main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padmé's Coruscant Night Gown

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by spacelady, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    This thread is for the information of Padmé's Coruscant Night Gown. :)

This is for people who want to make the costume, but are confused or need that extra tip to finish your costume or start it! :D

~Spacelady

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    You know, I think this might be the last of Padmé's AOTC costumes to get its own thread.

Since we now have one, let's try to put some info together for it. :)

Reference image:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Characters/Padme/aotc-padme_lg06.jpg]

Maggie has a great page devoted to it over at The Padawan's Guide: Coruscant Nightgown. It was designated 'P-10' during production.
    According to Maggie's analysis of it, it is like a drawstring chemise. See her webpage for links to instructional sites that describe how these can be made.

As for fabric suggestions, I would tend to lean toward some type of silk. Any other thoughts about this out there? And, has anybody here made this?

3. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Thank you Obi-Dawn Kenobi! :)

I just started to make this dress, it's very beautiful (For the part you can see :p ) The type of fabric that I used was a basic whiteish/blueish sheet. I think for the top of the dress you would just do a gather and put the draw-string inside of it... ?[face_plain] I dunno..

The pattern that I used was:

Night Gown pattern

I used the white under-dress. I haven't gotten to the draw-string yet, but I will soon.. :p

I hope that helps any of you who need the information! :) :D

~Spacelady

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Sure thing. I'm happy to hear you're making it. :)

5. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked :)

6. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Thank you very much, Sister Sola! :D

It's been ages since this topic was made, but a pattern came out that might also work: Simplicity 2777, View A. The only thing is, it uses a TON of fabric -- the front itself is about 2 widths of material.

From some pics, it looks like it might be georgette (which would work, since it looks like there's a lot of it) or some kind of lightweight silk. For the neckline, the material looks like it's gathered to a (bias?) strip/ribbon encasing, which then gathers a tiny bit more. That's sort of what I see in this picture:
    http://padawansguide.com/padme/nightgown/nightdress1.jpg It might have a placket as well, but that's also pretty well hidden by the fabric.

I don't know; maybe I've researched it too much for its own good. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.