main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm sorry but this is one of those flights of fancy that I have every so often. I just had to write this scene because it has been floating around my head for ages.

Kit'

Kithera listened patiently as Sari began to tell her about her day starting with the waffles and ending when Kithera found her. The knight gave Sari a thoughtful look as the girl finished.

"You sound like you have had an eventful day. You will have to apologise to Mistress Kyliant and finish your assingment too. I'll help you be objective if you like although it is hard to do and I would agree that politics are boring." Kithera said softly studying the empty bottom of the biscuit jar.

"Master if you don't mind me asking but why did you say to Master Jinn that the council wouldn't let you have a padawan." Sari asked suddenly curious.

Kithera gave a bemused sort of smile and ran one hand across the side of her pony-tail. "Let's just say the council and I have never seen eye to eye. They say I am too flighty and irresponsible and I don't do much to change their opinion."

"Like what?" Sari asked suddenly interested in another side to her master.

"LIke getting half the temple drunk on spiked punch, like stealing Master Windu's boxers and flying them from the top of the senate towers. Like gluing Mster Yoda to his chair." By this time Kithera was giggling hysterically she regarded Sari for a second and then giggled even more. "Master Zahalin thought of it as a practical joke and I helped her carry it off. We snuck into the council chambers just before dawn and spread a layer of glue over Master Yoda's chair. He was stuck for seven hours until the temple technicians found a reversive. Master Zahalin went on a mission that day but I was stuck at home and when an enraged Master Yoda arrived at the door with the entire council at his back I hid in the air vents. They knew where I had gone so Mace Windu screwed all the air vents up so I couldn't get out. And then Master Yoda told the technicians to send blasts of cold air through every day or so, just for good measure."

"When did they let you out?" Sari asked,

"They let me out when Master Zahalin came home. I had the worst flu and so I spent the first few days in the healers lab. I ended up scrubbing the cafeteria floors for the rest of the term." Kithera giggled.

"Was Master Zahalin your master?" Sari asked suddenly.

"Yes." Kithera said bluntly not looking at Sari. Kithera wished that Sari would stop there and not ask anymore questions about her Master.

"Is she still around?" Sari asked. Kithera's face closed and her breathing quickened, she stood up and walked into the kitchen. She hated the way that she felt whenever someone mentioned her master's name. Trying to release her feelings to the force, Kithera almost banged her head against the cupboard. She was so stupid to still be carrying it around with her. Kithera vaguely heard Sari go into her room and close the door. Kithera sighed and went to get her drawings.

"Master?" Sari called out as she came out of her rooms, there was the smell of something cooking.

"Yes, Sari. Can you please clear the table for dinner?" Kithera called popping her face around the door. The knight was juggling the base for a pie and a cup of juice.

With a groan Kithera remembered that she had left her plans all over the table and her drawings especially the half finished one. Kithera pu the completed pie in the oven and put the dinner on the two plates. Sari was studying the different pictures. The girl looked up as Kithera plunked the plates onto the table.

"I didn't know that you could draw." Sari said holding up a drawing.

"I can't." Kithera said, "besides they are designs not drawings."

"You mean that you design clothes?" Sari asked with more astonishment.

"Sort of." Kithera said embarrased, "Mast...someone once told me that I should would have been a designer if I wasn't a Jedi. Would you like to see one?"

Sari nodded and held up her favourite design, it was like a ball dress with thousands of butterfli

2. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thankgoodness, okay now I have worked it out. page 56 wasn't working out. Sorry for the triple posts and all that inconvience. Eeek so sorry guys.

Kithera

3. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I know i am posting a lot but why isn't my posts comming up!!! ARGHHHH!!!

Kithera

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    yes! Kit', Jane, Musical Jedi and Amidolee are all back! woo hoo!

Soft voices woke Cassel from his slumber. His neck protested as his head shot up to find Leona bending over Lina, speaking softly.

"Master?" Lina's voice slurred slightly from sleep. "Shouldn't be in here. You might get the flu."

"It's fine, padawan. You're not contagious anymore. You're getting better."

"That worries me" answered Lina in a cranky tone. Cassel could hear the scowl in her voice. Leona laughed softly.

"Go back to sleep, Lina. We'll move you soon." And like Cassel before her, Lina allowed the Force-suggestion to work. The Palamedian watched as Leona lovingly arranged the blankets around Lina and felt her forehead again. The motherly gesture wrenched something in Cassel's chest. He suddenly felt like he was intruding on something.

