main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh ComiCon "Official" Invitation!

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by ben_ethus, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm going to do some copy/paste/stealing of one of my fellow Pittsburghians posts in other forums to throw this invite out your way, too.

Here's the scoop:

==============================================
    BEGINNING OF BLATANT TEXT THEFT
    ==============================================
    "Official Info"

Date: April 30-May 2

Where: Pittsburgh ExpoMart (Monroeville, just east of Pittsburgh)

Cost: Admission is $17 a day or a three day pass for $45. Also, if you come in costume on Sunday May 2nd you get in free!

You can go here: Pittsburgh ComiCON for official details about the con and see who's going to be guest appearing.

Here are some blurbs about Star Wars related folk:

AILSA BERK
    Ailsa Berk puppetted the unlikely form of the leech-like bounty hunter, Amanaman from Jabba the Hutt's palace shortly before the battle of Endor in Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi. Entering the costume from a panel in the back, Ailsa articulated Amanaman's mouth and body while other puppeteers animated his arms from off screen. Ailsa has also brought characters to life in other films including Tarzan's ape mother, Kolo in The Legend of Tarzan: Lord of the Apes. She has also worked on Return to OZ and Hans My Hedgehog.

RENA OWEN
    Rena Owen portrayed the beautiful sylph-like Kaminoan, Taun We in Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones. Rena began her acting career in London in the mid 80s. She trained at the Actors Institute and worked in British Theater. Since then she has become one of New Zealand?s most successful actresses and its most recognizable star in the film community. Rena won Best Actress Awards at the Montreal, Oporto, Seattle and San Diego and Cannes Film Festiveals for her performance as Beth Heke in Once Were Warriors, (One of Time Magazines Top 10 movies for 1995.) Her first feature film was a supporting role in Kevin Costner?s Rapa Nui in 1993. Since then she has appeared in such films as: AI, Soul Assissins, Roimata, I?ll Make You Happy, What Becomes of the Brokenhearted and When Love Comes, Vaudeville House and Dance Me to My Song, which again garnered Rena a 1998 Cannes Film Festival Best Supporting Actress nomination. She has also appeared in various New Zealand and Australian Television series as well as appearing in the US in Gideon?s Crossing and portraying the Demigoddess Dinza on the WB series Angel. In 2003, Rena will appeared as: a pre-colonial Warrior Woman in an Indie film shot in Fiji, Fire in the Womb, a Hit Woman in a Los Angeles short film, Sidney, a Tibetan Nun gone wrong in a Martial Arts film for Sunset Studios USA and a Psycho Killer in a Lions Gate feature, Paper Scissors Stone, set and shot in Toronto. In addition to acting, Rena Owen has been a writer, director and producer. Rena will be returning to the Star Wars series with Episode III. She will be portraying a senator, but that's all we can tell you because by LucasFilm mandate if you knew any more we'd have to kill you. Check Rena's website at: www.renaowen.com

ORLI SHOSHAN
    Making her first appearance in the US, Orli Shoshan portrayed the colorful Togruta Jedi, Shaak-Ti from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Having survived the battle on Geonosis, look for Orli and Shaak-Ti as she'll be appearing in Star Wars Episode III. Orli is a Australian super-model with her own clothing line, appropiately called Orli. You can check out her clothing line at her website: www.orli.com.au

AND we believe AMY ALLEN is also going to be in attendance. She was the Blue Twi'Lek Jedi "Aayla Secura" in AOTC. She was there last year and is a very friendly person.

Here's the ExpoMart's official website should you need more info on location:

ExpoMart

There's plenty of hotels should you wish to stay over. One connected right to the ExpoMart (although that may be a tad expensive.)

So, let us know if any of you would like to attend. We'd love to see you and make it

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Sounds like a good time. But I think most of us are going to Empire Fan Fest in April and probably won't be able to do both that and Pittsburgh Comic Con. However I'm not trying to speak for everyone. So maybe someone will decide to go. Thanks for the invite though. And I'm sure we'd love to have guys here in Philly for Wizard World East in May if you can make it. :)

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for the invite!! I wish we could make it and if I wasn't a poor student I'd do this con one weekend and EFF the other. Maybe we can do it in 2005..

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.