main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Persona

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Detective Mark Stoker

Mark let the other officers talk, partly so he could get the measure of them, but mostly because he didn't want to speak with them more than was strictly necessary. So, there was a fellow Brit in the group, though she looked more like an adolescent rockstar wannabe than the Detective he presumed she was, one guy who looked and acted like some cowardly con artist or pulpy detective novel guy, and two other men who may have had interesting quirks but weren't as obvious with them. Oh yeah, and the Comissioner.

So now the whole merry crew were heading off to SeaTac in an assortment of vehicles. He'd been offered a ride by the coward, and was happy to take it. Any car that he might have had would still be back in London, England.

"You, the smoking one." he pointed at him. "Hate to interrupt the lover's spat you've got going on, but I'm growing a beard here. And in case either of you think of back-talking me..." he pulled out his ID and showed it to them. "Detective Stoker, Internal Affairs. I'll be grading you on your murder. Now get in the fragging [Livi note: I'm using 'frag' in the place of other, less civilized words. Yes, I'm aware Mark is betraying his limited volcabulary :p] car."

[TAG DVC, Zelda]

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    London

London laughed.

"I dunno. Lewis got a call, something happened down on the tarmac. We're supposed to go check it out."

He looked at the clock - just over 3 AM. This was going to be a long night. Whatever happened down at SeaTac, it had better be something easy.

"So what d'you think happened? With Cheseler, I mean."

Tag: Grove

Lewis/Wilkins

Lewis sighed. The detectives were all headed off down to the airport, even when only a few were needed. At least Stoker would have a chance to get them on their own there.

The sound of his own name got his attention.

"Lewis!" It was Wilkins, rushing up to meet him. The little man's face was flushed.

"Anything new?" asked Lewis.

"Yeah. Yeah, you could say that."

Tag: None for Lewis and Wilkins

3. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Trey Grove

"So what d'you think happened? With Cheseler, I mean."

Trey shrugged his shoulders, then slightly winced at the sharp pain inflicted on the bullet wound in his right on. "Couldn't tell ya," he responded. "But something is pretty clear that the others failed to mention. The precision of that shot was remarkable, straight through the chest, in and out. No shells were left behind, no traces whatsoever of the killer. We're dealing with an expert here."

Trey halted for a second as he had to get in another lane quickly as to not miss the next exit. He looked over at London. "Could've been a hitman."

Tag: London

4. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    IC:Zelda Zeppelin

She slammed the door and went over to the man.
    "excuse me? What did you say to me? You mind saying that again? So I didn't see someone arrive, sue me for it. And you call doctors-they come and get them. I know that, I am not stupid. and lastly, that car, I got it a few years back, and I paid cash for it. I made alot of money playing up on stage, too bad my drummer got killed and our band split up. Now, you shut up, get in your own car and get outta my buisness, cause I didn't ask for your crummy opinion. got it? GOOD!" She went back to her car, flung open the door, a little harder than expected and slammed it back after her. She put the keys in and the engine roared to life. She stepped on the gas and it flew backwards, out of the driveway, and up the road. Before long, she was close behind the first two to leave. She popped in Decemberunderground and the screams of Kill Caustic filled the small car.
    Love these screams, like I do...

TAG:DVC/new dude

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

"That's actually a pretty good theory," said London, frowning in thought.

He sighed, reaching for his pills, before realizing they were in his pants pocket. He squirmed in his seat, reaching for them, finding them, and pulling them into the growing light.

"Ah. There we go."

He swallowed one, then continued speaking.

"Anyways, a hitman is a pretty good theory, because we have so little evidence. I mean, there's a body, and a few bloodstains, but other than that, it's clean. A pro hit makes sense."

He looked over at Grove.

"But the IRA coming in pretty much makes them clean."

Lewis/Wilkins

Lewis bent over Cheseler's now-pale body. Wilkins was pulling away the robe and PJs, pointing at something beneath Cheseler's left pectoral. The man was astonishingly fit for someone pushing sixty, and Lewis couldn't help but admire his physique.

