main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Over 30 Writers Club ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Over_30_Writers_Club, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You know...that question ran through my mind also. I don't know anything about computer code, so I am not sure. It would be a pain if all my new chapters of a fic started before the move also disappeared.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    If it does... I may refrain from posting a lot of Dear Diary updates...

...Which gives me more time to rewrite and tweak a few, as one ended up taking a different turn after a short writing experiment, and the other has Hoojibs.

3. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Post-Move posts will remain as they are unless you decide to edit them. Or a Mod. Or a hitherto-undiscovered XenForo bug. Or . . .

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's a comforting thought. A XenForo bug swarm war is on the horizon.o_O Let's hope not.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Speaking of bugs... Well, not really, as my story has more to do with arachnids...

One of the spiders in my apartment bit me while I was asleep. I dunno which spider did it, as I have a few different species hiding out in here, and I was asleep and didn't notice anything until the next morning. Damn eight-legged squatters. I don't mind that they're here, as they eat the bugs and doesn't afraid of anything. But, when they start hiding in my bath towel or my bed and biting me while I'm sleeping, then we have a problem.

And on top of that, I've been dealing with an unsettled digestive tract, of which the onset coincided with me finding that spider bite on my hand.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    One of my stories had Spider squadron as its subject

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Hello, all! Today is my 10 year anniversary on these boards! Can't believe it's gone so fast. May the Force be with you all!!!

TrakNar likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ^:)^

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Congratulations indeed!

Ten years can go by so fast; but it was fun. ;)

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had a spider problem. I went to Home Depot and bought that gallon jug of insecticide with a battery operated sprayer and sprayed the entire house. All the baseboards, outside around the windows, around the doors, under sinks where pipes come up from the crawlspace, and the carpets.

I am surprised my cats aren't dead. But it seems to do the trick. If I see more after a warm spell I spray again.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Once a month, a Dalek comes by to exterminate.

And my butterfly emerged from its chrysalis last night! :D

12. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Oooh! Pics? How's it doing?

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Right now, it's being kept in a bucket that I lined with paper towels. This is just for tonight, as today was too chilly to let it go. It spent most of the time practicing flying around my kitchen, and then sitting on my jacket. I had to disturb it to get it into the bucket for the night, and it wasn't too happy about that.

As for pics... I lack a macro lens and a good camera, so these pics are rather blah. Also, I was asleep when it emerged, so I missed out on watching it dry off.

[​IMG]

I offered up a paper towel soaked in Tang. The butterfly wasn't interested. I put a towel soaked with Kool-Aid in a small lid in the bottom of the bucket I have it in, so hopefully it takes to that. I want to let it go when it has a full stomach.

[​IMG]

The butterfly sitting on my jacket in my kitchen. It liked my overhead light. I had the radio on earlier, and it seems to like that. It's pretty friendly, I can carry it around in my hands.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    It's pretty! Do you know what kind it is?

I'll admit I don't know much about butterflies, but I know hummingbirds like sugar water. It might not like flavoured stuff.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's a common buckeye. When I was trying to identify the chrysalis, I thought it was a painted lady. Then, it emerged and I realized that it wasn't.

I usually feed butterflies sugar-water, but I don't have any sugar at the moment. I've heard that you can feed them Gatorade, though.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    How do you make Kool-Aid without sugar?

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    With a mix. I just put it in water and mixed it up. Well, it was technically that Flavor-Aid candy. I had some left over, so I mixed it in water. Sugar and carbs, the butterfly should be happy.

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ahh, that stuff. We just have a bunch of the little packets you have to add sugar to.

I'm trying to work on chapter 18 of "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain", and really important stuff has to happen in it. All my male lead wants to do is seduce the female lead. I'm going "Plot development, you two, not smut!"

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nothing wrong with seduction during the important stuff. It would serve to add more layers to the male lead's character. Even while his world is going to hell, all he can think about is sex. :p

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    He already got her into bed. Several times. :p

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Can't hurt to have a few more! XD

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    If it were up to these two, that's all the rest of this 'fic would be. *facepalm* Fortunately, I wrestled them into submission by giving Darth Rache someone to intimidate.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hooray!

A few nights ago, I had an odd dream. At some point, I was watching some Sixth Doctor episode called "The Dreams of Har Farhkuu" or something. It involved an alien queen (Har Farhkuu, I guess) and her time-traveling race of Kiliks. I'm not sure what the plot was, if there was any plot. At some point, there was a scene of Har Farhkuu molting into her next stage of evolution or something wonky, and she was connected to this giant web, surrounded by her Kilik followers as she pulled off pieces of her black, shiny exoskeleton, revealing spikes and some leather outfit that Catwoman would envy. The episode has significance because it was, for whatever reason, an episode that my brother and I apparently guest-starred in as residents of some backwater planet who helped the Sixth Doctor defeat Har Farhkuu. Some how.

Then, at another point, I was attending a dinner with my mom and she turned into the giant Me Monster and was stomping the city to the ground. So, I summon my giant robot morphing powers, yell "Henshin a go go, baby!" and morph into a bizarre hybrid of the Megazord and Ultraman and battle the Me Monster, just as Godzilla stomps in.

I am not writing a fanfic about it. No. I refuse. Not even the Sixth Doctor episode. There's nothing to go on!

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    LMAO!! I have bizarre dreams all the time. I don't recall any recent ones that I can relate, though, 'cause a lot of them have involved a situation I can't talk about.

I'm not surprised it involved Six, though. I can't stand Six. He always struck me as arrogant and just irritating beyond belief.

Did you see last night's episode?
    The Doctor/River stuff had me squeeing.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I haven't seen it as I have no TV, nor do I have cable/satellite. Makes it hard to watch TCW, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.