main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Redcar Filming Updates (from J_M_Booth and Spike Thimd

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by jedi_master_booth, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Well Day 1

I arrived at 07.30am this Morning and had my first cup of tea -
    I saw An actor called Mr Spike T Walking past In his Unifrom It took a bit of shouting to get him to notice me ! Hu Actor's.
    Well to cut down a lot (basicly My group was Green group sat about for 9 hours with Nothing to do at all
    but wait our turn to get on to the beach )
    I did how ever get a .22 Rifle (Called Number 8's )and after yet another Health and saftey breifing (This time with the odd question from the other Actors to the H&S Advisor Do you wear Eye Liner ! Reply No But I will go and put some on for you dear!)

It was 4.10pm by the Time My Group was able to make it onto the Beach we Stood around While the Star of the Film (Mr Tumniss from the Lion the whitch and the Wardrobe) Did his climbing on to the back of a Truck as to show him coming over the Redcar Dunes To find to his horror the beach full of 1000 extra's Sorry Actor's.

5 times he climbed the truck and each time we got very board !

Home time was 8.20pm

PS The Crew are taking Good care of us with Free food and drink ! Mind you Im waiting to see Spikes face after He has tryed them Herbal Cigarettes !

We are hoping to get a pic done for here !

Ill leave it there and wait for spike to fill in his report

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005

Well my day started nice & early, I was at Redcar for 6:30am - yes am !!
    A quick change in 1940's uniform - which do icth, then off to make-up. Here's a trade secret for you, instead of using hairgel using BABY LOTION !!!! followed by greasing up face & hands, no scars of blood today I'm afraid [face_frustrated]

Only 50 people were chosen for the 1st scence & unfortunatley I wasn't one of them :_| I did however get picked for the "green screen" shoot, which gave me my first hands on a rifle [face_dancing] and I'll tell you what - they are heavy. The next 4-5 hours or so were spent being filmed in sets of 5's in front of a green sheet pretending so spot planes, checking rifles & uniform, speak amongst ourselves & holding the rifle above our heads (this was to be superimposed to make it look like we are in the sea) We were told that this 50 would go through the whole CGI process to turn us into 30,000 that means there will be 600 spike_thmid's on Dunkirk beach [face_devil]

Then all 1000 people were positioned on the main set to film one scene were the male lead (James McAvoy) runs up a sand dune (the side of the truck with sand on it) the see the troops waiting to be evacuated, I was in the right place for the opening shot before it panned out [face_dancing] but to make myself stand out a little bit more I decided to "smoke" a herbal ciggy - little did I know but this one small scene was re-shot about 8 times !! and each time I was given another ciggy I think I'm getting addicted to fake cigs !!

Anyway all in all a very interesting day, I can't wait for tomorrow - and hopefully I'll be able to take a few pic's :D

3. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Spike thimd Posted
    I think I'm getting addicted to fake cigs !![face_shame_on_you]

You can alway try my pipe m8 I was Snapping at everyone Because I didnt take my backie (Whach out for clowds of Smoke 2mro m8 It will be me !

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    looking good actors!

5. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Keep this up and you'll end up listed on the cast list :D

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If you look in today's Daily Telegraph there's a big article about the filming. Didn't spot you guys in there, though :(

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Will you two be signing photographs at Collectormania G-Mex then? :p

Well done btw =D=

8. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Well done guys! :D =D=

9. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Day 2

I arrived on set at 07.03am And after I had signed in (as we all must or we dont get payed)
    @ 08.25am I got in to my French Costume (:_| Somewhat heavy to wear due to the weight)
    Once I had gotten ready I headed into the Car park outside where I bumped into Jedi Spike After a breif chat about what is planned to be done today Filming Someone kindly Took our pic So what out for the Uniform Pic to come!.

