main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Peter Cushing Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Cushing's Admirer, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Note: Mod approved by A Chorus of Disapproval.

Hello everyone! :D This thread is to honour and discuss a man that I find very inspiring. I adore Peter for many reasons but chiefly for his mildness of manner, his love for life, his dedication to others, love for animals and nature, and his faith in God. I hope that fellow admirers will join me. This thread is NOT restricted to Tarkin. Discussion of Peter's work is all right but I'd like to focus on the man.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.
    [​IMG]
    DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_laugh]

Do you have some thoughts on Sir? (That's what I usually call Peter).

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have plenty. Allow me to take some time to compose them and I will post in depth later. His films obviously made me a fan and his spiritual journey was very inspirational to me. I also met and received his autograph. Surprisingly, I did not procure his autograph on a Van Helsing or Tarkin picture, but a still from the criminally underrated The Creeping Flesh.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I would love that! Peter is a man I speak about often but until you approved this thread I really could only speak to Shira and Merkual about him. So thanks a bunch. [:D]

You met him? That is so awesome! My dream is to shake his hand and thank him for the grounding and comfort he gave me these rough last years. I have always liked Tarkin but it's only been since reading Lee's Lord of Misrule and Merkual telling me about Legend of the Werewolf that I've been curious of the man. What a precious man Peter was! [face_love]

Emmanuel from The Creeping Flesh is one of my all-time fave Sir parts and it's where my avatar comes from. I'm so happy you know it!

6. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    :eek: You met Peter, Mike? That's so cool! Goodness I'd give anything to meet him!

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I did, briefly. At a fan convention. I also met Christopher Lee. He, I went stereotypical with and got an autographed Dracula picture.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That's so cool. From observation and reading I have the impression Peter and Chris contrast each other rather strongly. Would you agree?

9. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    That's really really cool, Mike!

I agree :D

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    In what ways do you agree, Shira? Is Sir on your mind today? [:D]

11. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes he is :)

I think they were very different in both very obvious and hidden ways. One major contrast is their temperaments. While Peter was usually calm and mild, Christopher could be rather raw with his emotions and very forward

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I agree with you. Yet, Chris was also at times Peter's defender and Chris would permit Peter to lead. Much trust they shared, I think.

13. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes I agree. I think Peter did a lot to temper Chris and calm him. I think they were each other's support and it is very obvious how much they loved and respected each other

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well said. I think Chris' and Vinny's presence, when available likewise did much to ground and soothe Peter particularly in the early-mid 1970's.

15. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh yes I agree. The three of them seemed to be a very tight-knit group, as close as brothers and I think they did a great deal to help and support each other

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Indeed. Do you have a favoured part of Peter's? If so, please identify it and explain why it impacts you. :) Not an order is this. :p

17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    XD Understood :p

I really loved his part as Emmanuel in The Creeping Flesh. I thought his part was an incredibly brave way to ask the question of "Is he actually crazy, or was he telling the truth?" I for my part believe he was telling the truth, I don't think he was crazy at all. I also loved the tenderness he shows in his characters and I always like seeing him beside Christopher :)

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, Pupil. It seems your taste has shifted some. I thought Snowman was your favourite part. I too enjoy Chris and Peter together. A team and friends they were. :)

19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Snowman is also one of my favorites :) I'm still trying to accurately portray why though and when I do I will post it :) Yes they were! I always enjoy watching them together, even though most of the time they are portrayed as enemies which is so far off the mark!

By the way, sorry for the slow replies. I haven't been getting updates for this thread :confused:

20. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    When you speak of Cushing's faith and such, did he write anything about this? I'd actually be really interested in reading something he wrote.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Sure he did. His faith is all though his two autobiographies though chiefly the first. :) Insightful man and wonderful read.

22. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    There's also a wonderful interview by him, this one, that talks about his faith. It happens to be one of my favorite interviews of him:

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Excellent choice, Pupil. I adore this one thank you so much for finding it. [:D] I love Peter. [face_love]

24. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you Mentor :D You're very very welcome :) I do too :D

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    They are entitled: Peter Cushing: An Autobiography and Past Forgetting. The former is about the man and by far the better volume in my view. The latter is about his career but his focus and heart seem lacking. I suspect strongly he only did it for the fans, darling man. He's a beautiful but sparse writer and very courageous.

Barbecue17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.