main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion POLL! Which is a bigger deal, Episode I or Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Jan 26, 2013.

?

Bigger deal: Episode I or Episode VII?

1. Episode I

42 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Episode VII

83 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. Tied/Can't Decide

22 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Judge the deal by it's size, do you?

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The bigger SURPRISE is Episode VII, but the bigger DEAL for me was Episode I, precisely because the first SW I ever saw was ROTJ and the first moment that ever moved me in the series was Darth Vader overcoming his evil to save Luke and the rebels. The narrative importance of the prequels thus held major emotional weight with me. It was also the idea of having three more iconic masterpieces like the original trilogy (which I considered flawless) to look forward to. After the prequels, I realized just how flawed a Star Wars movie can be, and this has admittedly deflated my rabidity.

3. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I was 4 years old in 1994. The first I knew about Episode I was seeing the trailer on ITV at some point.

Episode VII/The Sequel Trilogy was/is by far a bigger deal and shock for me. I can't count the number of times I've been on a Star Wars forum and had someone quote a George Lucas interview to me about there will guaranteed 100% absolutely never be a sequel trilogy. Now? Not only is there definitely going to be a sequel trilogy, but that's just a drop in the ocean. There's a pretty good chance that in 10/20/30 years I could be taking my kids to a new Star Wars movie. That's a big deal for me,

With the original trilogy, I was born seven years after the last one released. I saw those three on VHS at some point in the early 90's. I've had to listen to older fans lord it over me because of that. Because "You weren't there, man". With the prequels, I saw them in the cinema, 1-3. I know this because I've got the ticket stubs. But I can't remember it. For the first one I was too young and for the other two I was a cynical teenager.

With the sequel trilogy? I don't have a clue what's going to happen in them, but I'm going to remember the first time I see them.

4. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Episode 1.

5. edgehead60

edgehead60 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2013
    I have to lean toward episode VII, my reasoning even as a kid I knew about how Lucas had written the prequels and had intentions to do them when the technology was available. So when it was announced it wasn't a biug shock. this one However came outa nowhere.