main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post TPM short story... *updated 5/29*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    This is just a brief story that takes place on the trip home from Naboo after Qui-gon's death. Originally I wanted it to be a longer story but I reread it after forgeting about it for several months and I decided it works well as a short story.

It has no name, but if you think of one please share :)

Enjoy!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

The trip back to Coruscant seemed the longest ever. Obi-wan had been avoided by the other Jedi who had traveled to Naboo to attend Qui-gon?s funeral. He was glad for the seclusion, it gave him a chance to run over the events in his head and decide what to do next. The boy, Anakin, had to be dealt with first, then he would clean out his Master?s few belongings from the quarters they had shared and move in his new Padawan.

His Padawan; Obi-wan shook his head, it seemed hard to believe. Now a Knight he had been forced to follow Qui-gon?s last wish and apprentice the boy. How could he teach him? Anakin had not grown up in the Temple and knew little of the way of life they were accustomed to. Feeling uncertain of his skills he realized he would need others to help him develop Anakin?s abilities, then once the boy had a grasp of the basics he could then take him on missions.

Missions. The word made Obi-wan feel queasy and more questions surfaced in the ocean of emotions within the young Knight. Never before had he been on a mission without his Master, without him he began to feel vulnerable. Looking around the cabin he saw the Jedi Council members trying to avoid his eyes. Suddenly Obi-wan realized he needed some external comfort, and he found himself wishing he still had his plush wookie that had kept him company during his early childhood years. He let out a small laugh, making everyone else jump and pretend they hadn?t heard him. What would they think if they found him curled up with that old toy? Shaking his head he knew they were all worried about him, and if they knew what he was thinking now they would think he had snapped.

Had he? Was it possible he wouldn?t be able to accomplish Qui-gon?s request and train Anakin? The though appealed to him and he knew if he wasn?t able to cope with the death of his Master the Council would not let him be the Master of the boy. But that would dishonor Qui-gon, and the bond that had existed between the two when the older man was alive still was present and Obi-wan was deeply devoted to his fallen Master. He would train Anakin, whether he was sane or not.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Carefully Anakin kept his eye on his new Master. Obi-wan seemed to have taken Qui-gon?s death badly, and even though he appeared only slightly worse for wear on the outside he knew he was hurting on the inside. Anakin himself was depressed, Qui-gon had been his liberator, he had risked his life to save him from that Sith on Tatooine and he had guaranteed his training as a Jedi. He owed much to the dead Master and he felt determined to honor his memory by becoming Obi-wan?s apprentice. Personally he wasn?t sure if the young Jedi was capable of training him, just until recently he had also been in training. The Council, however, seemed to think that he was ready to be his Master.

Taking his eyes off of the Jedi Knight his eyes moved over the other occupants of the cabin. Yoda and Mace Windu seemed to be having a hushed conversation, and even though they didn?t breathe a word Anakin could almost hear in his head what they were saying.

//How do you think he will cope with this? //

//Know I do that strong Obi-wan is. Cope he will. Though help him through this we must. //

//Yes, // Mace nodded his head, //I will talk to him later. // Then he glanced over at Anakin who suddenly became very interested in the hem of his new robe. //The boy is listening. //

//Powerful in the Force he is, watch him carefully we must. // Then Yoda smiled and pointed his feared walking stick at Anakin. //Teach him I will that eves dropping is a quality of the Sith it is. //

Anakin smiled back at Yoda, ?I?m sorry, I didn?t mean to listen in.?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    awww, poor Obi. thank the force for Bant.

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I like this Jedi Girl. I would have liked to see a bit more with Obi and Bant at the end. Great emotions though. It definately works as a short story!

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, excellent work, JGoC! The interaction and portrayal of the characters was great! Is that the end, cause I kinda wish there was more *g*! Thanks for sharing!

5. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Though you COULD turn it into a longer story! *hint hint*
    Great story! :)

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thanks guys!

And if I do have any time I promise to turn it into a much longer story, after all that was what I had planned.

7. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    *Chuckles* Stuffed....Wookie.....how....adorable....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Sniffs* Sorry about that, just couldn't contain myself. Stuffed...wookie...how hilarious. Good story too!

8. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    HeeHee. I agree. That WAS great!
    I would like to get a stuffed wookiee myself. ;)

9. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    That was really good!

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thanks [face_blush]

And I'm glad you like the stuffed wookiee, unfortunatly I don't think any are made :p

Hey GL! Hint, Hint! Stuffed Wookiees?=$$$$ :D

11. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    My brother has a beanie baby Chewie, but that's the only kind I've seen. :D

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Cool! Can I have it ;)

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Awwww! How sweet! Stuffed wookie! Awwww! :)

But :_| Poor Obi... :(

Good lil fic JGOC!!! :D

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I was really in an Obi-angst mood. I think I had just read a really good fic with madness and stuff in it. You know: Redrum, redrum etc... Any way my original plan was to turn Obi into a raving lunatic.

And I may still do it too, but I have to finish my fic I'm working on right now.

Thanks for the Feed back guys!

15. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Whatever happened to Obi turning into a raving lunatic? I'd like to see that, JGoC! Please? I just read this, and I cried.

16. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Oh, this is so good, JGoC!! And I almost missed it, too!

You did a wonderful job of capturing Obi-Wan and Ani's emotions as they traveled back to the Temple. Love the part where Ani is eavesdropping on the Council's conversation. :p
    I'm glad you included Bant like that at the end, too.

Oh, and I want a stuffed Wookiee, too. Or a stuffed Ewok. Preferably both. :D

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I've never made any one cry before, hands Jacinta a box of kleenex.

I'll see what I can do about continuing this. I am really close to finishing my other fic (this one also had Obi and Anakin in it), then once I finish it I'll work on this one. Maybe Bant will even play a larger role and stuff...

18. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Yeah!!!!

Oh, and by the way, you can talk the crying as a large compliment. Out of ALL the fan fiction stories I've read(quite a few) This is one fo about five that I've cried for. It's really hard to get me to react to a story physically.

Thanks for the tissue.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    :D so I guess it's a good thing I made you cry? Thank you for that honor :)

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well guess what! That fic I was talking about is done!

Which means I am going to start writing this one again.

:D

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    YESSSSSSSSSS!!! THANK YOU FORCE!

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, I have an announcement to make!

I have been inspired to write more of this fic! It will take a bit, but It will get done. Now there are two choices. I can post as I get the section done or I can wait until I have a few sections done and then post. That way I can get them beta read and stuff.

Which one! And who wants to beta for me? ;)

23. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Either way is fine! Glad you are continuing this story!!!!

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I'm also in need of a title. I'm thinking 'Just a Crazy Wizard' inspired by Owen's description of Obi in ANH.

25. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey, it's been five months, but I was bored, and looking through my old post and found this...I still love it, even though it's been forever!

JGoC? If I promise to be your slave forever will you come back to this someday? *puppy eyes* I REALLY want to see you do this.

Come on, this is one of my cry stories! It's a member of the elite! Please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.