main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Padawan (re-write) Updated 13th March 2012 :-)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    This is really interesting so far! I like it a lot. =D=

Great job, and update soon! (please) [face_praying]

Would you kindly add me to your pm list? Thanks.

2. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Update in the mix yet?

3. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    It is coming I promise, I keep re-thinking how I want the next chapter to go...I don't want to avoid Obi-Wan dealing with what he did, but I'm so tempted to jump ahead....but what happens in the next chapter is central to Obi-Wan's character...but it's writing the thing out I'm struggling with....

But I promise an update is coming. I already know how this fic ends, and leads in to the sequel, which is called Knight...but it's a long way off at the moment, or at least it seems like it.

That and work is keeping me busy at the moment as well, however soon as I've updated I'll be very happy to send you all a PM :)

Thank you so much for your continued patience.

EG

4. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    thank you for writing the story

5. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    You can do it! :D

6. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi guys, I've finally got an update for you.

I must confess I'm not entirely all that happy with this chapter. But if I didn't get this out of the way, then I'd never get this fiction finished.

So please be patient. The movie go-ers will recognise some lines from this chapter...Points for getting the movie name right...

Chapter [7]

Starting out of the window towards the cityscape, he watched the various air vehicles zooming by. His mind wandered as he cast his mind out as to what the general populace were thinking of as they zoomed by. He pictured some of them heading home to loving families, others going out for a night in one of the many night clubs that populated the planet.

The sky was blood red, as the sun started to set. He noticed the long shadows cast by the mighty structures, as well as the lighting that started to light up the many buildings he could see.

He absently noted the cloud formations that were starting to form in the sky. When he was younger, he wondered how Coruscant created its weather system. But now it no longer held the same wonder for him.

Nothing did any more, nothing else mattered.

He sighed wearily, he knew he?d have to talk to the other being in the room. They?d been meeting for three weeks now, and every single time they sat in silence now for two hours. He guessed it was time to start talking he supposed, but the wound was still fresh. If he was totally honest with himself, he never wanted the wound to heal. He always wanted to feel this pain, so that he?d never make the mistake of trusting anyone again.

He turned and faced the healer, his young face was an open book, written on it was pain, turmoil and anger.

This didn?t seem to faze the other occupant in the slightest. In fact he smiled. This was the first sign that his patient had even acknowledged that he was in the room. He leaned forward and spoke in a quiet voice. ?Obi-Wan, are you ready to talk??

Obi-Wan looked up at the healer?s face. Like his friend Bant, he was a Mon Calamarian, his head was a deep brown-red mix. One either side of his face, he had large bulbous eyes, very much like a fish. He wore the Jedi tunics with such grace when one considered his species was mainly water dwelling.

?What is there to talk about?? Obi-Wan said quietly.

Coreith thought for a moment, then he asked, ?How are you feeling Obi-Wan? How was your day??

Obi-Wan looked somewhat bemused at the healer. ?Well my day was just dandy today. Got to lay in bed, and have pretty young healers bring me my food, then I had to sit here for two hours and wonder what I was going to talk about. How was your day?? He fired back.

In spite of the sarcastic tone in Obi-Wan?s voice, Coreith actually smiled. ?I?ve had a good day today thank you for asking Obi-Wan.? He soothed.

?What did you do today?? Obi-Wan asked. Still staring out of the large window.

?Well, I visited the crèche today to see how the younglings are doing. One of them misses their family rather a lot. She?s only three cycles of age, but she?s got some fire in her.? Coreith mused, ?and then I had to do my rounds with my other patients, who are doing rather well considering, and now here I am sitting here with you.? He finished cheerfully.

Obi-Wan turned and looked at the healer. ?Do you like being a healer? Don?t you wish you were a Knight going out to all parts of the galaxy?? He asked, memories of Bandomeer still fresh in his mind.

Coreith thought for a moment before answering. ?I love being a healer, I?ll grant you it?s not as glamorous as settling disputes and so on, but our battlefield is the body, and our enemy is the things that upset the body. So you could argue that we see our fair share of action.?

Obi-Wan smiled, but the smile never quite reached his eyes. And this was something Coreith noticed. He leaned forward, ?Obi-Wan, I can?t help you if you won?t open up to me.?

Obi-Wan stiffened, he didn?t want to talk about this. Not to Coreith, not to anyone. Coreith seemed to sense where his patients thoughts were ta

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Happy dance for an update! [face_dancing]

Obi-Wan turned and looked at the healer. ?Do you like being a healer? Don?t you wish you were a Knight going out to all parts of the galaxy?? He asked, memories of Bandomeer still fresh in his mind.

