main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    No Thrawn does not have gills. (That we know of anyway. Only Zahn knows.)

Ok, what type of weapon do you think Thrawn would use. (Other then a blaster and a crossbow)

Me, a spear or some type of sword. <shrugs>

2. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Quarterstaff. Just because it's different. Not to mention it requires skill.

If this were a crossover, I'd say Minbari fighting pike. Same principle, higher tech.

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    never thought of a quaterstaff...

What about a Force pike?

Or is that kinda the same thing?

4. XCountryJedi

XCountryJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2001
    Okay, so I was wrong. But gills would have been useful.

I think Thrawn would challange him to a Chess game and win a bet receiving all of the other's weapons. Then Thrawn would punch him and down he goes............ I don't know.

I just remembered something I forgot to tell you guys. Yesterday at OMSI we saw an OMNIMAX movie called, "Amazing Caves." Liam Neeson was Narrating and The Moody Blues did the music. At first I was distracted by the voice. ,: ) Well, I can't think of anything else. Cya!

5. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    AT60 I believe Anison said to "young" not to "old" ;)

Thrawn would use a sword I guess or something like a saber you know like the french kind :)

**goes of in search of the blue milk**

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    <hands GAP a glass of blue milk>

im bored........i wanted to write my gladiator/thrawn story but.....i ended up writing a whole different story.

Its a AU EU NJO story. Thrawn is alive, but retired and living on one of the Chiss colony worlds as a farmer with his own family. He's a husband, father, and now grandfather.

His heart no longer wants to fight dispite what his rational side is telling him. But when two Jedi come to his world and asks for his help to grant them an audience with the High Council, he soon finds himself in a war of survival as the Vong invade the Unknown Regions and conquer the colony world he lives on.

Unfortunately, the Vong succeed in capturing a small ban of rebels along with himself. He survives the sacrifices because the gods believe him to be worthy. Thrawn betrays the galaxy and joins the Yuuzhan Vong and their beliefs.

Or did he?

7. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Wooo!! Sounds interesting GAT! You going to post in the Egroups for all to read? ;)

Sorries your bored though. That's never fun... could be worse though, you could be at work with a bad headache. :confused:

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes when I am finished

9. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Yeah, being bored is never any fun.

Gat, can't wait to read more of your story!

Chiss, gave me a challenge on a short fic. for the EB group. Hehe, so I gotta pay attention at work today.I already have some ideas floating around though.

10. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    Sounds like fun Cmdr hope you let me read it to ;)

hmmm this slacker council thingy looks weird never really took the time to check it out but ... WTF is going on there a flame forum? dude can't we be friendly to eachother...

oh if any of you members read this don't try to flame me cuz I'll reply just so you know ;)

11. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Don't have to worry about that from me, I've never been to the Slacker Council. I go to too many message boards as is... :p

I wonder if there is a 12 step program to getting out of the habit of posting on too many MBs.

12. XCountryJedi

Feb 15, 2001
    Ahh!!! Too many! I can't keep up. Everyone, I'm giving you a late warning. Beware the Fan Fiction part of the JC. The stories usually aren't finished and you get hooked in and you have to check each and every one of them whenever there is a post.

Okay. Now, what were we talking about? The Hater Community? I stopped by there. I told them I hated pineapples, grapes and cherries. ,: )

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I am afraid that I am guilty when it comes to not finishing my works. BUT I do intend on continuing some of my major ones like my SW/James Bond Crossover...my Thrawn in the NJO AU story.

Um...The Hunt for the Sovereignty and Treachery, Hope, and Loyalty story. So many, so little time.

14. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    I can see him useing an Yari. It's basically a sword on a stick. It's by far more dangerous in the hands of a woman, for they're slightyl better at wielding it. Tho as the story goes, Coman stuch his sowrd on a stick and used one as well.

Nother cool thing, if you check into it, the samurai sword had great parise. Much like Jedi Lightsabers. They were treated with great respect and care. A very skilled person with one could be rather dangerous. Plus, the sword is still a very important symbol today because of it';s history. A person with a sword had power over life and death and it is still so with swords today.

15. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ick...Homework.....

**yawns**

Morning everyone...

16. XCountryJedi

Feb 15, 2001
    'Morning.

This is wierd. I've changed my preferences to 50 posts per page, so now instead of 106 pages, there is only 53. It confused me at first, and now I have to change all my favorites.

Oops! I just realized it isn't morning anymore. I just had breakfast, so it feels like morning. ,: )

17. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    while painting some models tonight, I realized something after I basically waxed my arm while puling off the semi-toxic potentially birth deffect causeing glue. When I finally get to procreating, I think my future children will be mutated. All the art stuff, half of it toxic, and I'm the type to both create and wear my work and supplies (paint, glue etc), me thinks they might be not quite normal.

Of course, if I had kids that were pale blue with glowing red eyes, insane ol' me would think there's nothing wrong with them :p

18. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Yay!! I'm BACK!!

I DID say too _young_, and you're right, 16 is not too young to date.... BUT, I'm not really 16, despite what it says in my profile. *acts sheepish* Heh. Fancy that...

Quarterstaffs are cool... What about one of those things Kir Kanos wields in Crimson Empire? or are those unique to the Imperial Guard? I can see Thrawn with almost any "melee weapon," but not with any type of blaster. Seems beneath him, almost.

19. XCountryJedi

Feb 15, 2001
    I can't date until I'm 16. At least that's what my mom says. Looks around, whistles, finds the ceiling very fastenating...

Good-middle-of-the-night to you all. ,: )

Do you Thrawn might have had a bounty on him at some time? If so from who? (Let's toss in another Thrawn related thing to talk about.)

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    yes just to prove how smart he was, compared to the other grand admirals.

do you know this is the first time i've noticed this thread??? my god, i love Thrawn, please dont let anyone close it down!!!!

devils advocate chips in - 16 is actually quite late to start dating, i began just after my 15th birthday. and that was late compared to my mates. (oh crap off topic again) i'm sure Thrawn would have started dating early as well!!!! so smart and suave, imagine how may chicks that guy picked up in his hey day!!!!

21. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    wow.....I like the JC change.

BAH! back to topic...AT60 approve me so I can join the group.

You know this group will be #4 for some of us at yahoo groups.

22. Anison

Oct 26, 2000
    I can see Thrawn playing April Fools pranks. They would have to be those convoluted pranks where the victim does not know that they have been fooled for days afterward. (sorry to pick on Pellaeon :))

Pellaeon: That was a VERY good April Fools prank, sir.
    Thrawn: ???
    Pellaeon: You mean you don't...?
    Thrawn: Captain, It's December 3rd.
    Pellaeon: oh...

I would find it hard to believe that Thrawn DIDN'T have a bounty on his head at one time or another. Hmmmm... *wanders off, mumbling about a Thrawn/Fett fanfic*

EDIT: Hey!! It's a drawing of a Chimera!!
    (by Jennifer Sabado (Don't Kill Me!!)) go here:

http://www.yerf.com/sabajenn/caspol.gif

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    ROFLMAO! I was expecting a ship! Damn.....

Anyway.....Thrawn with a bounty on his head? Hmmmmm.....<glances at the TSC RR> I think Thrawn will have one in our fic perhaps. Maybe not. <shrugs>

I joined the Thrawn mailing group thing u started......This is my fifth Thrawn ML i have joined.........: )

24. Anison

Oct 26, 2000
    eek. Poor AT_60. *silently swears never to join the military ;)*

I just checked out the MJ Fan club. They are much more on topic than we are. *sigh* Oh well. *searches under her bed for something to talk about*

Ok, I've been thinking about this for a while: Why isn't Zahn writing a NJO book (or two, or five, or twenty? :)) Why do so many people hate him? Do you think people's hatred of Thrawn springs from that?

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zahn had a fallout with Del Ray thats why he's not writing for the NJO. Well thats what I heard.

And I think the reason why alot people don't like Zahn are for two reasons: 1) They are impatient and grow tired of novels that are detailed. 2) Fans obesses over him too much in their face and they form a hatred for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.