main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    They'd better finish it properly this time before releasing it. I think a lot of players of KOTOR2 would be very cautious about any future releases based on it, after the bug-ridden, half finished experience that held so much promise.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Bioware didn't do KotOR2, Obsidian did. I've mostly heard good things about Bioware, so this should be good.

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I loved the first KOTOR so hopefully that's a good indication then.

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I liked the first KOTOR, but lost interest as it seemed to drag on a little bit. Lost it due to hardware failure and couldn't be bothered working through it again to finish.

But a proper skill based (not clickity-click mouse button smashing) MMORPG would be great

5. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Anyone taken a look at Tabula Rasa yet?

Looks pretty cool.

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Fury? - new free pc game.. 2.93gb download. Based on the unreal 3 engine, so at new at least. Other than that, I have no idea what it's about. Out of quota for the month

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've had a look at the Fury site. It seems to be PvP like the Tekken or Soul Calibur games but played over the internet. It only seems to be free to play, and not free to buy.

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    But if you can play, then why buy? Unless there's some big restrictions?

If anyone needs a giggle or some real reviews, ie: not influenced by sponsors; then Zero Puncutation is for you! He only does 1 review a week, but it's worth the wait. PLEASE NOTE: He does use Adult language and themes, so if you're under 18 refrain from clicking the link.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm guessing it's like Guild Wars. With Guild Wars there are no fees to play the game, but in order to play the game you need a licence key and you have to pay for those.

Edit: I've just watched all those reviews and I loved every single one. [face_love]

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, Sometimes have to watch them a few times to get both what's being said and what's being written on screen.

Great though.

11. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Finally got to play and quickly finish COD4. Really liked the storyline and the on-going narrative/game play mix. AI is fairly basic though and predictably pattern based. Great that the game has expanded from the tired WW2 scenarios. Will again finally begin playing Crysis this weekend.

Looking forward to the online Conan game.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Online Conan game?

13. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
  14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, that looks good. I'm wanting to watch the Conan films now. :D

15. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    I recently saw a review for a game called Penumbra: Black Plague. Has anyone heard of it? (There's a prequel called Oblivian, I think...) Just wondered if it was worth getting or not, as it's one of the few new releases that my old PC would actually run (being pre-Pixel Shader... Grr... :mad: )

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Haven't seen anything about it.. but might do a little research into it now though, like Oblivion a lot.

Just getting into Crysis now since playing the demo a lot.. Added a couple of cheapo high end graphics cards (SLI) to get the performance out if it..

For Crysis players I can recommend downloading this to get the most out of the game. Increases performance (unfortunately for mid-high range pc's mostly) and makes everything look super cool... download the file, install, choose the setup that's closest to your pc's settings and blam - looks fantastic. Even changes the time of day environmental settings (ie lighting etc) to look better.

Definitely hanging on for GTA4 mind you, it's the game I'm most looking forward to this year.

17. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Anybody read much about the supposed KOTOR MMO game? Information seems to be pretty sparse at this point...thought it sounded interesting though.

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's about it.

Way back when, and I still believe this, I said in TFN that KOTOR III was in the works. It's very possible that much of the artwork, character designs and general ideas from that project are now part of the KOTOR MMO. Course, it could always be released as KOTOR III anyway. It's just good to see they're working on a project in that era, it deserves to have more attention.

The Clone Wars game looks interesting. A lightsabre game done right could be a lot of fun, especially with motion control.

19. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah that clone wars game on the wii looks cool.....could possibly be the one game that convinces me to buy a wii he he. That said MS and Sony will probably copy Ninty soon enough and bring out motion control stuff of their own.

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I loved the KOTOR games so a mmo version could be very promising. I just home they take their time with the development. The lucasarts forums were jam packed with people who had problems with bugs in kotor 2 and I copped a lot of the bugs myself. Not that I think the developers themselves would willingly release something not quite finished but they were apparently pressured in to rushing its release in time for christmas sales.

21. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I loved KOTOR 1&2 but as you say....the second one probably could have used some more development. From recollection some of the sub-plots weren't really finished/resolved by the end of the game either.

I'm a bit cautious of MMO's....have tried a few different ones but I never seem to have the staying power to make any real progress in them.

22. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I am looking forward to some free Battlefield Heroes when it is out.

--Battlefield Heroes? is a brand new Play 4 Free game from the people that brought you the multi-million selling Battlefield 1942? and Battlefield 2?
    --It's a fun cartoon-style shooter which caters to players of all skill levels ? easy to pick up and play, but with deep character development
    --It will be released for the PC as a free download in 2008

23. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    According to palgn the force unleashed demo will be online next week I think it was.

Very exciting!!!!!! Can't wait.

24. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm looking forward to The Force Unleashed, although I will probably be getting it for the PS3.

25. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Sweet.

I'll be getting it for x360 but It'll be awesome on any platform I'd say!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.