main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Ray Park to appear at SYRACUSE HEROES EXPO

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jeffwatkins, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffwatkins

jeffwatkins Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    [image=http://www.syracuseheroesexpo.com/graphics/guests/ray-park.jpg]

OCTOBER 22, 2006
    SYRACUSE, NY
    SYRACUSE HEROES EXPO
    Holiday Inn Convention Center

GUESTS INCLUDE:

Ray Park-Ray played DARTH MAUL in Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace and TOAD in the first X-Men movie. It is his first appearance in upstate NY.

The 501st of Rochester, NY-Some of the greatest Star Wars costumes in the world. They were a big hit at the Expo in May!

The cast and crew of 'Reign of the Fallen'-The director and actors of this highly acclaimed feature length Star Wars fan film will be hosting the movie and a Q+A will follow.

Also:
    The Iron Shiek-Classic WWE Wrestling Superstar

Yvonne Craig- Yvonne is famous for portraying Batgirl on the BATMAN TV series will be signing autographs all day long.

Francis Manapul-Artist of Witchblade, Tomb Raider, GI Joe Declassified

Kalman Andrasofszky-Artist of Ion, Outsiders, iCandy, Infinite Crisis Secret Files

Mike Raicht-Writer of the upcoming Marvel MAX series, ZOMBIE, and X-Men Unlimited

Agnes Garbowska-Artist of EvilRabbit.com

John Russo-Screenwriter of the classic movie, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and writer of the Escape of the Living Dead and Night of the Living Dead comic books from Avatar Press. He'll be hosting a special screening of the film with a Q+A to follow.

CB Cebulski-Writer of X-MEN:FAIRY TALES, Star Wars Tales and X-Men Unlimited

www.syracuseheroesexpo.com has all the vitals, as well as a messageboard.
    Parking is totally free.

-EB GAMES is sponsoring a full day of video game tourneys with prizes awarded to winners.
    Games include: STAR WARS:BATTLERONT II, Guitar Hero, Marvel VS Capcom, WWE Wrestling, Halo 2 and more.

-A media room will be showing anime premieres and fan films all day long.

If you live in or around NY state, check out a great event that boasts great guests, media, and programming. Comic books, sci-fi, manga, action figures, horror cinema, anime, video gaming and way more.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Looking forward to this one!

~Doc_Bev

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    501st of Rochester, NY?:confused:

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Simple misunderstanding. So far all of the 501st members he's met have been from Rochester.

I'll try to remember to mention it to him the next time I talk with him.

~Doc_Bev

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    is Ff being represented at the con does anyone know? :)

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll be bringing Rebellion fliers (as I do for every event I do), but I think you'd be the best one to answer the question on behalf of SCJ. Is anyone from Syracuse FF representing at this event?

~Doc_Bev

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I asked you awhile ago if we were sharing a table. ;)
    If there is space at the table for the Banner then yes SCJ can be there to help.

However, since you were the main contact for this I assumed you were having rebellion there as well as 501st. Just checking since if rebellion is going I didnt see it advertised like u normally do. Just the 501st. :)

Usually there is some mention. Perhaps he can update that to reflect the many groups there, that would be great :)

If there isnt enough space on one table can he accommadate a second one that we can connect the two?
    It would be nice to have two there so we can fill both with lots of goodies :)

Pm me with raffle needs etc

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry I had been concentrating on other things up until now and am just getting up to focusing on October events. We'd love to see SCJ involved in the event. Plenty of room for the SCJ banner, however if you'd prefer a seperate table I can PM you the promotor's contact information.

While some members may overlap with other groups, "The Rebellion" is not participating in this event. Garrison Excelsior will be there and would love to see both Echo Base and FanForce particpate. I'm the main contact for the 501st, but had assumed you would be for FanForce.

It would be really great to get some SCJ fliers for the table. If you could send us SCJ or generic FF fliers in an electronic format we can print some out to ensure we have them to pass out.

I'll point out the differences in the clubs attending when next I contact the promotor.

Leaning towards not doing a raffle as at the last con we only sold 3 tickets.

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    your best bet then is to PM me the promotor information and I will organise the FF side of things from here. thanks for your response. :)

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    PM sent.

~Doc_Bev

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've gotten all my pictures uploaded, but I haven't weeded out all the duplicates yet nor are they all rotated.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.