Wilkin's extreme pronunciation brought him back to the present.

"So, as you can see, the bullet went between the ribs, through the lung, and out again. He died of suffocation."

"I thought you said it was one clean shot through the heart."

Wilkins grimaced. "That was, ah, the fault of one of my interns..."

"So you say. Anyways?"

Wilkins eagerly continued. "Okay, so, through the lung, correct? The bullet was at close range, not close enough to create a huge gaping hole, but close enough so that residue is left on Sir Richard's body."

"Residue? This is all pushing it a little too far. How can you tell?"

"We ran the standard tests, like I told you."

"Standard?" repeated Lewis.

"Well, my standards. So we ran my standard tests, and this came up: gunpowder-"

"Gunpowder? That's it?"

Wilkins ahem-ed noisily. "As I was saying, gunpowder and metal filings. From the barrel of a gun."

Tag: Any

6. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

"But the IRA coming in pretty much makes them clean."

Trey shook his head, thinking. "It doesn't make sense. Why would the IRA want Cheseler dead? Did he ever have connections with them?"

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Dirk Gently
    Outside

Normaly, he would have responded in a calm, intellectual manner that was of his up bringing. Rather than stoop to her level, he would have rised higher, and made her look like a fool. But he didn't. For some odd reason, even though he wasn't really an officer, and he didn't have to answer to Internal Affairs, he still didn't like angry men with badges and guns.

"I'd love to finish this Conversation Zelda, but we do have a crime to solve...Hop on in Detective..." He quickly glanced at the badge, "Stoker...Any relation to Bram?" He joked, as the man, Mark was it?, clambered into the once-pink Cadillac and Gently fired it up, giving it a second to warm up before starting towards where ever London's car was going, since he was terrible with direction and assumed it would be best to just follow a vechicle anyway.

"So, Detective, It's a pleasure to meet you," He said, sticking out his free hand, "Private Investigator Dirk Gently, at your service."

Tag: Livi

OOC: Livi, how is it that we always end up in these Detective RPGs together?

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Call it Fate or the Force DVC :p

[b]IC: Detective Mark Stoker[/b]
    [i]
    "So, Detective, It's a pleasure to meet you,"[/i] Said Cowardly, once there were safely inside the car and the girl had zoomed off in her own vehicle. [i]"Private Investigator Dirk Gently, at your service."[/i]

Mark declined to take the man's hand, fastening his seat belt and casting around for a cigarette. He only occasionaly smoked, but this lot were already setting his nicotine addiction into gear.

"Charmed, I'm sure." Mark replied sarcastically, finding one and lighting it, taking a long drag, before deadpanning; "What a very original remark about Bram Stoker. Really. I have never heard it before. You are quite the wit." the tone changed from forced jolliness to a hostile growl. "Now let's get to the airport, yeah? Heaven knows how long it'll be beofre these jokers kill someone else."
    [b]
    [TAG DVC][/b]

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

"Well, he is, or was, knighted. You know, with the 'Sir' and all that. But you're right, I don't think they'd waste time with him. Go for a true Royal instead of him."

London went to shake out another pill, but the clear yellow tube was empty.

"Great. Hey, could we pull over at the pharmacist's? I'm running on empty."

TAG: Grove

10. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    From her seat outside the front door, Anna overheard them speaking of being shot through a lung and of finding metal filings and gunpowder. She walked inside to see what else they had found, and ask a few questions.

"What did you get from the filings? Metal type? Anything?"

TAG: Lewis

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Lewis/Wilkins

Lewis turned to speak with Jons, but Wilkins cut him off.

"We're not sure of the metal type, but we know it's from a handgun, silenced."

Lewis stared at Wilkins. "A silencer? How d'you know that?"

"Standard tests."

Lewis frowned. "Oh."

