main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary playskool SW figures??

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by orangerful, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Has anyone actually seen these things? I went to toys r us and kay bee toys and target and I can find no hint that they exist in the real world. Hasbro.com is no help at all, it just links me to sites that don't have them listed. e-bay has a ton of them but I want to play with them and I feel silly paying $40 for a toy that I'm gonna rip out of the box as soon as i get it.

Has anyone seen these things in a store near them?? Or are they not all out yet in our area?

Need the info. My mom and I were up until 2am last night trying to find them on amazon.com to no avail. HELP!

toodle pip
    Sam

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I've seen them a lot. I've seen them at Walmart and Hot Topic. Both sets.

3. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    whoa! really? where in maryland are you? or at least, where in Maryland are the WalMarts and Hot topic (hot topic?? why do they have them??) that you saw them??

4. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I've also seen them at K-Mart on Route 40 (Baltimore National Pike). It's inside the MD beltway (695) about 2 or 3 miles on the right hand side, just behind a Metro Food Market.

Best of luck!

5. Jedikmg

Jedikmg Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I have gotten them all but the X-wing Set. I found them at Wal-Mart Mt. Airy on April 23rd and at K-Mart on Route 40. Haven't seen the X-Wing tho.

6. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Also if you are from the east side of Baltimore The "Parkside" Kmart has a bunch

Tak

7. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    hm...sounds like I will have to go on an adventure. I hadn't seen them before until Celebration 2 and i wasn't going to pay some EVIL exhibitor's prices. I live in Laurel and I've visited our Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, and Kaybee toys. And all of them have told me no and looked at me like I was crazy when i asked if they had the figures. Good to know they exist.

I guess I'll go to the Kmart sites and find the store phone numbers and call them up. Maybe they will still have a few stashed somewhere.

I bonded with another Maryland fan today at Toys R Us, as we sifted through the action figures in search of a Yoda (he was there monday but sadly gone now). I got my Hangar Battle Anakin though :) And the stratego game!! (which hopefully makes more sense than the Life game....anyone else confused by that??)

Thanks so much guys! If you see them anywhere else, please let me know!!!

Toodle pip
    Sam

8. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    OR
    if any of you are really bored and actually SEE the playskool toys, if you want to say - pick them up for me, I will FULLY reimburse you for them.

:) let me know

9. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'll try to grab a few next time I'm out at TRU. Although my wife has banned me from any toy store since I go crazy and buy stuff I don't really need there!! :D

10. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the offer, but my mom and I broke down tonight and found a website with a pretty great deal on ALL the sets. So we ordered them (including the Falcon set that comes out soon). 6-8 weeks or so (so at least they will be around by Xmas!)

Thanks to you all for your help in my search!

Oh, just so you know the site was actionfigurexpress - there's prices were pretty good because they send out them out in bulk style.

toodle pip

11. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    How many sets are there? I would love to get them all but I can't find them anywhere :(

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    There is an X-Wing with figures and a Naboo Fighter with figures out now. Later, a Millenium Falcon is coming out.

13. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    there's an X Wing playset, an Naboo fighter playset, a "Stompin Wampa" set, "fast through the forest" ROTJ set, and an episode II "Arena Battle" set. Millenium Falcon comes out in June or the Fall, I've seen a bunch of dates.

if you go to actionfigurexpress.com and search there they have pics you can look at (but be careful, they are hard to resist!)

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
  15. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    They will be mine...Oh yes...They will be mine!!! Even if I have to hock my car to get em!! :_|

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I've only seen the X-Wing and Naboo fighter sets in the stores. I'll have to get them now.

17. Jedikmg

Jedikmg Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I've seen them all except the Episode 2 one. Is it out yet?

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    There isn't an Episode II one, atleast yet. If you're referring to what I said in my previous post, I was just hoping.

19. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
  20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh wow, thanks for posting this orangerful. I didn't know there was an Ep2 set, as I said in my previous post. Very cool.

21. JangoCloner

JangoCloner Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    I have seen the playskool figures all over the place. I picked every one that are made at a toys r us in glen burnie....episode 1 and the trilogy are released...no episode 2 yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.