The faint memory of mistaking Master Leona for his own mother rose from his emotions and he felt his cheeks redden in embarrassment.

"There is nothing to be ashamed of, Cassel" Leona said with her back still turned towards him. The teenager got up from the hard chair.

"Sorry, Master Leona."

"Nothing to be sorry for." The healer faced him with a kind smile.

"You heard my thoughts, huh?" Cassel said.

"It's rather hard to tune such loud ones out."

"That's what Lina said too." Leona watched with some amusement as Cassel stretched his limbs. "Can you teach me how to not do that? I mean, to shield?" he asked.

"Of course. We can practice that starting this week if you like."

Cassel nodded. Yes, the sooner the better.

"How are you feeling today?' Leona asked.

"Apart from the cramps in every muscle of my body, just fine." The complaint sounded rather good-natured.

"It was very kind of you to sit with me" said Leona as she handed him back the robe he had covered her with.

"I know Master An-Paj told me to stay in my room but-"

The healer placed a hand on his arm to stop his hurried explanation. "Don't worry about it. I think that perhaps An-Paj gets overzealous about keeping his patients immobile." Cassel grinned as Leona led him out of the room. "But he's not nearly as hard on you as he is with Padawan Kenobi."

"Kenobi? Is he related to the Kenobi that the Infirmary is named after?" asked Cassel. He recalled a paper sign taped over an entrance door with the words "Kenobi Ward" hand scrawled on it.

"He's the same Kenobi. We plan to bronze that sign soon" said Leona, cheerfully.

5. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Hehehehe!!! Kenobi Ward! I'm sure Obi would *love* to see that bronzed!

It's so sad that Ken is leaving. I hope it's only temporary. *looks pointedly at Kenobi Maul* ;)

6. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Hehehe.... he'd probably break through the glass doors on accident in rage when he saw it... *continues chuckling*

7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Leona waited as she waited for her call to be answered. Finally, the face of Depa Billaba appeared on her screen.

"Leona! Nice to see you" the Council member greeted.

"Hello Depa. It's nice to see you too."

Depa could feel the pleasantries being a bit strained. "What can I do for you?" she asked.

Grateful at getting to the point, Leona replied,"I'd like the Council to re-evaluate my student's case. Both of them."

The Council member did not look surprised b the request. "Recent reports we've gotten doesn't indicate we should change our decision."

"Well, I'm giving another "recent" report" Leona stated. "I think it'll be a good idea for the Council to re-think about what they...we are doing. I've already compromised my relationship with Lina by accepting the Council's orders. I won't continue with it."

"You believe Lina will act.....out at what we have decided?" Leona couldn't tell if it was a question or a statement. She liked Depa but like Mace, her loyalties to the Council made her so blind to basic human instincts sometimes.

"Wouldn't you act out if you were Lina?" she demanded. "This isn't just about her anymore. We're dealing with Cassel as well."

"We have a full agreement with the Govenor in regards to his son" reminded Depa.

"But Cassel is NOT a Jedi. We cannot expect the same response from him as we do from Lina. I thought the Council would know this by now." The last comment, Leona could tell made Depa internally wince. "Sorry" Leona added.

"I see you've been hanging around Qui-Gon. His defiant influence is rather apparent" joked Depa. Leona smiled in return. "I will submit your request but Leona...."

"I know, I know. I won't do anything until I hear from you. Thank you, Depa" The healer moved to turn off her telecom.

"Leona, wait." Depa leaned a bit closer towards the screen. "Please understand that the Council is not trying to hurt anyone. We just want to spare as much hardship as possible. It's more difficult that it used to be."

"I know, Depa. Everything is more difficult these days."

8. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Good posts, Lina!

9. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    *If I had the Force I would hurl you into the wall!*

Sari glared down at her datapad, at the flashing DO OVER sign. Her father had taught her to stick to her beliefs, and that's what she intended to do. Could no one understand that politics was just a face of evil? It had killed her mother, at least, that's how Sari saw it. If it hadn't been for Tessial's squabbling politics, Annalynn Ashta would be alive and with her daughter. Even Grandma Lynn had never been as kind and loving . . .

*Forget about it. Master Kit said you wouldn't be getting out of this, so just do it*

*No. Stick with it. Even if they fail you here, it doesn't matter because you will be going home soon.*

*No you won't. Has your father sent any word?*

"Shut up, Sari, shut up," Sari whispered. The arguing voices in her head was going to drive her mad. One side of herself wanted to believe that her father had sent messages, but something was wrong with the relay station. Why hadn't he contacted her? Was he safe? She couldn't lose him too!

