main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Even if there's an improvisational aspect involved, I don't even think this'd be the worst-case scenario since making up absolutely everything as you go along really only works in comedy games.

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    500 posts in SotS and 100 Posts in Pieces. Not a bad day, I´d say.

Actually I can tell you that much that there is a "Bible" for SotS. The basic outline of all major NPCs, Stories, Events and especially scientific rules that apply to the world of SotS and those who actually do not.
    12 pages Arial, Font-size 8 and in German. Hardcopy.
    I was allowed to read like 2 pages of it, before taking over Nepal. I guess Anvil had her share of reading (as she obviously knows a lot of stuff from it, more than I do). Only Fin knows it all.

So far I never saw a post of Fin that contradicts what I have read. And I assume it simply doesn´t contradict the rest. His grab of the world is always pretty firm and as a GM he often denies things, because they do not fit into the background. Which is kinda his success-secret, I suppose. The story of indicudual characters every GM has to make up on the way. So do I. But the guidelines are very fine to work with.

The advantage of a game in developemnt hell for over a year, I guess. :p

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I wanna write updates, not give interviews :p

... Now you've given me an idea for a new RPF activity: have someone go around interviewing people. We can make it a monthly thing and call it Interview With A RPFer or something. :D :D :p

I didn't pick up on the Laura connection! Iiinteresting. [face_thinking]

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eh, the YJCC does it. Why not?

And yay for 500 posts![face_dancing]

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    TSG, I really think you might have cracked the case. That is the conection between Nepal and Germany. And Falk seems to be a major player yet only appeared in Cut-Scenes. From the past and future. Where is he in the present?

Agree on the virus in Boston. We see early infection in Germany.

But I am stil not sold on the time thing. Something is still not feeling right for me . . . then again, I might search God there and he might not be in it :p

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I've yet to see a giant pair of spectacles on a billboard.:p

Hopefully someone gets that reference.

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The connection to Laura´s father is really strange. Even more if one knows more about my background. But anyway, I think we will need to meet Zinsky to learn what the hell is going on. Or even see Early Sins played out.

Which brings me to the point, what about Early Sins? I´d like to see SotS spread beyond these boards, I must say. All other things to the awaited FAQ. And I´ll work on my "Science Theory". :)

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    When is the FAQ posted?

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *looks at the latest Corben's Inn posts*

Hahahahahahahaha.

That is all. O:)

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Um. . . I think Xany's last post just summed up my worst nightmares. . .and partly my hopes. The plane is going to crash! I just know it! And look who happens to be in First Class! Dang it! I have a feeling this next update might be the one me and Leigh have been waiting for. . .

11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Give me a break! We got Anonymous post he/she knows what the plot is all about. Anonymous? Whoever did pull that of however, it´s awesome :p

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Usually Anonymous posts are board glitches. Though I'll admit my inner 4chaner does a double take when it happens.

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Board glitches. You believe everything they tell you, od they Ramza? Obviously it is the Change somehow affecting our board! Anway, if we now never hear that theory, that is kinda spooky. Maybe in our timeline that user does not exist? But posted it from Corben´s Inn or something?

14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    So anyway. Sorry for double posting but this one deserved an own post. Fin has asnwered five questions, as brought forth by TheSithGirly. We called it Talk im Turm. Which is a famous German interview show. So, everybody who send in questions, this are your answers. If you made it into the questions selection, that is. But I think most questions were about the same and then "summarized".

[b]The Rooten Core - GM Special[/b]

Fin sits down in his comfortable looking seat, that is a little to large and sips a his water. Crewmen around him run through the picture and the make-up girl tries to get a little colour into his otherwise pale face. Once he is ready Mell comes in and sits. Contrary to his outfit consisting of jeans and a black shirt she is wearing her two parter suit. She sits down smiles at him and they are joking. Then the production assistant gives them the okay and they both get themselves into position. The countdown begins and is slowly counted odwn from 3 to 1. Then the lights go on, the cameras role and Mel/TheSithGirly gives Mr. Fin her most pleasant smile before turning to the camera.

"Welcome to a special edition of the Rotten Core. Today we got the creator and mastermind of Sins of the Saints himself with us in the sturdio. Mr. Fin. Please give him an applause." She turnes to him, while some clapping comes fro mthe viewer area.

"Fin, now that Sins of the Saitns has hit the 500 posts you were ready to answer us some questions once more. Thank you for that. We know you do not like to have attention, but some people would surely like to know a bit about the inner working of the game."

"It´s my please Mel. But you could have told me we do this in suits. I would have brought mine."

"Sorry Fin, but we thought you know Internet is serious bizness."

"It´s okay. So, those questions came from players? Or did you add some?"

"One or two, here and there. But we had some players who send in their questions, yes."

"Good, go ahead." Fin leans back and smiles, having another sip of his water.

Mel: Let´s enter talks with the most pressing question we all might have. Is Milton Prest the devil?

Fin: *laughs* Well, Mel. That is actually a spoiler. And spoilers are not allowed. Not even if I give them. But I think I said before and I say it again, that SotS is based on mythology but does not take it as a given. So who the devil would be,if he exists and what his goals are would proably not be found in the bible in my game. But no. He is not really the Devil.

Mel: Does Sins of the Saints have an ending? Will all questions be answered by then?