Well after another sit down and yet more cups of Milkie tea My gang headed down to the beach (My gang being French soldiers totaling about 12 lads) We Stood Towards the Back of the Set While the Actor's were getting ready for the days Filming,
    Well The Tommys to my left were told to stand next to some boxes and NOT move ! They Moved when the Sea Came in (Also See Spikes Football game)
    By this time we were getting VERY board just sat about not doing anything at all! We spoke to soon !!We were taking to the Main road outside the Hotel(basicly Next to the ferris Wheel) We had a small breifing on what to do - Sounds easy but to do it was strangley diffrent.We had to walk towards the Cinema and down on to the Beach turn right then left and stop ! a walk of sum 90 yards! But you have to remember there is rubble all over the Floor and the sand is 4" (Four Inches)deep in some area's Not good to walk on I can tell you, While this is going on Some Very brave Lads Who had been offered £30 extra to strip off Nude yes NUDE and be covered from Head to Mid chest in somethng looking like Oil they had to then Run into the North Sea (Which was very cold).

Well Time after time we (my gang) walked up and down the down on to the beach back and forth just so the Actor's could do there Lines right and the director could get Diffrent Camera angles of what was going on -
    Buy this time the sun was going down and the fires they had were going on all about so the sky was Black with smoke Ok so the sun was going down and the light was fadeing fast.
    We all had to line up in Colour groups before heading back to get chanced and head home

I CAN SAY I HAD VEGGIE MEALS TO WHICH JASE WOULD BE PROUD OF

I was told as my time sheet was being signed off Thanks your Not needed 2mro Yipppeee !

I arrived home @ 10.45pm

10. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Day 3

Well there I was having my lie in and off went my mobile I had left the alarm on no sorer had I turned it of the Mobile went off again (Film Company can you come in 2day please)I-) Well i arrived on set this Morning for 07.21am or there abouts The day Went ok And pretty fast! I signed in and then headed off to Chance into My French Costume :_|
    So there I was Changed and ready I looked around In the main hall Only to notice I was the Only French Soldier there (ooops)
    Never Mind We all left the main hall and were taken for a walk down to the set and around the a holding area behind some house's.[face_whistling]
    The holding area had some food trucks into and a few OAP's walking up and down taking pis of the Brave soldiers - AT last we were told to move on down to the cinema - As we were heading down into Cinema i was Pulled out of the line up (This Commanding voice you come over here ! Oh No what now) Your french Come with me said this small oldish guy Im taking you back to the costume centre to change you into a Tommy (British Soldier)i was picked because of my pipe never being out of my mouth.
    By the time I had come back on set All hell had broken Loose I heard someone say theres a Fight in the Cinema (True there was a fight In the film a RAF Pilot officer gets set upon by British troops because the RAF didnt come there help when they were being bombed by the Germans! But what you dont get to see much of is every Tommy Was singing and then going straight into a major Bust up by Wrecking the Joint AND I MEAN REALY WRECKING THE JOINT Chair cushions flying about in the air and the guys Scrapping with each other Even our Spikey Joined in!=D= =D= .

We ended it for Lunch time and off to Dinner Or in my case 2 apples and a bread roll plus a cup of tea (Talk about healthy eating) By the time Our Spikey got into the Queue He was Stung by a Wasp :_| Poor Spikey!
    The other Extra's turned up on site for 13.00hrs (1pm)
    Ok after Dinner it was back to the Cinema and more re shooting of the Fight scene's ( there was a small old guy the Spitting Image of George Formby who had lead us all in song )The song being There'll be blue birds over the white cliffs of dover And so on !!Ok This guy had been geting on everyone's nerves ordering people about left right and centre so One lad chucked a Cushion at him Well He went off it Swearing and screaming he Grabbed this poor young teenager and if you do that again Ill Kill you (Poor young lad it wasnt him I saw who did do it But Im no Grass)[face_laugh]

Well after the filming inside the cinema we all ended up outside for yet another tea break By this time the Weather turned a bit and it was spitting on to rain so we had to go back into the Cinema were we whatched the Fight scene again then it was back outside And ready for Mine and spikeys finest part (the beaten up RAF Officer gets taken outside side to be dumped into the sea Only that he gets to run off) So as He Runs away He runs past Us! me with my lit pipe offering Spikey a light for His herbal Cigarettes (We had some lines to say off camera )

Well after that was a Big cheer and some kind words said by the crew then we headed back to get changed -
    Mr Actor Spike Has been asked to come back for yet another day of Filming ! Must be his Charm :rolleyes:

Well thats me Done it was well worth it And I would do it again !