Tag: Jons

12. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She kept close on the tail of the two leading detectives who drove out first. She turned the music up a bit louder and sped up just a bit. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of something on the visor. She reached up and grabbed it, to pull out a old picture. It was from a few years back, when the band had first gotten the record deal. Their main manager, her brother, was standing over to the side, with the other manager, who shot him later on. They never found a motive, but nevertheless, the fellow manager killed him and was sentenced to death for murder. She sighed and put it back, this time visible, and not obstructed by the overflow of CDs. She turned the volume up as loud as it would go, and listened to the unusual lyrics, losing herself in her own thoughts.

TAG:uhh....

13. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    En Route to Tarmac

"Charmed, I'm sure." Mark replied sarcastically, finding one and lighting it, taking a long drag, before deadpanning; "What a very original remark about Bram Stoker. Really. I have never heard it before. You are quite the wit." the tone changed from forced jolliness to a hostile growl. "Now let's get to the airport, yeah? Heaven knows how long it'll be beofre these jokers kill someone else."

"Yes, I am quite the wit." He said in a similarly forced tone, "And, just to make sure you are clear on the case, they aren't jokers...they're soldiers. Irish ones none the less...How in the world they can shoot straight all drunk and what not. Killer boxers from what I hear though...So, Detective, I'm not one for small talk..."

14. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

"Great. Hey, could we pull over at the pharmacist's? I'm running on empty."

Trey turned on his left blinker and switched lanes. "Yeah, sure. I could use a bottle of water myself." He slowly pulled into the small parking lot of Walgreen's, wondering what kind of medications London was using. Albeit he was suspicious, now was not the time to ask.

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

"Good. Pull over here," he said.

Grove did so, and they got out, walking into the pharmacy. London made a beeline for the back, and pulled out a prescription. The pharmacist glanced at it, as London took out his container.

"Alrighty, sir, this'll just take a few minutes."

London sat down, and reached for his wallet. That was something he'd never get used to, paying for medication. One of the trade offs for living in the US. At least Seattle was enough like Vancouver. He reached for a magazine. Even this early, newspapers were already dicing up the tense case. But it was the magazines that got his attention.

Sir Richard Killed By Irish Mafia

Brit Ambassador Target of Pro Hit

Alien Knight Rubbed out by Irish Cult! Details Inside!

At least there was nothing about him. Yet.

16. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    IC - Anki Jons

"A silencer? So he could have been shot anytime after we hd left, we could have been standing outside..."

Anya tried to remember who was still there when she had left, but she could not.

"Do you have a time frame for the murder?"

TAG: Lewis

17. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

The lights of the store were quite bright, contrast to the early morning sky, to the point where Grove had to squint slightly after stepping through the automatic sliding doors.

As London headed to the back where the pharmacy was, Grove walked over the the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of Aquafina. He preferred Dasani, but this was the only brand they carried, so he headed to the register.

He gave the bottle to the cashier, and she ran it over the scanner.

"One dollar," she said.

Grove reached for his wallet and pulled out the rectangular piece of paper with George Washington's circular portrait on it. He handed it to the cashier as she handed him the bottle of water. "Thank you," he said, and walked to the pharmacy.

When he got there, he saw London looking at a few magazines, all printed with some form of headline similar to the case that they were investigating.

"Word travels fast, huh?" he said to London as he took a sip of the refreshing water.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

"A bit too fast. At least they're all on the murder itself, and not those involved. Yet."

The pharmacist had returned. London stood again, and paid for his medication. He zoned out when the man old him exactly what he was putting into his body; he never understood a word of it.

"...and Dr. Soresgard has also prescribed these pills here - lithium salts - that you should take whenever you feel overly stressed or angry. Okay?"

London nodded. "Alright."

"So, that'll be thirty-five fifty."

London nodded, and took his meds to the checkout. He picked up a Coke on the way. Paying for them without much thought, he turned to Grove.

"Okay, let's go."

19. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She noticed just in time that the car she was following was stopping. They turned into the parking lot. Them out of her way, she sped the car up past the speed limit, luckily no cops were nearby. She kept on, inching the speed up higher and higher, towards where everybody was headed.
    She made a sharp turn into the lot, leaving a few skid marks and a bit of smoke on the dark road. SHe parked the midnight-black car, and sat ther waiting on the others to get there.

