main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Resolution Enforcement Thread.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Alakin_Marshwalker, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    A thread for those who need a little help keeping their New Year's Resolution. I personally want to do something physically active every tuesday. Anyone willing to go out on walks or do a pick up game of soccer or whatever, let me know!

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    What a great idea, Alakin! :)

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone else make any resolutions?

- Rani

4. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Resolutions:
    1. Take advantage of those less fortunate.
    2. Use suppresive force to achieve my short term objectives.
    3. Take over the known universe and make all of humanity my obedient slaves.

Wait a sec...HEY PALPY! WHERE'S MY RESOLUTIONS! Oh. You say that baby Bush was using my computer last. Ah well, not even a Bothan can retreive them from that hive of scum and villany known as Washington now.

How about acknowledging that the events in my past has made me the person i am today. Since i cannot change the past and it is useless to waste energy complaning about it, i will try to be a better person in the future and expand my inner horizons.

Gesh

5. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    OK, is it just me or do i unintentionally kill threads with my posts? Am i too deep? Is it the post-holiday slump?

Perhaps a good way to continue would be to help people with thier resolutions. The best way to do that is to see if you need more than you're admitting, so...

What do people think i need to change about me, Gesh? Once everyone is done, the next person can step up to the plate and ask the same question. Spond good?

Gesh

6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    OK, is it just me or do i unintentionally kill threads with my posts? Am i too deep? Is it the post-holiday slump?

I've been known to kill threads too, Gesh, not to worry. I think it's probably the post-holiday slump, and people trying to think of something more profound to say than, "Snowy day, eh?" :)

Perhaps a good way to continue would be to help people with thier resolutions. The best way to do that is to see if you need more than you're admitting, so...

What do people think i need to change about me, Gesh? Once everyone is done, the next person can step up to the plate and ask the same question. Spond good?

Ooh, that's tough. If there were too many things we wanted you to change, we wouldn't like you as much as we do in the first place! :) Okay, if you want, I'll give it a try...

The best kind of laughter is the kind that is shared with others. Laughter is a contagious thing. I recall one of your unique traits is to laugh silently, bouncing your shoulders and head slightly but not laughing very audibly. At times the only way I have realized you found something funny was if you began speaking while laughing. If I were to pick one thing I'd love to see you change, it would be to hear you laugh louder, my friend, and more often. :)

- Rani

7. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    I find that i laugh more at the absurd or the unexpected. like "Sex in the City" or improv on TV. If i don't laugh audibly it may be that i heard it before or it is simply amusing. I will try to more though. Perhaps starting by saying "harbour seals" after jokes so it comes out "Hardy har hah hah".

I once knew a guy whose uncle had a huge impact on his scense of humour. He no longer remembers the joke but to this day if you say to him "dirty bird" he breaks out in a big grin and usually laughs. Laughter is strange ain't it.

Any other suggestions? If there is none after two days how about someone else steps up to the plate?

Gesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.