main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RaiderCon!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Good news, gang! There will be a sci-fi/fantasy convention here in town this spring!
    RaiderCon is scheduled for April 9-11th at the Four Points Sheraton and looks to be a good time. There will be gaming, a dealer's room, and more. Go to the website, register, and show some support for this event!

www.raidercon.org

I'll be there in armor, and I hope to see and/or meet you there!!

2. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Strangely enough, there are so many other activities going on Easter weekend that the RaiderCon planning committee has decided to re-schedule, probably for late September of this year. I'll post here and ther will of course be updates at www.raidercon.org

There is also a possibility of a sci-fi party/swap meet Easter weekend... very informal. If there is response here, all the better. Most folks have been lackluster at best when it comes to planning these things.

In the meanwhile, how 'bout a little get-together? There is a wonderful little hive o' scum and villiany here in town called "Jake's" at 50th and Slide Rd. Every Sunday night from 7-12 there is an open mic jam, and this week my band is going to go out and try a few new songs.
    I'll wear a Star Wars-themed shirt (most likely Imperial) so folks who read this and haven't met me yet will be able to find me. Be sure and come say "howdy"

Someone post here every now and then so I'm not talking to myself :lol

3. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    yada yada yada you feel that way to sometimes hu!! :)
    I hope the gig went well. I was out of town. We should all try to get together sometime though :D

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    details for this convention are still at www.raidercon.org

The con is still on, scheduled for the last weekend of August. A couple more special guests have been added, as well as a few other attractions.

Please be sure to register, volunteer, or in some way let the organizers of this event know that you can support it. The more of us participate, the better it gets.

check the RaiderCon site or PM me for info.

Cheers!

5. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    According to the website, RaiderCon has been officially cancelled. Bummer.

It seems that a lock of sponsors and organization is to blame, but hopefully we can get something going for next year.

6. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Well, that sucks :( When is the next meeting that is in driving distance from here. Anyone know. I think it would be neat to go to one, since I have never gotten to before.

7. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    July 10-11 there is a Con in Richardson (dallas) that is supposed to be pretty cool. I may try and get to that one.

I'll try and find the website for that con and post it here.

8. JarodDaKarr

JarodDaKarr Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2004
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/

I've been to a couple of his shows and they are nothing short of amazing! I highly recommend this to anyone.

Best of all, he offers an autograph authenticity seal that you can put on the back of your photos and he keeps one side of the card, and you keep the other so if you have to sell, you can prove it's an authentic signature!

I'd say give me a call for details on it, but since I don't have a phone... you might look through some very old posts around in here the time episode 1 or 2 came out to see if they still have the review up.

One other thing, I just found my old review under an old username, so here is the link to that if you want to see what it's all about!

http://boards.theforce.net/Lubbock,_TX/b10148/6995470/?1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.