FIn: SotS has Chapters. And it actually has parts. Who I do not spell out, but in my head we have just entered Part II. Does it have an end? Storyline will end. SotS itself might die a natural death one day. But it is not meant to end in the sense of a final scene after which I write the words "The End", no. There is a first main-storyline, though. One that will end. Hard to talk about it, without spoiling. But there will be a revelation about the nature of the game and it will lead to every character making a decision about himself. Once we reach that point, we will come to a first end. My idea is to have a week or two of a break and then enter the next stage of the game. I think that point might be reached at the end of Chapter XX to XXIV, depending on the survival of strorylines until then.

Fin: Will all questions be answered? Most questions, at best. For those who want to find out what it is ALL about I really suggest joining Heartland. It´s a Prequel to SotS and will probably be pretty revealing.

Mel: How much of SotS is written, how much do you make up while going along?

Fin: The main plot, background and all that is completely fixed and written. I add firghtening little. Which is sometimes kinda boring to me. I had more "room to play" in ABYverse, now I have restricted myself a lot. But to be consistent I felt that was necessary. The plots and indicvidual stories are 100% free. I have ideas, my players do have too. We play. Like any game. What is impo

15. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Big character death? The plane crash ... or something else? [face_thinking]

Speaking of the plane and Corben's: bring it. [face_mischief]

16. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Character death as in player character death. Sorry. And NO the charadcter or player doesn´t know. But his fate is pretty much sealed anyway. One from my storyline? Or LordTs? Maybe Anvils? Enough of that!!! No more spoilers. See you at the funeral!

-Fin-

17. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    His? His? Oh dang it! He said his? I?m a His! Or a Him! Whatever! Anyway, I really hope this doesn?t involve the crash. Run Andy Run! Get yourself out of that chair and out of that plane and out of Ely. Strange things seem to happen in Ely. And Camden! How could fate have been so cruel to trap you in a hospital with evil crazy people. You could be next to die! Either way, I am very scared now! :p

On another note, with the latest update, I literally felt like crying for Andy and Vinnie. I really hoped he would survive and they could love each other. But they couldn?t. It seems he is dead. Like I said above, Run Andy Run. :eek:

*bows out of thread*

Thank You!

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    No, no airplane people will be fine. My guess is, it is Jackson or Sharon, as they seem to clash soon. Or maybe Vashti or John, caught in between when the fight begins.

Then again my character was just shot. So I might bet into the wrong direction. Actualy looks pretty much like Laura is dying. :_|

A little more unobvious candidate is surely Hoshi. He is trapped with two killers, creepy Robert and even more creepy Thomas in a flat. Arrgh!

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Beckfris or Jameson? My take on it. The Boston Hospital Group is out, probably. They are all in constant danger, but nothing really "where the GM has decided upon your fate" already. They all have equal chances to die. :p

First player death, is it? Will that means the dying has begun?

Do we actually get our own library thread? For hte whole prologue things and Cut-Scenes and character sheets? I would love to have one. So Pieces is for discussions only!

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    So both Sumiko and Andrea have lost people they have crossed path's with on the flight. From Fins writing it looks like Tony really is a gonner, Vincent too. Still intrigued about Tony's ability to see the future. Plus It looks like he was kind of a good guy. If he hadn't have told her to leave him be would she have been killed or something by that Karl guy in first class?

And who exactly is Karl? *re-reads game for possible clues*

Another thing keeps niggling at me is these lines from a few posts earlier

"Well who are you really? Who are you Sumiko?"

I thought he might have just been imitating her/mocking her initially but maybe it means something else, maybe he's refering too that everyone involved in Corbens etc have something different about them that might get revealed later on. I dunno maybe I'm reading too much into it lol

Really enjoying being in the game :) The GMs really know how to keep ya guessing and speculating :)

21. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I doubt (and hope) that either Beckfris or Jameson is going to die, mainly because it in my eyes would seem as a rather pointless death at this point. Things might change in further updates but atm it feels like Zinsky is just another pit stop.

I can't speculate in any other characters since I do not follow them (on purpose, I don't want other character story arcs to inspire my own decisions, even unconsciously. Being a character with lot's of resources it would be quite easy to meta-game to my own favor).

But **** me I hope I'm not the one to go it feels as I've just started with Beckfris!

-
    btw I miss my colors :(

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with Jackson vs Sharon, if that ends up happening at all. Who's to say it will? He could be mistaken. ;)

... :p

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So, what an update! People survive the crash or to be more precise NOBODY died in the crash. Therefore we meet Karl. Karl [face_laugh] Got it.

Well, more interesting is the fact that in Nepal Buddhist Monks have turned into Zombies and probably killed Mr. Zinsky. So much for answers from him. Well, anyway.

Congrats to Fin for the Most Entertaining Award. Nice you underlined your claim for that title by this update once more . . . a shame I am dying. :p

And thomas, Hoshi and the two goons with my "thought dead becuase in Kiel" boyfriend Robert is still there, strangely sick. That is kinda creepy to me. Especially because I might be heading there, do I?

And no idea who to root for if Sharon and Jackson clash, really. They both seem not to be "only good" but neither of them a total evil. Except Jackson rapingwoman and all that . . ., of course :p

24. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    WHAT

THE

ZOMBIES?!?!?!?!

-.-

25. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Wow, what an update. The Passenger is a scenery set in the future and the two groups will meet soon? And Germany got Laura shot and probably dying?`And Nepal. Got monster buddhists! Zombie monks! Flesh eating monastery freaks! I am still searching for a perfect term, you see?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.