main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Also, you do realize, that if the ignore function disappeared, most definitely the number of moderators on the Episode VII forum would go way up, right?

It seems that a lot of people are stubborn about new improvements that change the way you post on these boards from when it was powered by IGN Boards. Well, guess what? I'm pretty sure that's one reason why we moved to XenForo. These changes are good, so why get rid of them? They not only contribute to healthier discussion, but they actually might encourage new users. Would you rather the boards be empty and have little to no activity, or actually log in to find something new?

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Might there ever be a way to shut them off for individuals? Having just hit 50,000 posts, I've realised the radioactive icon looks dreadful. Can I lose it?

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Yay!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    OMG! I have stars! yayz

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - Grimby fixed the stars..

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Go Grimby!
    Almost makes me forgive you for taking the forums off the net last night. ;)

7. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    I have a proposal to add in the
    "We're working on it!" - A list of known issues

The problem of double posts due to the time-out/slowliness

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully some of the work Griimby's been doing recently will help on the slowness issue. If you do get a double post and want one deleted you can either report the post or PM one of the forum mods.

9. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    Ok Laj_Fett,

and of course to the team, global thanks for your work on our trouble.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm getting that "Internet explore has encountered a problem with a long - running script." issue that tends to freeze my computer when I try to C/P and Edit anything.:mad:

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried experimenting with compatibility mode to see if that makes a difference?

What version of IE are you running? If it's older than IE8 upgrading might be an idea.

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If Juliet is using Windows XP, upgrading is not an option. IE9 requires Vista or later. IE10 requires Windows 8.

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Upgrading to any other major browser is also an option. They all work on Windows XP.

- Sent from my R2 unit

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    As Grimby said. I usually use Firefox and rarely use IE.

15. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Do we have a rule on swear words here on the forum rules? i was almost tempted today to a disparaging term, but i didn't.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  17. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
  18. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there a way to remove people from a conversation?

Edit: Clarifying that I don't know this person, and the conversation is somewhat sensitive...

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Not really. Mods can remove people from conversations they are part of, but that's it. Your best course of action is to start a new conversation without that person.

20. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Alright. Thanks then. :)

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Vista with IE9.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    I am curious, but can we change the time stamp? and by that i mean can we change the time that the posts happen, because i am still on American time i think, and i know on the other forums i am on that i can change the time to what is relatively the time in my location, which, atm, is 9.46 PM.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you hover over your username in the top right hand corner you'll get a dropdown. Go to 'Preferences' there and you'll see an option to change your time zone.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Can/will somebody put numbers at the bottom of the page in Community? The way it is now, when you get the the bottom of the page, you have to scroll back up to the top in order to change pages, and it's pretty annoying.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The numbers are there, actually, it's just that the moderator list plug-in causes them to bunch up to an extreme degree on the left due (I'm assuming) to the large number of listed moderators.