Coreith thought for a moment before answering. ?I love being a healer, I?ll grant you it?s not as glamorous as settling disputes and so on, but our battlefield is the body, and our enemy is the things that upset the body. So you could argue that we see our fair share of action.?

What a lovely way to describe a healer's duty.

?Why have you cut yourself off from the Force?? he asked, somewhat gently.

Obi-Wan sighed, ?I trusted the Force thus far, and look where it got me!? Obi-Wan answered hotly.

The healer nodded knowingly, ?I?m afraid I?d have to disagree with you there young Obi-Wan.? He said softly. He continued, ?you trusted the Force, as well you should, but Qui-Gon is the one that let you down. Not the Force.?

Obi-Wan was about to protest when Coreith held up a webbed hand.

?Obi-Wan, one of the first things a master does when he takes on an apprentice is to form a training bond with them. This is done so that should the need arise;? he paused, ?then the master can locate the apprentice in times of trouble.? Obi-Wan huffed at this; Coreith paid it no mind and carried on. ?As well as that, the bond can be used to relay instructions during missions, and the apprentice will be able to see how the master uses the Force in any given circumstance. You were never given a fair shot at being an apprentice Obi-Wan. This is NOT your fault.?

Obi-Wan was about to say something when Coreith cut across him again, ?Obi-Wan? he said, looking straight in to the young Jedi?s eyes. ?This, IS, NOT, YOUR fault.? He said once again.

Tears started to stream down Obi-Wan?s face, as his body started to rack with sobs. He tried to maintain emotional control, but it was getting harder and harder. Coreith didn?t move. He knew full well that this had to happen. He said once more, ?This is not your fault Obi-Wan.?

AW, he got through to Obi-Wan (though I thought Yoda had previously). What a wonderful healer.

An update worth waiting for.

8. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Thanks for the PM. [:D]

I'm going to agree with Valairy_Scot and say that this was definitely worth the wait!

This section was very interesting. I liked how Obi-wan has progressed and that he has overcome that awful stage.

I look forward to your next chapter! :D

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Wonderful.[:D]
    I loved how you described Obi-Wan's anger. It's true when you're angry you can't feel good, but now that the healer is helping him he will recover.

I hope the others Padawan's and initiates don't hassle him too much. Otherwise all the good work the healer has done will be lost.
    Yoda needs to get closer to his new Padawan. Has he told him yet that he is going to train Obi-Wan?

Well worth the wait EGK

Great story=D=

10. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    thanks for the PM

more Obi please, and I also was wondering what happend with Qui-Gonn. Love that Yoda will be the new master for Obi.

11. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Oooh, I love Corleith, patient and warm. And she got through to him! Hopefully the Force will help Obi now, too...
    And Qui-Gon? What happened to him?

Good to hear something from you again, Master![:D]

12. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    So nobody got the reference to Good Will Hunting then lol...oh dear...

EG

13. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great update. can't wait for more!

14. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    My young padawan, I'm glad you're still around and reading your old master's scribblings. I have read your fic Showdown on the Invisible Hand, and I loved the ending. Sorry I didn't post on there, I was rushed, and had to dash off somewhere.

I'm hoping I'll be able to spend a bit more time on here in the New Year, so I can get back to being the Master you deserve :)

Glad you liked the chapter.

One very proud (and humbled master)

EG

15. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Great update! =D=

Glad to see Obi's getting over his misery- sort of.

Thanks for the pm!

16. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Seemed pretty good to me. Actually it was really good. Lol.

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm so glad the healer finally got through to Obi-Wan.

Coreith thought to himself This young man is special indeed

He had no idea how right he was.
    [face_love]

Very nice update. [face_love]

18. MindyMe

MindyMe Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2010
    Obi-Wan's gonna live isn't he................ please let him live!!!!!

Loving the story by the way, the twist is great. I'm wondering how this is gonna affect the prequel episodes.

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It must be about time for you to come back and post some more to your great story.

Are you still here?

20. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    This story is amazing! I started reading these stories just today, and I love them! Can I beg you to write faster? :)

21. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    what a wonderful story, just found it again.

please put me on yout PM-List if you have one, don´t want to lose this story again.

up !!!

22. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi Guys,

I promise an update is coming. I do promise.

Thanks for your continued patience.

EG

23. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Good news!!

I'm just adding the final touches to the next chapter, I really hope it's been worth waiting for.

Thanks for your incredible patience :)

You guys rock.

EG

24. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Yay, update soon. Incredible patience? what patience? lol j/k

25. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    now? now? What about now? or now?