    How about :-

It is pointless to resist
    The will of The Force

Thread Status: