main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Question on the CE extras

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Riven_JTAC, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay, so, seeking opinions...

It's been a month and I am considering buying some of the Collector's Edition extras on eBay.

Soundtrack - Worth it? Like, is it just a bunch of :30-:40 second clips or are they longer, drawn out, orchestrated pieces like you expect out of Star Wars music?

Journal - Someone here or on another board said that the journal has notations by Satele not seen in the online database. Are these notations worth buying the journal instead of just rewatching the Master Gnost-Dural clips on the SWTOR website?

Map - How big is it? I was considering buying the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE last night on Amazon, but I saw the size of the Map of Rome in a photo on eBay and I'm glad I just got the regular edition; the map was pretty small and lacked a lot of detail. I don't want to drop money on the galaxy map if it's just this 8.5 x 11 (or even smaller) thing with just some planets and no real detail.

Thanks for the input!

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Soundtrack--sure, it's nice. It's got all of the orchestrations and the themes for each character class. There are some tracks from the game that are missing but oh well. There are also some jukebox tracks that are fun. Most are at least two minutes (many are much longer).

Journal--yes, notations from Satele Shan. Very nice item. In fact it's probably the best item included in the CE.

Map--good size. Very nice. Interesting. Though it's not like I've it spread out in front of me as I adventure through the galaxy. It's remained in the box since I opened it back on launch day.

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The journal is quite nice, its my favorite part of the CE (honestly, if they had just offered this as the only CE bonus, I still would've bought it... not at the full price of course, but still a nice bonus, especially since they seemed to have abandoned the online Timeline videos). Its an actual journal compared to the Timeline videos (which are more like summaries and history videos... and they tend to go on and on about how great the Sith Empire's long-term strategy was, whereas here Gnost-Dural is writing down his worries about the war as it happens, not to mention taking into account more recent major events like the Return and Hope trailer), so it has POVs of Gnost-Dural's life from young Knight to the end of the war. Satele Shan adds her notations from after the war, giving her own opinions or adding background for things Gnost-Dural didn't know at the time (about this battle or that event, etc.). Most of the pictures are from the Timeline videos (that duel, this pose, etc.) or other TOR art, but there are several original pieces of art, so its quite a nice book.

4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the input.

I think I'm going to spring for this stuff on eBay.