Tears welled up in her eyes and she wiped away furiously. She didn't need red eyes again, and she didn't need anyone to see her in another fit. Not after yesterdays blunder. Sari chewed on the inside of her cheek, wondering absently if she could possibly come closer to death again today and if she would wind up saying something or doing something to hurt someone else. //I should apologize, but when I think about it, I wasn't in the wrong. Anyone else would have thought it funny//

Her back still ached occasionally from being dropped. Her head had been assaulted by the worst of headaches after that. At least the ground had been somewhat cushioned.

The bell suddenly chimed, jarring Sari from her thoughts. The Padawans all turned their tests and essays in. Sari stared in horror, realizing her essay was blank. She had completely and utterly screwed up again.

"Sariannalynn," Mistress Kyliank called. "Would you please hand in your essay?"

Sari gripped the desk and tried to collect herself. *Think fast, girl!* The princess stood up and carried her datapad over to the Jedi Mistress. "Um, I can't, Mistress."

"And why not?"

"Well, you see . . ." Sari trailed off, then suddenly, everything clicked. "I need more time. To write a proper essay to compensate for yesterday's behavior--however right I was--needs the proper extension. It will be done tomorrow."

The Mon Cal gave her a skeptical look. "Tomorrow. The beginning of class. Dismissed."

Sari could have been the fastest runner in the galaxy as she dashed out the door--

--and smacked straight into Obi-Wan.

"NOT AGAIN!!"

Everyone passing in the hall turned as both students cried out. Both fell back, Sari taking the hardest fall. No one seemed especially surprised by this and they continued on their way.

"Is this tradition?" Obi-Wan muttered, picking himself up.

Sari still lay on the floor, holding her head as the ceiling spun. She felt nauseated and extremely unsteady, even being on the floor. "Oohhh . . ." she moaned. She closed her eyes, willing the world to stop tipping on the wrong axis. She took deep breaths, trying to ease her throbbing head.

" . . . Sari? Are you all right?"

The voice boomed and she groaned, clamping hands over her ears. It was several seconds before the echoes and pounding eased. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking in surprise to see Obi-Wan and Mistress Kyliank looking down upon her with their concerned faces. She groaned again, not in pain, but realizing she had once again managed to smack the Padawan.

"Sith," she muttered. She sat up quickly. Too quickly. "Ohh," she moaned, one hand flying to her head, the other reaching out to grip something. Kyliank caught her from falling back.

"Take deep breaths," the Mistress ordered, for once not in a severe state of mind.

Sari obeyed and waited until the waves stopped rocking before she opened her eyes again. "I'm fine," she said, her voice woosy and faint.

"It's best to take her down to the h

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Heehee! I just loved this part! :)

>>"Next time you save my life I'll just punch >>your lights out. How about that?"

>>"Then I won't save your life," Obi-Wan >>shrugged. "It'd save me a black eye."

Great stuff, everyone!

aa :D

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    SOMEBODY POST!!!!!!!!!

:D Thank you!

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Uh...okay...a post then.

Lina was beginning to see why so many patients asked when they could leave. The infirmary was so incredibly boring! Even though a headache still pounded away and dizziness still kept her from walking straight, Lina was ready to do battle with the Sith to relieve her boredom.

She desperately wished for something to do. Someone to talk with. Someone except Master An-Paj. Everything about the infirmary was so different as a patient. An-Paj's cheerful manner seemed to irritate her incessantly now.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Just a headache. Nothing serious." The blue healer didn't miss the desperation in Lina's voice.

"I'm keeping you here for another three days, Lina. So telling me lies won't get you out of here any faster."

"Three days?! For what?!" she cried.

"Observation."

"But I'm not that sick!" she protested.

"Now you sound like Padawan Kenobi" An-Paj commented.

"You're just torturing me because he's not here under your mercy" the padawan stated, sourly.

"I won't pretend that's not true" joked An-Paj with good humor that annoyed Lina.

"Hope he runs into a wall and gets here soon" Lina grumbled.

An-Paj laughed. "Knowing his track record, padawan, I don't think that's completely out of the realm of possibility. He's already gotten another student in here with his wonderful sense of direction."

