main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Qui-Gon's Choices. - Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan - Vignette - 28th May.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Qui-Gon's Choices
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Very short story: Mostly Qui-Gon, Vignette.
    Rating : Sweetness
    Summary: Qui-Gon accepts his padawan into his heart and sees what the Force has always known.

Disclaimer: I don?t own the characters, and I thank GL for creating them. I am just playing with them and I?ll put them back when I?m finished.

Choices.

Qui-Gon pondered on the choices he?d made in his life. The last few weeks had been difficult for him and painfully difficult for his apprentice Obi-Wan. Their path together had spiralled downward due to his inability to let go of the past.
    He?d seen the distress move through Obi-Wan?s psyche and it wasn?t until Qui-Gon faced the possibility of losing the bright light that was his padawan, that he came to his senses and let the boy into his heart. He pushed past his uncertainty and saw that their destiny was linked, and it was time to solidify their union. Qui-Gon?s request had been granted and he was taking Obi-Wan to a place with special significance for both of them.

Their ship, entered orbit around the planet and Qui-Gon sensed a shift in his padawan?s aura. The boy was nervous and excited at the same time. Even Qui-Gon felt a touch of excitement fill him as they approached their destination. This was right; it was ?the will of the Force.?

?Master, it?s an ice Temple! I never expected that there would be a Temple surrounding the caves entrance.?

?Tell me Padawan what did you expect??

A blush coloured his young face. ?I envisioned ? a hole in the mountain, not a magnificent temple with spires rising into the sky glistening in the sun light.?

?You are not the first to be surprised by its beauty Padawan, and you won?t be the last.?

As they stood gazing at the brilliance of the structure, Qui-Gon sensed a slight touch to their bond, and then hesitation and withdrawal. Qui-Gon sensed a question was on the tip of his young padawan?s tongue.

?Obi-Wan are you alright?? He was learning to decipher the different looks Obi-Wan would give him and this one was uncertainty.

?Yes Master I?m alright, but are you sure you want to do this, are you sure that I?m worthy for such an honour??

?Obi-Wan - Padawan, I would not have brought you here if I didn?t believe you were worthy. You are a fine student and although it took me far too long to realise that fact, I know without hesitation that you are meant to be a Jedi and specifically - my apprentice.?

Upon entering the caves, Qui-Gon placed his hands on Obi-Wan?s shoulders. The boy seemed frozen to the spot, and he sensed a mixture of surprise and respect fill the lad as he gazed at the natural wonder that stretched out before him. There was a honeycomb of archways leading to other caverns and along the way clumps of crystals protruded from the shiny black walls. A winding footpath spiralled its way around the edges of the cavern and branched off in many directions. Some wound their way toward the massive spires above the main structure and others descended to the lower section of the cave.

A calm stillness filled every corner of this place of reverence and Qui-Gon understood why his padawan could not put one foot in front of the other. There was no place in the galaxy that could compare to the impressive beauty of the crystal caves on Ilum and Obi-Wan was entranced by its splendour.

?Oh Master, the Force is so alive in here and it?s so beautiful, would it be alright if I knelt down and let it fill me?? he whispered.

?Yes Padawan you should.?

Qui-Gon knelt next to Obi-Wan; he also had a new respect for the Force now that he knew how much it loved his padawan. He could feel the flow penetrate and surround Obi-Wan?s body binding him to the Force, he was awed by the devotion Obi-Wan felt for the Force and it for him, and he fairly glowed from it. Qui-Gon allowed his connections to the Force attach itself to Obi-Wan?s and he was rewarded by a feeling of gratitude that flowed through their bond. He could hear the strong beat of the boy?s heart. The Force caressed O

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW that was a lovely scene on Ilum with Qui-Gon. Just the way it should be:) Bravo for this great writing.[face_dancing]=D==D=

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, goody, a happy and content Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Nicely done and warm and fuzzy as well.

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Lovely scene on Ilum. I particularly liked the way you took time to describe the magnificent Temple there and the beauty of the Crystal Caves. Most of the time, authors focus on the obstacles that Padawans have to overcome and the visions they see inside the Caves, so it was a very welcome change to see a vignette describing the beauty of the place instead and a master's thoughts as he waited for his Padawan. Well done! @};-

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was lovely.

It was so nice to see Qui open his heart to Obi - something I'm sure only brought them closer together.

I was impressed Qui didn't react to the more disturbing visions of Obi.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Bravo, wonderful story as always GK.

7. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    =D=

another lovley story about my two favorite jedi Obi and Qui.

love it as always wonderful story.

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan

Thank you I had it in my mind and knew that I couldn?t post on my other story while this was floating around my head. I like to think Obi and Qui had a great relationship.[:D]

Valairy_Scot
    Yes a happy and contented team as it should be.[face_mischief] I find I have given poor Qui some rough time, but then again you know that too don?t you.o_O
    This seemed to be a time to let Qui off the hook for awhile and be nice to him? But that?s it! No more being a nice guy. Back to tormenting poor Qui.:D

Valiowk
    I saw a picture of the caves on Ilum in Wiki and they looked so nice I had to write about them.:D I did write about the caves on Ilum in my other current story and this little bunny wouldn?t go away until I posted it.[face_dancing]

KELIA
    Thank you[face_love] I thought it was about time someone was nice to Qui-Gon, he?s not a bad guy and actually if it wasn?t for him Obi-Wan wouldn?t get into as many scrapes as he does and then where would we be.:D No more Obi and Qui stories? oh Force forbid that ever happening.[face_worried]

AngryWarrior
    Thank you.[:D]
    I wanted to give Qui-Gon some relief from all the pain and angst I cause him in most of my stories. :oops:

littleobiwankenobi
    You and me too. I do like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together and I love writing them. [face_love]

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Qui-Gon felt at peace with the Force and he opened his eyes to see his young padawan staring at him, and holding a perfect blue crystal in his hand.
    It was in that moment the Force answered his question. He is the guardian of the future.

*has lost her voice a couple of days ago & has nasty cough attacks*

But reading this update gave me a big smile and some peace as well.

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope you are feeling better.[:D]

Qui-Gon needed to have some peace and I thought I would give it to him instead of angst all the time.

:D

11. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Aw that left me a bit chocked up, absolutely loved it. The byplay of the visions of the future and Obi-Wan's early journey for his crystal was simplistic yet beautiful.

Loved it! :)

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    [:D] Thanks Ganki I wanted to give Qui-Gon some air time. He doesn't get a leading role much these days even in my own stories. They are always about Obi-Wan, so I thought I would give Qui-Gon a chance to have the lead.
    I am happy you liked it.:D

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Lovely piece. :D

14. ForceForGood

ForceForGood Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2010
    I just love Ilum stories! What a beautiful moment in Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship.

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    FelsGoddess Thanks for reading I'm happy you liked Qui-Gon's thoughts.[:D]

ForceForGood I like Qui-Gon too and I do like Ilum in my stories.[face_dancing]

:D @};-

Thank you everyone for the nomination of Best Vignette and Best Canon interpretation of a male, Qui-Gon Jinn.

I appreciate your kindness.:D [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.