main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Quick Release - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Satine - The Clone Wars backstory AU - one-post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Quick Release
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, The Clone Wars, AU
    Genre: drama, romance
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Duchess Satine
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Duchess Satine, Mandalore
    Summary: Obi-Wan has to decide. A spiced-up AU of the whole Obi-Wan/Duchess Satine thing that showed up in The Clone Wars cartoon; it was a dumb sub-plot because it was such a copy of Anakin and Padme. Obi-Wan saying he would leave the Jedi Order for Duchess Satine??? Oh, please; Obi-Wan has always been a company man from the boots up since he was in diapers. He was lying to her. Because we all know that Obi-Wan lies to the people he cares for most. ;)
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

It was a warm, humid night. Even more-so in the shadows of the backseat of the speeder. Dingy, yellowish light shone through the small rear-window, rhythmically highlighting her pale skin, her flaxen hair as she rose and fell with him. His hips pressed into the soft curved parts of her and his long, thin braid fell across her face. Gasping, her pale eyes blind to all but their mutual pleasure, her tongue caught the end of the braid, her teeth flashing white on it.

His heartbeat pounded in his ears, in synchrony with hers. Faster . . . . faster . . . . running . . . . running . . . . closer . . . . closer . . . . the Force!

He froze, his hands clamping down so hard on her shoulders she cried out, convulsing, her ecstasy peaking.

Air hissed, whistling loudly as the canopy of the speeder unlatched and retracted, exposing them to the night sky. When it was barely halfway back, a large dark shape landed in the pilot's seat in front of them. The whole speeder bobbed with the sudden increase in weight. The engines whined, powering up, the control displays flashing on.

Qui-Gon Jinn turned his head, his face a shadowed profile around the headrest.

"Obi-Wan."

Fumbling, they disengaged; their moment evaporated, leaving them merely hot and sweaty and sticky. The accelerator clicked and they were briefly pushed back further off-balance before the speeder grav fields compensated.

Obi-Wan pulled his pants up, his hands shaking on the closure as he pushed himself forward between the two seats and into the front passenger side. Still in the shadows in the back seat, Satine hunched her pale shoulders together as she pulled up the straps of her under-dress while keeping her forearms close over her exposed breasts.

The speeder zoomed up and out of the garden district, tilting as it swerved between city towers. Obi-Wan glimpsed a scatter of black shapes, a swarm of attack droids veering after them.

"Obi-Wan."

One hand still on the stick, eyes forward, Qui-Gon held his other hand out to the side, palm up. Obi-Wan's lightsaber flew up between the seats into it. Satine jerked one bare leg away from the weapon as it went by. Obi-Wan took it.

Wind whipping his Padawan braid around his head, he stood and faced the attackers as the first yellow blaster bolts whizzed past. The lightsaber ignited as he swept the fiery blue blade before him, catching two bolts. The energy of the weapon hummed like a living thing, the Force flowing through his body. Rooting his feet solidly in place, he braced his knees against the seat as the speeder swooped and dove, evading most of the fire while Obi-Wan's whirling blade caught any deadly energy bolts that got through, deflecting them away from Satine, Qui-Gon, himself. One, then another ricochet from his saber blade exploded against two attack droids and their flaming remnants fell away from the group.

Constantly adjusting his stance with Qui-Gon's evasive piloting, Obi-Wan filled his lung

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice story.

yeah Obi's only love is Siri

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done, as alway.

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    It is nice here to see them having a relationship prior to the Clone Wars, and it was very intense but not necessarily the love he shows for Siri. I love how Qui-Gon handled everything. Somewhat sad, but an innocent kind of sad. Awesome vignette.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellently written action, etc. ;) =D=

Your characterizations are especially sharp.

6. chameleon_irony

chameleon_irony Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2011
    Oh, this is a different kind of Obi-Wan/Satine than the ones I've read before. I still don't think this pairing is plausible in any way, but I like your spin on it.

I laughed when they were interrupted by Qui-Gon and the attack. [face_devil]

7. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: Obi-Wan might be fond of Satine, but true love? No way. Thanks for reading! :)

VaderLVR64: Thanks!

Luna_Nightshade: They do imply a strong relationship in the Clone Wars between them, but that doesn't mean they have to swear undying love for each other, too. And I think Qui-Gon could handle it. Thanks for reading!

Jade_eyes: Yeah, I'd been thinking I hadn't been writing enough action lately. Thanks for the reply!

chameleon_irony: Qui-Gon has just the worst timing for them. [face_devil];) I think that hormones can work for both of them, at the right age. Thanks for the reply!

8. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007

Oh wow! That was great! I agree, Obi-wan wouldn't leave the order for a love interest. But he is still human and may give in to such 'needs'.
    Thanks for writing:)

9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Finely realized action, I liked this. Their pairing may have been accentuated by their desperate circumstances, which Qui-Gon would want to nip in the bud. I don't know how the age difference got to be so great, was that from some source? Whatever, it's a different take on their relationship, new to me. Good story!

10. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    charie: Thanks! Yeah, Obi-Wan might have his 'needs', especially when he's young.

pronker: Oh, I just was just indulging in a little cradle-robbing with a young Obi-Wan and an older Satine. Also, I'm a little tired of child-rulers. The GFFA needs a little bit of maturity in charge. Thanks for reading!