"Well, even if Obi-Wan can't be here, I guess his memory lives fondly on in those he lands in the Infirmary."

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sari had been awake for only about thirty minutes, and she was down right bored. An-Paj had greeted her back to the land of the living in good humor, clucking his tongue as he examined her and making wry comments about walls and Kenobi's legendary mishaps with landing himself and other Padawans in the infirmary. Sari might have been amused, if it wasn't for the fact that her head still hurt and she wanted to get away from this cheerful alien.

The Master Healer had told her she'd suffered from a minor concussion. He asked her if she had had one before, which was no, but she had hit her head yesterday. He asked why, and her only reply was "Obi-Wan. Surprised?" An-Paj had laughed almost to tears, not at all suprised. 'We ought to get a warrant on that one' he had said.

Sari felt both sick physically and mentally. For the life of her, she just couldn't understand why her good health record was going down hill, along with her education and temperment. //Maybe I can donate myself to science// she muttered to herself. //Cut me up into little pieces and puzzle over why a girl of seventeen would do this to herself//

"Oh, no," a woman's voice jarred Sari out of her grumblings. "What happened to you?"

"Kenobi," An-Paj sang cheerfully from another room.

The petite healer rolled her eyes. "So, why isn't he here?"

"I've been puzzling over that for hours," An-Paj replied. "Lina's awake."

"Good. I'll check on her." The blonde healer disappeared into another room and An-Paj returned. He carried a tray of what appeared to be food. He smiled in his cheerful way and placed the tray on a small cart.

"Feeling better?"

"Enough to get out of here," Sari mumbled, sitting up against the large, propped pillows. "What's all that?"

"Dinner."

Sari grimaced. "Um, I'm not hungry." Her stomach growled.

An-Paj chuckled. "Not hungry, huh?" He maneuvered the cart and pressed a button. The tray slid out and hovered over Sari's lap. "Leona suggested Yoda's gruel, but we only save that for Jane and Kenobi. he's quite fond of it."

"I doubt that," Sari said, feeling as if she would turn green. She looked at the steaming contents. "Um, what is this stuff?"

"A specialty from Galactic Cuisine," An-Paj practically sang. "Every Padawan's favorite course. Good food. Master Ruj's infamous for his cooking."

The silver shading of her skin shimmered as she caught a whiff of the steam. She nearly gagged. "I sincerely pray you are joking."

"Nope. Eat, eat, eat."

With slow, dubious movements, Sari picked up her spoon and took a small bite of the disgusting looking stew. The first taste was merely hot and steamy, then the flavors settled onto her tongue and down her throat. Sari was caught between gagging and swallowing. It's after taste left a tingling in her throat. The warm tickles sank down her stomach and rose back up.

And suddenly her headache was gone.

"Oh, wow," Sari murmured. "What is this stuff?"

"A secret recipe," An-Paj smiled. He turned and presented another platter to her. It was far more appetizing than the stew. "Here's your dinner."

Sari gobbled the food down.

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "One day? Please, just one day without something happening to you!" Kithera whined as she looked Sari over.

The princess gave her Master a baleful look. "Believe me, I didn't plan on it."

"No one ever does, sweetie," Kithera sighed. "I'll have to talk Qui-Gon into letting the technicians put some kind of alarm or force-field around him." She smiled teasingly. "And you."

Sari grimaced. "I'm sorry, Master."

"I know you didn't mean to," Kithera said. She looked around the infirmary. "This place is a drag, isn't it? I've always wanted to paint the walls with clouds and rainbows, but An-Paj wouldn't let me."

"Oh, not this again," An-Paj moaned from his desk. "I don't want this place to look like the creche." He suddenly brightened. "If you do want to decorate it, I've got all of those snapshots of every single injury Kenobi's been in for. Well, from age three that is."

"We'd have to make an expansion," Leona commented.

Kithera rolled her eyes. "Come on, guys, he isn't *that* bad!" The two healers exchanged a look. The Knight threw her hands up in the air. "If Qui-Gon knew you made bets and talked about his Padawan like this . . ."

The two healers burst into laughter.

"What?" Kithera demanded.

"Have you ever wondered where he got so many credits to buy you gifts?" An-Paj chuckled. "He's been down here a few times to place bets himself!"

Kithera stared, mouth gaping in disbelief. "But he's always grumbling about your thoughtless jests at Obi's injuries!"

"You think he'd actually *tell* Obi-Wan about them?" An-Paj asked in merriment. "The odds might change if Kenobi knew about his own Master's advantage."

