main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    While responding to a friend's e-mail about a anime con he went to with Peter Cullen, the Optimus Prime voice actor, I noticed that Ken Lashley has posted many of our sketches on his Draxhall Jump webpage from the Syracuse Heroes comic show. The Silver Surfer sketch he did in my first sketch book at an early CNSFX and the General Grievous he drew in my Jedi Training sketch book at this event are about halfway down the page. :cool: Chewie made an appearance as well!

2. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Woohoo! This week in NYC its Spiderman week, so theres all sorts of spiderman themed events going on. Today I got to meet Topher Grace at a signing!

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Very Cool Ron! Hey when you coming home? be back for Lilac Parade?

4. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey Tomorrow May 3rd is Daria's Birthday. We wanted to try to get sneek peek passes for Spidey 3 but that didn't happen, so we're going to try someting different.

[image=http://images.cafepress.com/product/19180049_150x150_Front.jpg]
    MAY 3 Walk event :: The City Walk in the East End!

Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with The City Walk this Thursday, May 3rd with a fiesta in the Alexander/East End Area! Say ?hola? to fun, and ?adios? to staying at home! There will be drink specials, raffles, and giveaways throughout the night at each stop! We'll be starting at Spot Coffee at 6pm, stopping at Mex from 6:30-7:45pm, Two89 from 7:45-9:00pm, and Vinyl from 9:00pm on. .

If anyone wants to join us call us we'll look for ya . we'll be at Spot Coffee @ 6pm

The Walk is our premier event! The first Thursday of every month, we walk to three local venues, including restaurants, bars, cafes, galleries, museums, and music rooms. We provide a safe and laid-back way to meet new people and experience nightlife in the city of Rochester. Attendance at these events ranges from 60 to 150 people. Ages range from 3 months to 73 years, with most in the 25 to 45 range. People from all walks of life are welcome! Walks are held year-round, no matter what the weather, so always come prepared. You can expect exclusive drink discounts, complementary appetizers, live concerts, and giveaways from our generous local sponsors (see our Sponsor section below for a list of supporting local businesses!). Whether you're new to town or a Rochester native, there is no easier way to meet new people!

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    That's too cool!

Although I must admit I had to look up who Topher Grace was. [face_blush]
    But I know now...

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    May the 4th be with you everyone!

~Doc_Bev

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    This was actually a fun time. Bill & Di joined us the drinks & food at Mex was very good,. They hold raffels all night ling I won a sombero & Diane won 2 tix to the downstairs cabaret. They are going to do a Lilac City Walk during the festival & the next big won will be a city walk not in the city but in Pittsford, it happens to be on our Anniversary so we're probably going to do that too,.

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Saw Spiderman 3 today. I thought it was the best Spiderman yet. It was great. Lots of fun. A lot of it was hysterical. Loads of laughs. I even laughed inappropriately at parts I was probably not supposed to laugh at. I do that a lot. (Hills have eyes, total laugh fest)[face_laugh] [face_laugh] :eek: :p Spiderman had Lots of dark stuff as well.

9. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Lookit what I found! From February, no less...

http://www.ifilm.com/group/starwars?video=2862605&epIndex=1&viewOption=images

Ashley's Jawa "interviewing" Ryan's Anakin... I didn't even know about this...

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    FYI - My cell phone died sometime late Thursday and I probably won't be getting a replacement for a few days.

~Doc_Bev

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I got my replacement cell phone in yesterday and now it's all up and running and activated.

~Doc_Bev

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Some sad news to pass along...

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community.
    The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71. Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkie, and Captain Crunch.

The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
    Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else that may be having a crumby day and kneads it.

~Doc_Bev

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
  14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey do you think she'll be able to make it into the Rebel legion?......
    [image=http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/ltcmdrtom/081407_2010.jpg]

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    [face_laugh]
    Whoah! Look at those eyes!

~Doc_Bev

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Zeus really liked Bella in this! When he wanted to get into the "fun" too, Tom wouldn't take a picture of him as Drag Dog Leia. The buns actually looked better on his brown fur. [face_whistling]

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Happy Halloween everyone! [face_pumpkin]

~Doc_Bev

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    [face_skull] Happy Halloweeenie! [face_skull]

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Ok.....why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Where do I go to complain about a Mod?

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    First step would probably be to talk to your CR. ;)
    Next would be our RSA, who is Meriwyn at the moment.

~Doc_Bev

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    When I stop steaming I'll PM you.
    Got a few meetings this afternoon anyways so it'll prolly be tonight.

23. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Okay, I almost fell out of my chair when 2 of my favorite worlds collided in the following 2 articles. [face_love] I always knew of their sci-fi interests (just look at their name) and then on the Tour in 2005 they had a cool anime movie where each of them had super powers, but a Star Wars connection too? :eek:

Welcome to Planet Duran Duran: The Sound & The Concepts.

24. SithTazReborn

SithTazReborn Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2001
    Hehehehe I was looking through old threads on my lunch and found this username.
    Its me Wingy.

This is my old old old dust-covered old username from when I first joined.

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Now thats a handsome devil, SithTazReborn he is a good lookin guy eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.