main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Reid Park Zoo Howl-O-Ween 2007!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jun 6, 2007.

1. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I have my Emperor costume ready except for one thing: the mask is hard to keep attatched to my face. Does anyone know of some kind of thing that I could use to attatch the latex mask to my face so it doesn't droop, stretch, or move?

darn computer logged me in on my old account...

2. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Go to the halloween store or any costume store and buy some spirit gum. That will do it. Problably should get the remover too...

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Sprit gum, you can get it at almost any halloween shop. It whould be with the face makeup and other latex parts.

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Sprit gum, you can get it at almost any halloween shop. It should be with the face makeup and other latex parts.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Just be careful when you peel the mask off so that it doesn't tear.

Water and Gatorade will be provided.

6. PikeKrzoick

PikeKrzoick Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    Hey Dustin...

Did I understand correctly that we are NOT to park the same place as last time? I also missed whether or not we would have a changing room this year. Last I knew our changing room was under construction.

7. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    OK peeps some last minute stuff!!!!!! We need the following.......

Extension cords
    Surge protectors
    Folding table
    Bags of candy
    Sunday help!!!!

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I'll answer part of this for him: We actually are in the same spot as last year, except this time we have more room. As for changing room, I don't know.

9. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    We are parking our vehicles in the main zoo parking lot not in back like last year

10. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Mike, he was talking about PARKING

thats what you get for answering for me

NO, we are not parking in the same place as last year, we have to park in the regular customer lot. Anyone can call me anytime, 360-3765!

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Since I was not here last year the main lot?

Not Follow the main signs to the front zoo entrence (country club)?

Go in by the cancer statues (22nd)?

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/zoo_map_01.gif]
    [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/zoo_map_02.gif]

maybe I'm confusing something else.... the main (front) entrence is on 22nd?

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I will come Two of the Three nights.

On Friday and Sunday. Either as the Guard or Scout.

I'm going to a work related party on Saturday night that just so happens to overlap. Sort of last min. but I really should to do go to this party.

13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    :oops: My bad. That's what I get for speedreading [face_hypnotized]

14. akala_kenobi

akala_kenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2007
    hey my mom and i will be able to come and help hand out candy to night (saturday).

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    thanks you all so much for coming!! We had a record amount of fan force and dsg there to make this the best appearance yet!

3200 people attended, and today will be even bigger!

Pics are up!
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/HowlOween%202007/

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Mirrored URL on website http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/pictures.htm

O, and yes, thanks to all that attended and helped make this go so smooth, very much, very large thanks to the wranglers for making this happen (esp. Michele and Amber)! Also, THX to Dustin for doing the backdrops and holding us together.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Good luck folks! I remember the first year and it was awesome!

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    A little note for everyone...

WATER is essential for life. This is never more true than when one lives in a desert area and wears full body costumes.

I have supplied iced water and Gatorade for the past two nights. I will do so again tonight. Both the water and Gatorade are free to all because of the importance of staying hydrated in the desert and in costume.

However, by the time this weekend ends, I will have shelled out over fifty dollars for these items. I do not find any logical reason I should have to shoulder this expenditure alone. So I will be asking for donations from anybody and everybody tonight. I am not looking to make a profit, just trying to defray costs.

So far, this weekend has been PHENOMENAL. Keep it going, guys.

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    This is NOT an unreasonable request... Jack has always supplied liquids and has never even blinked when we request some. This ?hobby" can get very expensive and sometimes we to make assumptions that things will be ?taken care of?. If we don't have something we miss it but if we do we forget to thank the person that thinks of the things we may need (I'm guilty of this myself). So, thanks Jack for supplying liquids for the last 2 years (and all the other stuff you do).

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I totally agreee Jack, and will gladly contribute!

Your water and gatorade has saved so many of us especially after walking on saturday and then doing the zoo!

Just a request people.......CLEAN UP YOUR MESS! The table was left trashed, and Michele, Mike, and I spent some time picking up garbage, cups, gatorade bottles, etc.

The zoo personnell have been incredible, offering golf carts, help setting up, basically catering to our every need, please lets not risk offending them, we want to get invited back next year!!

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It was fantastic! Thank to all that helped.

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I had a great time. I survived the candy handing out again. What were the final attendance numbers?

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I did mean to mention I didn't know till it was too late that Cheryl was the only one (at least on Sunday) handing out candy... I did want to thank her for that.

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    same here thank you Cheryl! And everytime I see your Jedi costume, I think how good it looks, bet you cant wait to graduate to master (but you're gonna have to resign yourself to the lack of hair braiding)!

Thanks for being there o much and helping unload etc, Mike, Brandon, and everyone

Heres the pics..
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/HowlOween%202007/

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z82/SilentPhantom_DSG/Tucson%20Zoo%202007/

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sorry for the delay guys the remaining pics are up! remaining video yet to come