"You're all sick!" Kithera giggled, trying to regain some sort of control. She sat down at the edge of Sari's bed and gripped her stomach.

Sari watched the adults. They were insane. The Jedi were insane! Their laughter was infectious, and a giggle escaped from her lips. Once one escaped, the rest followed. Sari was soon howling with the others, not really knowing why, only that it felt good to laugh. It took several moments before Leona gained control. She coughed and cleared her throat. Kithera wiped at her eyes and An-Paj chewed on his stylus. Sari breathed deeply, trying to keep from grinning madly at the tearful adults.

"If he came in and heard you all," Sari said after a moment, shaking her head. "Don't you ever feel sorry for him?"

They all looked at each other. Leona reached into her pockets and withdrew several credit chips. "Nope," she said after a moment. "I've got enough here to get a pretty nice outfit."

That brought another bout of laughter from the healers.

The infirmary was quiet now and Sari was alone--except for the sithly datapad sitting in her lap. Kithera had made the point that now she had time to finish the essay. All of Sari's other classes were caught up in examinations, so she wouldn't have to make up work there. Lightsaber was the only class she would be missing out on. It disappointed her a little, but she was too busy being bored to worry about it.

There was no way of getting out of the re-write. Sari still didn't want to write a boring comparison between planetary governments. But perhaps she could write a comparison of the Jedi and the basics of politics. That'd really stir Kyliank up. As much as the Jedi were looked upon as religious crusaders, they really were a political body and organization.

Sari smirked and began to write.

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey guys, Rani wanted me to tell yall that she's been reading but can't post because the board won't let her. So she's trying to get that worked out.
    Some great post by the way :)

16. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    "Not a single data pad? How about Alternative Medical Practices? I still haven't finished reading that paper on binding trances." Lina hoped Master Leona would yield but the healer firmly shook her head.

"Nothing but rest, padawan. No data pads, no working."

"But Master, I'll fall behind! I already have to make up for all my exams!" protested Lina.

"I've spoken with your teachers. You will make them up next week. This won't affect your continued schooling."

"Next week! That's not nearly enough time! I need my data pads!"

"The answer is no, Lina."

The padawan crossed her arms and glared at Leona. "What else am I supposed to do here? Sit around and worry about my exams instead of studying for them?"

"You are to sleep, eat and rest. That's it."

"I'm tired of sleeping. I feel like I've been sleeping all day."

"Then try eating" Leona suggested and pushed a tray towards her. Lina took a few unenthusiastic bites of the colorless mush. "If you follow the healers instructions, you'll be out of here before you know it."

"Oh, whoa! Deja vu."

"Excuse me?" Leona gave Lina a puzzled look.

"Except...you were me and I was Obi-Wan."

"You should practice what you preach" the healer laughed.

"Yeah, I'd like to see Master An-Paj say that when he gets stuck in here. It's so boring, Master! I almost want to see Cassel, I'm so desperate for company" Lina lamented.

"Well, thank you very much" Leona replied with mock offense.

"You'll leaving in a few minute. Then I'll be alone again. Can't I at least visit the other patients? I'm not contagious anymore."

"No, padawan. Stay in bed or I'll put a force-field around this door." Leona wasn't sure if the threat would work. When Lina got bored the girl usually did anything to try and find something to do.

"You're just like Master An-Paj" complained Lina. "You live to torment helpless patients. Obi-Wan was right all along. When I become a healer, I won't do this to my patients."

"We'll see about that" Leona replied in a knowing voice. "Think of this as a learning experience, then. Now you know how your patients must feel."

"I've had enough of the enlightenment experience. Do I really have to say here for three days?"

"You know the answer to that."

"But three days??" Lina's voice was dangerously reaching a whining tone.

"Or until Obi-Wan gets himself in here and we evil healers get to transfer our sadistic practices" replied the smaller healer with a grin.

Lina groaned and went back to eating her food. The much talked about padawan hadn't been injured himself all day it seemed. Just those in close contact with him. "Trust Obi-Wan to pick now to break a perfect record" she muttered.

"I feel your pain, padawan" Leona said with exaggerated sympathy. "I've lost 20 credits today alone."

17. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Kirstan looked dubiously at the infirmary. *Just for a second. You're a master - you should *not* bed afraid of the healers.*

Pushing through the door, she spotted An-Paj. Putting her hands out in mock surrender, she walked up. "I'm not sick. I'm not injured. I just want some supplies."

