main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Jinn: Was He Really Necessary in the Whole Picture?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Loco_for_Lucas, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "You don't know that. Not even Yoda knows that. :p By that rationale, he should have been mature and disciplined by the time of AOTC as a Padawan nearing the end of his training, having been instilled with Jedi doctrine for ten years and all, but that wasn't the case, was it? ;)"

I know I don't know that. ;) I was merely pointing out that the friendship thing isn't necessarily a missed opportunity yet. Ep. III could very easily prove otherwise. Also, Anakin had nothing but praise from Palpatine the whole time he was growing up. His abilities were only getting more and more advanced, and because of this, he focused on himself. The war will change things.

2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    There is no better way to demonstrate the fact that Force Ghosts exist than by introducing a great character, killing him off, then bringing him back as a Force Ghost. It worked in ANH and it works in TPM and ATOC. It should be developed even more in Episode III. And this alone would justify Qui-Gon's character, if nothing else.

Qui-Gon bashing. A new high in low indeed.

3. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "introducing a great character, killing him off, then bringing him back as a Force Ghost. It worked in ANH"

Thank goodness for last minute changes. ;)

"Qui-Gon bashing. A new high in low indeed."

That sounds familiar...

4. Alrowen

Alrowen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2003
    "I think Qui-Gon Jinn rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a big Jinn fan.No,Obi-Wan Kenobi wouldn't be smart enough to do all that.
    He is supposed to be the 'ideal' student.
    As a younger student he was really careful about doing things.He didn't want to be expelled.At a young age he came close to being expelled,but was saved at the last second by Qui-Gon.Without Qui-Gon there wouldn't be any Obi-Wan.And think about it,
    Lucas wrote ALL six episodes 30 years ago
    and is releasing them one at a time in the wrong order.Just so we have to see all the movies to understand the whole thing.
    So you see,Qui-Gon was and is neccessary to the whole Saga.He is the one Lucas chose to find Anikan.He was the one chosen to be
    Obi-Wan's Master.He was chosen to be ine Star Wars by the creator and writer George Lucas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May the Force be with you!"
    Alrowen Falckon

5. Alrowen

Alrowen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2003
    "I like Obi-Wan Kenobi too.I am not saying he is bad or anything.It's just Qui-Gon is in there and there is nothing you can do to change it.May the Force be with you!"
    Alrowen Falckon

6. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Qui-Gon was a paralel. Obi Wan is to Luke as Qui-Gon is to Anakin. He's not necessary, it makes more sense to us folks who grew up on the OT to have Obi-Wan, but he still works.

7. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "Lucas wrote ALL six episodes 30 years ago"

[face_laugh] Except for Qui-gon. Even Yoda wasn't added until ESB was written.

"It's just Qui-Gon is in there and there is nothing you can do to change it."

Well, glad you made your point. Guess we won't hear from you anymore. We'll go on discussing it anyways.

8. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Such a compelling argument, and clearly the alternate possibilities were weighed out.

9. Invisble_Bob

Invisble_Bob Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2003
    in short: yes dumbass

10. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "in short: yes dumbass"

Nice. [face_plain]

BTW, it's Invisible_Bob, so be wary of calling other people dumb.

Now would be a good time to change your name, with only 5 posts and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.