main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Plan of Action 2010

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Time to get this moving again.

1. We need a meet. The sooner the better. It's been nearly a year and a half since we've had one.

2. Rach, please start kicking people more so they do stuff.

3. hal, merge us into London if we can't do it before April :p

Simple enough :p

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know who to kick! As far as I know it's only you and me in the south now.

3. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    May as well just merge then. At least we know there are Londoners to kick :D

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Oi!
    None of that :p

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    You're better than FF Croatia. We're trying to meet up for years without success. Then I migrated to London. :p xD
    If there is a South meeting, let me know, I might pop up. :)

6. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    And me....o_O

7. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

I have just been looking around the UK boards. Not only are the regional boards effectivly dead, but the main board is not much better either! A sorry sight to see for sure!

8. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    It might help if we tried to expand this FF to include all Sci-Fi and film fans, not just Star Wars fans, just so long as they've got a passing interest in Star Wars. Look at me for example. After what Lucas did with the PT I wouldn't actually call myself a SW fan anymore. Yeah, I love the first two movies, and to a small degree ROTJ, but the rest of them? Nope, now I'd just consider myself a film fan in general.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We do have discussions on stuff like Dr Who, but most sci-fi at the moment is kind of limted. Plus most series are discussed on the JCC anyway so I don't think those in FFUK who post there about it will suddenly want to do so again here.

The problem is what topics to discuss. The football topic in regional died and there is a big one in the JCC everyone uses anyway.

Obviously there are problems with people having busy lives through Uni or work and not having as much time to post.

Meets are not so much of a problem if we can organise them when people have the time/money to attend, but we need something to keep regualr posters interested and try to attract bak those who rarely post at all now.

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    The problem is that Fanforce doesn't work on a big scale. It's fine for the Americans. They have chapters for cities, with high ratios of fans, who can sustain meetups. We're trying to do the same over huge areas. For example, we cover from bottom of Cornwall to the end of Kent. Imagine people in those locales trying to get everywhere. I'm lucky, I live pretty much in the centre, and can get to Southampton, Portsmouth, Andover, Basingstoke, Weymouth and Bournemouth pretty easily. MK was a bit harder, but manageable. But not everyone can.

London's still easier for me to get to than some places. Might as well merge.

11. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, that's what I said ages ago, especially seeing that London's kinda in the South (:rolleyes: ). But getting some kinda activity outta the mods is another thing altogether. Like everything in this country the people in charge are either clueless, bone idle or a bit of both! Then when things don't work they look for someone else to blame!

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Easy now, halibut has been a good RSA.
    And Laj_Fett does a perfectly adequate jobs as stand-in when neccessary.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If that's your opinion, then I have no problem with that :)

Of course, there is a certain irony in blaming the mods for not doing anything when you yourself haven't done anything either ;)

I'm happy to come up with some more flyers and ideas, but I'm not in the south. I cannot impliment them. You don't need your hands held. I've suggested it before, get some flyers printed out (can be cheap if you pull together), and get them to the unis and comic shops in the area!

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have tried to do flyer competitions but I've had no response, except for the first one that got 'I've got one' and then that user disappeared.

Black-Tiger: if you want something done then do a flyer and help out. You want to talk about things other than star wars then start threads! It's not like I haven't tried here. If you want my attention then PM me! I'm on the boards nearly all day every day, a PM will get read very quickly.

halibut: if you could come up with a design or two that'd be great.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    We've got collectormania coming up, so we can promote the fanforce there, and it's a great place to have meets too. So there's that. Summer will soon be here and I'll be back near Salisbury so if anyone can make it to Salisbury we can have a meet there. I know SithLordDarthRichie can get us into the Odeon for free so maybe we could have a film meet?

We did think about doing a Star Wars marathon. I have all the films, though I doubt I'm the only one. If we could find somewhere to stay for a weekend we could meet up on Friday and then do the marathon on Saturday and go home on the Sunday. If we all chip in for take away it shouldn't cost too much for food.

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Anyone doing the London Film and Comic Con at London's Earls Court 2, over 17-18th July? Today and tomorrow?

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I went today, as did some other FFUK London people and a North member.

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Was it any good? I looked at my Facebook photos for last years' LFCC, and realised that all my fond memories of the were of the London Collectormania a couple months after!

Doh.

Still, I am going along to Sundays.

Also, that Facebook FFUK group was a good idea.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thank you.

I will be sure to organise a London Expo meet and a meet for Collectormania London. It would be good if memebers from FFUK could attend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.