"Supplies? I thought you were going to teach. Don't tell me you're going on a mission!"

"Yeah, a mission to keep all the stubborn ones alive. I plan on camping out ringside tomorrow and patching up all the healerphobic padawans."

"And masters I'm sure."

Smiling, Kirstan watched as the blue skinned healer disappeared into a supply closet. Appearing a moment later laden with bacta pads and burn wrap he stuffed them into a bag. "You know, I will have healers there."

"You know, no one will see them until it's over or they're dying."

"True. I have the Kenobi ward ready to go. This streak of his won't survive an afternoon of saber contests."

Chuckling to herself, Kirstan reached into her pocket. "By the way, Qui-Gon wanted to place a wager... for the Kenobi pool."

Standing the the middle of the kitchen, Kirstan stared at the cupboards. A voice from the living room broke of confused silence. "Do you actually know how to cook?"

Shaking her head, Kirstan continued to stare - this time at the cookbook laid out on the counter. Purposefully avoiding Nicholae's question, she didn't see him put down his datapad and stalk into the kitchen. "You do know this would be easier if you let me do it, don't you?"

"I just wanted to do something special. K'vel has been avoiding being home you know."

"Of course, but if you cook, you'll kill us all."

Allowing herself to be nudged to the side, Kirstan took the role of spectator as Nicholae bustled around the kitchen.

*How does he do that?*

18. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    >>Of course, but if you cook, you'll kill us >>all."

Hahahahaha! So much humor today...I love it!

aa :D

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The Force whispered to him, the air shifted to his right. Obi-Wan lunged forward, bringing his lightsaber sizzling through the air.

GLANK!

The probe droid crashed to the floor. Obi-Wan whirled around as the Force rippled, bringing his lightsaber up and deflecting three darts zeroing in at his chest. He sensed Qui-Gon moving across the room, and suddenly had a clear picture of what obstacles his Master faced. Obi-Wan then saw what obstacles were trying to inflict him and attacked the flying probes. He leaped over a fallen bench and somersaulted in the air, slashing with his blue blade.

GLANK-GLANK!

Two probes fell victim to the assault. Obi-Wan felt sweat bead down his forehead and seep in under his blindfold. Qui-Gon was busy tangling with a rather stubborn and clever razor spinner. Obi-Wan sensed a dart probe vectoring off at the Jedi Master.

//Watch your back, Master!//

Qui-Gon's green blade sudden shot behind him, just in time to parry five darts. //Thanks, Padawan//

"Battle Ground 4 complete."

Obi-Wan ripped off his blindfold and wiped the sweat off his forehead. The walls retracted and the probes returned to their shelves. The illumination banks flickered on and the door lock turned green.

"Good work," Qui-Gon breathed, wiping his own brow. "You are learning well, Padawan."

Obi-Wan grinned and clipped his lightsaber back on his belt. Another notice had gone out by the Council, and this one not refering to him. Padawans could carry their lightsabers out of katas class again. The Padawan was able to regard the Council in more pleasant sense now that they weren't fully focused on him and . . . her.

The boy's mood clouded for a moment, but he pushed it away and concentrated on his Master. "Ready for another round, Master, or are you getting too old?"

Qui-Go shot him a bemused look. "Getting a little confident, aren't you?"

Obi-Wan shrugged and Qui-Gon reached out to ruffle his spiky hair. Obi-Wan made a face and tried to fix the rumpled mess. The Master chuckled and headed for the door. "You won't be too upset if I have dinner with Kithera, would you?"

"Master!" Obi-Wan cried. "Is this a new form of torture? You could at least give me some leftovers!"

"Oh, but you've forgotten, Padawan," Qui-Gon said. "You stole our breakfast. It's only fair."

"You're evil," Obi-Wan accussed. "Truly evil. How about you move in with her and I can have the apartment to myself?"

"You'll be down in the healers in an instant," Qui-Gon pointed out. He calculated just how many credits would be in the pool by now.

Obi-Wan scowled at him, not appreciating the amusement in his Master's eyes. "Forget it. Forget I said anything. Go eat your food."

"I was only joking, Padawan."

"Please don't do that, Master," Obi-Wan said, almost whining. "I've had enough of people teasing me for one day."

20. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    K'vel drug himself home after another intense practice session against nearly a dozen remotes. If he was going to show at all well in the competitions tomorrow he needed to be at the top of his form. His recent matches with Zare had only proven how much farther he had to go with his sabre skills.

