main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebelscum Move - News Update - Move Has Finished!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 1, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not yet - I don't know where Grahame is in the conversion process. I know he's been tweaking stuff and doing some minor bug fixes on Rebelscum since they came back up.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    They already started on it a couple weeks ago. Last I heard from Philip was that they modified their export script and were recently able to export small sets of posts successfully. So that's a great sign.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Do users post in font colors over there?

:p

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not sure...
    I've posted there but haven't really noticed.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    idea: explain wt[h] rebelscum is, why it is important to us. For n00bs, not me

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Great news, glad to hear it. :)

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum is also owned by Philip Wise, and the folks who worked on the conversion there will also be doing ours. In the Rebelscum case, I believe the forums and database were already on Philip's own servers. However, they were having some security problems and decided to convert to the same VBulletin software we will be using. So the forums were converted onto new servers. Our forums are quite a bit more complicated as there is no VB import script for the IGN format.

So that's why we've been keeping an eye on their move.