TAG:detectives

20. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Detective Mark Stoker

"And, just to make sure you are clear on the case, they aren't jokers...they're soldiers. Irish ones none the less...How in the world they can shoot straight all drunk and what not. Killer boxers from what I hear though...So, Detective, I'm not one for small talk..."

"Irish soldiers? I heard there was an IRA connection but I don't believe it. They haven't been that active outside of Ireland since the troubles in the seventies and eighties. Why would they come out of the woodwork now, in America, no less, just to kill some old ambassador bloke? I doesn't add up." He puffed fitfully on his cigarette before adding something else that had been bothering him.

"And you, Gently. Since when did the Seattle PD hire private investigaotrs? More to the point, why do they hire private investigators who are suspects in the murder case? Just what is going on here?"

[TAG DVC]

21. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

London had paid for his medications, grabbed a Coke on the way out, and they were headed back to the car.

Grove opened the car door and sat in the seat, cranking the car with his left hand. Shifting gears, he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the highway, heading to SeaTac.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

London sat in the car, sipping at his Coke. He felt awkward, taking medication around Grove, keeping him in the dark

He turned to look at him.

"About my meds...I'll tell you, if you'd like, but you might not believe me."

It had happened before. His ex-girlfriend had figured it out the hard way. She'd come over to his apartment, eager to see him, and had been answered at the door by a very suspicious London. He had neglected to take his meds, and his other half was surfacing.

"Robert's not here right now."

Those were the words that came out of his mouth, though they weren't his own. He'd - well, his body - slammed the door in her face, leaving her stunned. She'd come back later, to find him happy, smiling, and content - and not remembering what he'd done to her.

So now, telling Grove would hopefully prevent an angry confrontation like that.

"I've got DID." he said shyly.

23. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

"I've got DID."

Trey was unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry," was all he could manage. He didn't know a lot about the disease, but he did know that it wasn't favorable and potentially dangerous.

And then a theory hit him in the face like a punch from a criminal. He could only hope it wasn't true.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

London laughed.

"No, no killer id hidden inside me. Just a meaner side that doesn't like company. But as long as I have my meds, I'm fine."

He'd been taking them religiously for the past two years. The last "outbreak" had been so long ago, London thought very little of it. His girlfriend had left him, and he'd gone in for help. Now, he was seeing a nure, who knew all about his condition. Things were going well for him.

"Healthy multiplicity is something I haven't seen for a long while. All other personalities were 'assimilated' long ago. Except for the one."

London knew he seemed a little suspicious. But he had no other way of explaining his condition.

25. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    En Route to Tarmac

"Irish soldiers? I heard there was an IRA connection but I don't believe it. They haven't been that active outside of Ireland since the troubles in the seventies and eighties. Why would they come out of the woodwork now, in America, no less, just to kill some old ambassador bloke? I doesn't add up." He puffed fitfully on his cigarette before adding something else that had been bothering him.

"Eh, You'd know more about that than me. We don't really get alot of you guys from across the pond this far into the States. Irish, Scottish, Brittish, the only difference I see is your guy's taste in beverages and accents...oh, 'n fighting styles...Them Irish ones...Gang tactics, while you Brits use a more proper meathod."

"And you, Gently. Since when did the Seattle PD hire private investigaotrs? More to the point, why do they hire private investigators who are suspects in the murder case? Just what is going on here?"

"I'm not hired per se. And I'm not a Suspect per se either. I just happened to be at the 'Detectives Gathering' last night, along with the others, and London graciously allowed me to help clear me name, and solve the case. I'm sure he thinks that if I amk good enough to be invited to the party, then I'm good enough to solve the case...er...Help solve the case."

Taking both hands off the wheel, he lit a new cigarette, and then turned down the radio a bit more, grabbing the wheel just before slamming head first into a large semi-truck, and then pulling off to wait as London entered the drug store quickly, before they got back onto the road and continued their travel towards the Tarmac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.