main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Page Banner

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ASkywlkr, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASkywlkr

ASkywlkr Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Just thought I'd let everybody know that I'm working on a banner for the FF. If anyone else wants to try to create one, do it then bring it to the next Thursday meeting (Our 1 yr. anniversary for the Club!!!) We can then vote on one for the site. Try to use pictures that show Oklahoma City and its sites. Thanks. Till then, MTFBWY.

Brian Weeks
    Club Treasurer

2. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    This may sound stupid, but what exactly is a page banner. To make myself not sound to dumb; here is the reasoning for my question.

1. is the page banner going to be our icon for these boards.

2. Is the page banner going to be the background for a website.

3. Is the page banner made for meeting purposes or t-shirts.

I'm sorry if I don't get it, but I noticed there are a lot of little things like the icon among others that we are able to do once everything is in place. And I was wondering what EXACTLY is a page banner?

Nightsun

3. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    The page banner is the strip of images and text at the top of the page. In this case it would be a customized banner for the OKC group.

Go to the Waco, TX page, they have a decent one and you will see what I mean.

Brian,

I don't think the banner necessarily has to show OKC stuff, but I think it definitely think the design should be in the spirit of the main one--you know, morphed pictures and Episode font. I haven't the slightest clue as to how to make a banner. I can make something in Photoshop, but what are the dimensions that we are to follow? Sorry if these are answers are somewhere in the forums (too lazy to look!)

I guess one could meld OKC-specfic buldings into a "Courscant-like" picture, but I swear if anyone inserts an OU logo, I'll puke!! [face_devil]

Dammit--my days off were changed to Mon/Tues, and they were Wed/Thurs, but they still might change--but I don't think I can make the June Thurs meeting--errrg

4. ASkywlkr

ASkywlkr Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Hmmmmm....OU logo. Great Idea!!!! :D

Just Kidding. I've gotten some great pics that I think really represent OKC (not Norman). I'll have em combined with text and graphics and they should be done pretty soon.

Brian

5. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I could make a banner, but I'd rather not if it's going to be a contest. It takes me too much time. If you all would like for me to make one, let me know.

6. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    "...but I swear if anyone inserts an OU logo, I'll puke!!"

[face_laugh]
    Why is this?

7. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Dimensions for the banner:

Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - 764 x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
  9. RoboNerd

RoboNerd Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    Hey guys -- I have another banner to put forth, to see if you guys like it:

[image=http://www.ftsinc.net/jedi-okc-test.jpg]
    (Warning, it's 1284x964 pixels -- I run both my monitors at ridiculously high rez)

If you were at last Tuesday's chat you saw a prototype of it. Based on feedback I've made some changes. Comments? Suggestions? The big line underneath the "A" of "An Official FANFORCE Club" is the cursor in Dreamweaver. Pay it no mind.

BTW, in case you're wondering who's on the side banner -- from top to bottom: Reba McIntyre, Will Rogers, Jim Thorpe, Gene Autry, Garth Brooks, Mickey Mantle, Vince Gill.

+=o RoboNerd o=+

10. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    looks good but i still like the one we have already but keep up the great work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.