main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Paying for Downloaded MP3

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Uilmuteiz, Jan 1, 2004.

?

Paying for Downloaded MP3

Poll closed Jan 8, 2004.
  1. I find it to be very incoherent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sure I don't mind paying 0.99$ a song

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. It's ok as long as I know it's for support of the artist

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    To all those Lars/Metallica supporting sheep out there, if it was about the freakin' art, they'd give it away for free online so more people could feel their pain/smiles/hugs/meaning. They sell it so they don't have to have a 9-5, period. The fan community is the perfect example. Some of the fanaudio and fanfilms out there are of such pro quality they could be sold. Besides the legal issues, some wouldn't becuase they are expressing their love for the genre and subject matter.

Is it wrong to sell a movie, or make a CD? No. Course not. But the minute you agree to accept money, you have crossed the line between amatuer and pro, and then the money becomes the source.

**pant, pant**
    Sorry. I feel strongly because there are a lot of people that think that the music industry is getting robbed. It is. Same with software, and movies being cracked, hacked, and smacked. And I am guilty, I admit. Most have done it at least once. But please don't listen when someone who uses their talent to convey a message, then collects money for says they do it for the fans, or for the sake of art. If what they say is so truely life altering or meaningful, then why limit it to those that have the green?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.