Next we are looking for jedi's to do the Theatre

11. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    =D= Im reading the book ATONEMENT is anyone elce ?[face_dancing]
    http://www.ianmcewan.com/bib/books/atonement.html

And Im waiting for the Film to come out -
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/
    (They have missed off two names from the cast list!)[face_laugh]

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Do the words 'pictures please' ring any bells? [face_not_talking]

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Not sure I want pics of men running into the sea as Dave said above, maybe you should keep that to MSN :p

14. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm getting my pic's tomorrow - hence me holding back on the update front

hopefully it'll be worth the wait [face_peace]

15. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Looking forward to it I am

16. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    Brief update now I have the photo's, what an absolute fantastic week !!

I was one of the 50 doing the "green screen" filming on Monday, which was quite interesting - and will look quality whenthe film comes out.

Tuesday was great fun, paid to play football on the beach, although by the end of the day my feet were killing me (those damn boots)

Wednesday - the cinema - what can I say? it was a riot !!!! though it was really interesting to watch Joe actually directing the fight. When we all went outside I was stood about 2 foot away from where the RAF bloke runs off so hopefully I'll be on screen

I was also one of the lucky 30 to be asked back on Thursday, but unfortunatley it was an anti-climax, only 20 of us went over to the set & only about 8 of those were chosen to be in the scene (and I wasn't one of the 8) On a lighter note we got to watch the 4 1/2 min shoot from Tuesday and even without sound/special effects it looks awesome !!!! anyone on the bandstand will really see themselves on screen.

All in all it was a privilage to take part in the filming - can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Now for the pic's

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/Atonement/3bb71eaf.jpg]
    On the left Jedi_Master_Booth (Dave) on the right yours truly - a bit of Anglo French Relations [face_peace]

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/Atonement/d24b8dda.jpg]
    Here's me and my brother (he's the one with the bandage) bet you didn't know they had polystrene cups in 1940 !!

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/Atonement/347a7bc7.jpg]
    The Dunkirk 6-a-side teams, the bullets may rain down but nothing stops a good old British Tommy from his game of footy :D

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/Atonement/94201cba.jpg]
    They say a picture paints a thousand words......

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Spike Thmid said :
    When we all went outside I was stood about 2 foot away from where the RAF bloke runs off so hopefully I'll be on screen [face_dancing]

J_M_Booth say's
    should'nt that be hopefully WE will be on screen when the RAf Bloke runs past ![face_praying]

Good Pics matey !=D= The french Unifrom was ok to wear But the British Tommie Uiifrom was Itchey to wear !
    pitty I didnt get a pic of me as a tommie!:oops:

Im NOW waiting for the film to come out ![face_dancing] known my luck Ill have been cut out and spike will be in it [face_laugh]

18. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Looking awesome mate! :D =D=

And that hair cut now makes you look just like ROTS Obi-Wan. :p

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Those pics are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Well done guys =D= =D= =D=

Mind if I use some in the FF-UK Memories book? :cool:

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Great pics guys - you look like you had some good fun. Long days though - but not something that happens daily in yer life.

Wheres the guns though?

21. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Very awesome pics, guys. Sounds like filming was a blast.

22. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Found This Showing all kind of Pic's from Before during and after

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.plews/Atonement/atonement/31.july.html

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  24. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Wow, incredible pics.