main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA READ NOW!! February Meeting Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    no ~ I didn't go to KOTR = because of my earlier sentiments. I went to a bunch of others though.

I miss ECW.

I hate the direction wrestling has turned. I miss the idea of going to see someone get the stuffing beat out of them = not going to see who was going to wear the skimpiest outfit (Sorry guys :) ) or what new outlandish plot idea Vinny Mac was coming out with.

Along with my thoughts on this, Would wrestling being within the bounds of the "wholesome ~ PG rating" our club is suppose to uphold? Just a thought that y'all could go, but maybe not be listed as a SWAP sanctioned event. ~ sorry to dappen the thoughts :(

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *^_^*
    Wrestling.. ah, it's not a lot of fun for me, but for people who like it, I guess it's good. I know Vern likes it. ^_^
    Metallijedi, what figures are you auctioning off for ComiCon?

3. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Personally I am not a fan of wrestling and would not attend.

Not that anyone asked......:)

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Me either, Rebel Dawn. I've watched it a few times, mostly out of curiousity because a good friend of mine works for WWE. He agrees the writing has sucked for a while now . . .

I'd rather go watch the robots battle.

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    It doesn't matter. I could watch people lay the smackdown on each other just as easily as I could lay the smackdown upon you all with a battlebot.

6. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I can't stand wrestling. Robot fighting is more enjoyable.

7. Taker

Taker Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2002
    I say the order menu, but then again all you can fries is tempting, I'll try to make this one, so far I feel like a jobber (REALLY BAD WRESTLER) cause of my 1 goto, 2 misses, I'll try to make this one for sure, I'll see if my dad can drive if not, Sal you'll have to give me a lift, BTW not trying to pressure you but when can I expect my CD to be returned? I'll think about the other option of all you can eat, but for sure I'll try to come this one, and any kind of attire this time to? didn't bother to read all the topic sorry

8. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    What's the phone number of the meeting place, so I can call for directions?

-BW

9. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Can someone confirm this for me?

We are meeting at the North park Lounge on the 16th. We are just ordering from the menu if we want to, and then we are going to hang out and play games.

What did I screw up/forget?

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Phil/Taker, as per usual you will have to call me the week of the meeting if you still need a ride. If you come to it, I can give you your CD back, in person. Otherwise I'll make other arrangements.

11. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    U got it all Shew Except the meeting time = 1:30 pm

Hope to see ya there :D

12. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I just realized, there's no way I'll be able to make the meeting this month. February 16th is the first day of winston cup racing this year....and if I can help it, I NEVER miss a race. Did you all know I was a HUGE fan of winston cup racing?? hehe GOOOOOO JEFFYYYYYYYY :D

Anyways, feb. 16 is no good for me, sorry. I love my star wars, but I loves me nascar too :).

13. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    To repeat, need the info. Throw me a bone here. Where's the clubhouse for the meeting? What's the phone number of the place? Is it in the park itself? It is the golf clubhouse, or something else?

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry it took so long to get you the info Brendon. I couldn't find my notebook. The number is 724-449-9090.

15. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Thank you very much, good sir!

-BW

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If you have anything for the agenda please have it ready and submit it here so I can print enough to pass out and it is not excluded from the list.

17. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    I heard the weather man calling for snow Saturday and Sunday. Who will make the call to cancel the meeting if it is snowing too bad and how will people be notified?

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    We should still make it a go. Whomever can make it does.

It's too late to change dates as others may have plans for the next couple of weekends.

I know, I have group "business" to discuss and attend to.

I will plan on being there unless we get the blizzard of the year.

Don't forget all that, I will have your t-shirts.

19. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    I didn't mean to just change it because they are calling for snow. I was just wondering who would make the call if there IS a blizzard in Butler, but it's ok in Penn Hills - which happens often. I don't want anyone to get hurt trying to make a meeting.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Just make the call for yourselves. If you plan on going say so in this thread. If you do plan to and then because of weather can't and want to let us know I'll be glad to PM my cell to you so you can call and let us know.

Like I said, for me it will have to be the blizzard of the year for me not to show up, so calling me if you want to let us know if your not going to make it afterall, is okay by me.

21. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    The last word from Ol' Joe

Light snow showers sunday

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The second draft of the member directory will be at the meeting for everyone to peruse. I've added some graphics to the back inside cover.

I'll need ideas for more graphics from you all, if you want them. NOT until you've seen it though. I won't be able to do anything about it until then anyway, so think on it and talk to me at the meeting, if you have ideas for graphics.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Last call for agenda additions. I am printing them up in the morning.

24. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Since my current (and decidedly poopy) financial situation requires me to work 2 jobs @ 50+ hours a week, and because they put me on the schedule for Sunday, I shan't be able to make the meeting. :(

However, Sal, I believe Shewski is planning to attend, so I fully authorize him to pick up my T-shirt for me, since I'll probably be getting together with him sometime after the meeting, but before the gaming tourney.

If I'm wrong, and he doesn't show, I'll just get my shirt from you the next time we run into one another. (At the gaming tourney, next meeting, whatever...)

I was hoping that I could make this one, but, unfortunately, it looks like the Fickle Finger of Fate had other plans.

Boooooo!

Needs a real job,
    Yours Truly

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Ben, when's the gaming session again?

No prob about the shirt. Shewski will get it or I'll bring it to the gaming session.

I need directions to your place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.