After punching in the door code, K'vel was very surprised that a cloud of thick, black smoke had not billowed out into the hallway. Nor was the air permiated with the scent of something burning. In fact, something smelled down right delicious.

"Master?" he called toward the kitchen. "Did you change your mind about cooking and order in from the cafeteria?"

"Very funny, K'vel," Kirstan grumbled as she stepped out of the kitchen. "Nicholae is cooking for us." She took in his mussed appearance with a critical eye.

"You have time to clean up, if you hurry."

"Yes, Master." K'vel hurried into the refresher for a quick shower, and Kirstan stood staring after him for a while before returning to the kitchen.

"He's home?"

"Yes." Kirstan laid a hand on Nicholae's arm. "Please, I don't know what it is between you two, but we need to get over it before we all become basket cases."

"Honey," Nichole pulled the food off the warmer and looked her straight in the eyes. "I think that it's as simple as this: K'vel doesn't want to get in between us and make you choose, but he doesn't want to leave you either. And he doesn't particularly like me. So, he avoids home, except when he's certain it's just you."

"Well, that's all logical and perfectly reasonable, but it's not going to work for very much longer. The term is almost over." Kirstan shook her head in frustration. "You two need to work this out. I've tried and it doesn't seem to be helping any."

They were interrupted by the sound of K'vel returning from his room. The young man entered the kitchen, his red-brown hair still damp from his shower.

"That certainly smells good, sir." There was a certain stiffness in the padawan's voice, but the compliment was obviously sincere.

"Thank you, K'vel. It's one of Kirstan's favorites. I love to make it for her."

K'vel fidgeted for a bit, not knowing what else to say, then escaped to the living room, to wait for the meal to be ready.

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    *Balms: Cuma, Pensa, Trak-kab, Colpan, Vermin...no, wait...*

Cassel glanced back at this data pad. *Vormim, that's it.* Although Cassel had been excused from the exams, his teachers had warned him that they expected him to take the midterms of the next semester and he had a lot to learn by then. It really wasn't that bad. Cassel was actually finding most of his classes enjoyable.
    *Well, except for Galactic Economics. That class is duller than being stuck in the infirmary.* The teen briefly wondered if Master Leona had heard that. She had been helping him practice shielding and he hadn't quite got the hang of it yet.

The apartment was strangely still without either Leona or Lina. Or maybe it was just because Cassel was more aware of it. His first day back to classes hadn't been as terrible as he had expected. His masters on the whole were willing to give him another chance at being a descent student. And after being stuck in a room all by himself, Cassel's mind was ready to delve into anything. He could only imagine how stir crazy Lina must be by now. Master Leona had told him she wasn't going to be released for another three days.

Cassel had considered visiting Lina. But after what had happened in the past few days he thought against it. *She probably never wants to see me again.* Turning back to his data pad, Cassel sipped his mug of tea and grimaced. *These food processors really make lousy Palamedian tea leaves. In fact, the food processors on Couresant made lousy Palamedian everything.*

The sound of the telecom brought Cassel from his thoughts. Flipping it on, he saw a familiar face.

"Ajir!"

"Hello Mr. Benlar. I'm calling to see how you are recovering." Cassel ignored the formal title and smiled. He almost missed Ajir's nasal voice.

"I'm doing fine, Ajir. How's it going with you?"

Cassel saw the small Palamedian blink in surprise. "Uh...just fine, Mr. Benlar" he said awkwardly. "Thank you for inquiring."

"No problem." The teenager laughed at Ajir's surprised discomfort. "Thanks for calling."

"Is there anything you need, Mr. Benlar? While I'm talking to you I thought to ask."

"No, I don't think so. Thanks all the sa- wait." Cassel glanced at his tea mug. "Actually, there are a few things you could send over. Express."

"Of course."

"Ah...got a pen?"

Ajir quickly reached for one as Cassel began to state out a list.

22. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    double post. my bad.

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Uh...where is page 57? I think I'm having the same problem as Kit' before.

24. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    It's there, just taking it's sweet time about showing up. Perhaps, since we are well over 1000 posts here, we should consider starting a new thread?

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I second that. This board can handle a lot more than the UBB could, but anything over a 1000 has got to be a bit difficult to handle.

Who's going to start the next one? And whoever does, but a CAPSLOCK notice up in here so we all know, okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.